Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Drawing in progress...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 04 June 2004 - 07:29 PM

I found this on goofball.com, and thought that some of the more artistic types here might enjoy this. It is an animated picture of the process of drawing a womans head. I thought it was neat and thought maybe some of you might get a kick out of it. I can't seem to draw a straight line with a ruler, so I will never be able to pull this off...

user posted image

Edited by fluffybunny, 04 June 2004 - 11:50 PM.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#2    Permakid

Permakid

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

That is really neat!  Nice find, Fluffybunny!  Too bad nothing could help my pathetic drawing skills.  grin2.gif  

Posted Image

#3    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:31 PM

I have been practicing using the techniques of the above drawing in progress, and I think the results are pretty darned good...

Attached Files

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

#4    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:40 PM

LOL

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#5    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:41 PM

wow, the original is amazing.
is that a drawing, or a painting?

fluffy, yours AWESOME!!

#6    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

Thomas Paine

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:49 PM

QUOTE (BurnSide @ Jun 4 2004, 04:41 PM)
fluffy, yours AWESOME!!

My style was slightly influenced by Da Vinci...

Just a little bit though, some folks say that they can spot similarites between our works...I personally don't see it, but art is always open to interpretation...

rolleyes.gif  

#7    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 04 June 2004 - 11:57 PM

whoa

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#8    Permakid

Permakid

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 05 June 2004 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (fluffybunny @ Jun 4 2004, 04:31 PM)
I have been practicing using the techniques of the above drawing in progress, and I think the results are pretty darned good...

laugh.gif Very nice!  

I bow to your superior artistic abilities, Fluffy. notworthy.gif  

Posted Image

#9    wasswagler

wasswagler

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• Sooner or later everything and everybody becomes bottled memories.........

Posted 06 June 2004 - 05:29 PM

thumbsup.gif   I like that!

#10    Halo_Jones

Halo_Jones

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,067 posts

• Thanks to Universal Absurdity and The Barman for my new Groovy Dynamite Diva.....See UA & thebarman's Animated Avatar Workshop

Posted 09 June 2004 - 08:28 AM

laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif  OOhh Fluffy ...I like your effort waaaay better <lol>
If you gave him a tuft of hair on top, he would look like "BURT" from Seasame Street  cool.gif  thumbsup.gif  

#11    Dowdy

Dowdy

Poltergeist

• 2,186 posts

• "The one thing we have learnt from history is that we learn nothing from history." Albert Einstein

Posted 09 June 2004 - 09:03 AM

keep up the good work fluffybunny thumbsup.gif  

THE PAOMNNEHAL PWEOR OF THE HMUAN MNID Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. Can you? ;)

#12    doomgirl

doomgirl

Government Agent

• 3,323 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 01:52 AM

The painting has been done with pastels by the looks of it, but very cool find fluffy thumbsup.gif  

Spaceflight News - UM's Sister Site - Join Us

It ain't fittin'... it ain't fittin'. It jes' ain't fittin'... It ain't fittin'
Do I look like a freakin' people person?
All Things Wrestling Forum
Arts, Crafts N Gardens Forum

Computer Support Forum
Amby's Forum
Panda.org - WWF
Posted Image

#13    snuffypuffer

snuffypuffer

Dandy Fop

• 11,038 posts

• Let's get happy!

Posted 10 June 2004 - 02:41 AM

'thass a funny one.

Nothing to see here.

#14    Gerry

Gerry

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 22 posts

• &quot;There is no such thing as too much coffee&quot;.

Posted 14 June 2004 - 08:50 PM

Fluffbunny, if you have the desire to draw and you are willing to, PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRATICE.  You will be able to draw.  I loved watching a guy on TV named Bob Ross.  I was fascinated at the way he painted landscapes and seacapes.  Watching him and listening to him inspired me.  I decided to I can paint just like him.  I simply decided I want to paint, and I can paint like him.  Bob made clear two things, (1) DESIRE (2) PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE.  After many HAPPY ACCIDENTS as he put it.  I can now paint landscapes as well as seascapes.
I doubt I will ever be a so called MASTER.  I do have hours of fun and enjoyment.
  The series was called the Joy of Painting on PBS.  Never give up.   thumbsup.gif  

#15    jenk

jenk

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 675 posts

• &quot;There are a terrible lot of lies going round the world, and the worst of it is that they're true.&quot; Winston Churchill

Posted 14 June 2004 - 09:00 PM

That first drawing is kick ass!  The second........GOD LIKE grin2.gif  laugh.gif  

"Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yeild to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy." Winston Churchill

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users