Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Police consulted warlock over horse plaiting

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,581 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 06 December 2009 - 08:49 PM

www.telegraph.co.uk said:

A police force has consulted a "warlock" in an attempt to unravel a spate of mysterious incidents of horses having their manes plaited.

Owners in west Dorset and the surrounding counties had believed that thieves plaited the manes of the beasts to identify which ones to steal when they returned at night.

But police officers investigating the incidents said there had been no thefts, and instead their enquiries led to the world of pagan ritual.

It is now believed that the practice is a part of white witch "knot magick" that is used when a spell is cast.

It seems those responsible to go extreme lengths at night to carry out their plaiting as horses have had their manes knotted on nights of high wind and rain.

And some of those targeted have been in fields surrounded by electric fences, miles from anywhere.

It is not known exactly how many horses have been targeted but at least a dozen are known to have had the treatment.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Paranormalcy

Paranormalcy

Interterrestrial Being

• 5,617 posts

• "Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday."

Posted 06 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

"warlocks" eh. I'm too tired to even quote implied facepalm here.

| Ouija/Ideomotor | Sleep Paralys./Hypnogogia | Ouija: 252 hrs/4yrs

#3    UltraThunderMan

UltraThunderMan

The Ultra One

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 10:03 PM

What does plaiting mean?  And they honestly go to some guy calling himself a warlock?

#4    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,581 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:45 PM

kurethmu, on 06 December 2009 - 10:03 PM, said:

What does plaiting mean?  And they honestly go to some guy calling himself a warlock?
It's the crossing over of the strands of hair in a horses tail. Some girls also have their hair plaited.

http://www.wikihow.c...-a-Horse's-Tail

Posted Image

#5    Juanita Rose Violini

Juanita Rose Violini

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

• I Love Life!

Posted 07 December 2009 - 04:33 PM

We call it braiding.  I've came across this phenomena will doing research for my book.

From the Occult Review for May, 1906, Franz Hartmann, writing under the title ‘Witchcraft in Germany’ says that his ‘brother-in-law, Count A. v. S.___, was a captain in the Bavarian clavalry (chevaux-legers), and lives at present at S., after having retired from service. Some years ago while on duty he noticed that one of his horses was sickly and the groom reported that he found it every morning bathed in sweat, and with its mane and tail plaited in a most unaccountable way. The Count, being a total unbeliever in things unnatural, made up his mind to investigate the matter, and so he spent the night in the stable watching the horse. Everything seemed all right, but at about 2 am, a sudden tremor shook the horse, and in a moment its mane and tail were plaited in a most intricate manner, and the animal became covered with sweat.’

“Don’t wish, Miss Tick had said. Do things.”  - Terry Pratchett

#6    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,763 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:37 PM

kurethmu, on 06 December 2009 - 10:03 PM, said:

Apparently, some individuals do take Dungeons & Dragons very seriously.

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#7    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,031 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:47 PM

Juanita Rose Violini, on 07 December 2009 - 04:33 PM, said:

We call it braiding.  I've came across this phenomena will doing research for my book.

From the Occult Review for May, 1906, Franz Hartmann, writing under the title ‘Witchcraft in Germany’ says that his ‘brother-in-law, Count A. v. S.___, was a captain in the Bavarian clavalry (chevaux-legers), and lives at present at S., after having retired from service. Some years ago while on duty he noticed that one of his horses was sickly and the groom reported that he found it every morning bathed in sweat, and with its mane and tail plaited in a most unaccountable way. The Count, being a total unbeliever in things unnatural, made up his mind to investigate the matter, and so he spent the night in the stable watching the horse. Everything seemed all right, but at about 2 am, a sudden tremor shook the horse, and in a moment its mane and tail were plaited in a most intricate manner, and the animal became covered with sweat.’
They have Slavic fairies visiting there. Seriously.
Slavic fairies are not small, winged creatures, they are said to be very humanoid. They 'borrow' horses to ride them during night. They make plaids in horse’s mane and tail for fun and as a mark. Then they return horses in the dawn, sometimes sweaty but always unharmed. Quite similar to the story you posted.
I expect little bells to start appearing in manes of those horses and people to start seeing tall, pale girls in long flowing gowns.  :yes:

Posted Image

Have I ever lost the plot while reading one of your posts?
The will to live maybe, but not the plot...  -  Junior Chubb

#8    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 05:59 PM

Helen of Annoy, on 07 December 2009 - 05:47 PM, said:

They have Slavic fairies visiting there. Seriously.
Slavic fairies are not small, winged creatures, they are said to be very humanoid. They 'borrow' horses to ride them during night. They make plaids in horse’s mane and tail for fun and as a mark. Then they return horses in the dawn, sometimes sweaty but always unharmed. Quite similar to the story you posted.
I expect little bells to start appearing in manes of those horses and people to start seeing tall, pale girls in long flowing gowns.  :yes:

Cool story and hell ya "seeing tall, pale girls in long flowing gowns."  can't wait to start seeing that LOL

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#9    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,031 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:11 PM

The Silver Thong, on 07 December 2009 - 05:59 PM, said:

Cool story and hell ya "seeing tall, pale girls in long flowing gowns."  can't wait to start seeing that LOL
According to old stories, you might even get lucky ;) , but you must never betray their trust – that includes talking about meeting them. They are very efficient helpers but also horrible avengers. There was a story about young man who was ungrateful after being helped by fairies, so they broke his legs. They were mild, because they liked him, some others were driven insane or simply killed.
Besides that detail, fairies are very lovely and they love to help, asking nothing in return. OK, sometimes they want a child in return, but that's only in specific cases.

Edited by Helen of Annoy, 07 December 2009 - 06:12 PM.

Posted Image

#10    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:27 PM

Helen of Annoy, on 07 December 2009 - 06:11 PM, said:

According to old stories, you might even get lucky ;) , but you must never betray their trust – that includes talking about meeting them. They are very efficient helpers but also horrible avengers. There was a story about young man who was ungrateful after being helped by fairies, so they broke his legs. They were mild, because they liked him, some others were driven insane or simply killed.
Besides that detail, fairies are very lovely and they love to help, asking nothing in return. OK, sometimes they want a child in return, but that's only in specific cases.

Ok I want to meet one lol  That would be awesome if only it were true. I would be out looking for one everynight LOL

#11    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,031 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 07 December 2009 - 06:42 PM

The Silver Thong, on 07 December 2009 - 06:27 PM, said:

Ok I want to meet one lol  That would be awesome if only it were true. I would be out looking for one everynight LOL
Go to the creek or river, preferably somewhere in the forest, tie red ribbons to a tree and wait. You can fall asleep if you wish. Repeat for few nights, or until they show up.
If they are not appearing, just say out loud why do you need them and go home. If they appear, you can say your problems to them and they will help, but before that you'll have to dance with them (that's how crop circles are formed, according to our lore  :lol: ).
If a fairy falls in love with you, she’ll ask you to go with them, to their world. You can refuse that offer, but children born to fairy mother always belong only to her, human father has no rights.
Now you really, really want to meet one, ha?

Posted Image

#12    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,233 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

Helen of Annoy, on 07 December 2009 - 06:42 PM, said:

Go to the creek or river, preferably somewhere in the forest, tie red ribbons to a tree and wait. You can fall asleep if you wish. Repeat for few nights, or until they show up.
If they are not appearing, just say out loud why do you need them and go home. If they appear, you can say your problems to them and they will help, but before that you'll have to dance with them (that's how crop circles are formed, according to our lore  :lol: ).
If a fairy falls in love with you, she’ll ask you to go with them, to their world. You can refuse that offer, but children born to fairy mother always belong only to her, human father has no rights.

I think that would be damn cool and ya in the sping I'm going to the river with red bows and camp for a week. Dancing by the river in the pale moon light sounds like fun hehe.  Now the crop circle thing thats just nuts LOL

#13    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:08 AM

Helen of Annoy, on 07 December 2009 - 06:11 PM, said:

As long as they are not asking for child support after.. :P

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#14    ~Onyx~

~Onyx~

The Wisest of Asses

• 7,141 posts

• They gave me life, I gave 'em hell.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:22 PM

Helen of Annoy, on 07 December 2009 - 06:42 PM, said:

Damn, that's A LOT of work. Can't you just send them an e-mail @fairydancindownbytheriver.com, or something?

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. They don't alter their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit the views. Which can be unconfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering."

#15    Helen of Annoy

Helen of Annoy

devil's aunt

• 22,031 posts

• Where there's a will
    there's a way.

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:48 PM

Paracelse, on 28 December 2009 - 10:08 AM, said:

As long as they are not asking for child support after.. :P
You’re spoiling my romantic moment here.  :lol:

~Onyx~, on 28 December 2009 - 04:22 PM, said:

Damn, that's A LOT of work. Can't you just send them an e-mail @fairydancindownbytheriver.com, or something?
A lot of work? To tie a ribbon and sleep under the tree is a lot of work?  :blink:
Besides, we are talking about fairies, not technical support.   :D

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users