Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


- - - - -

A coming civil war in the US?


  • Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#1    el midgetron

el midgetron

    Government Agent

  • Member
  • 3,936 posts
  • Joined:26 Sep 2006
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:the middle of the mitten

  • saturnalian brother

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:36 PM

Quote

According to an obscure report in the European Union Times (EUTimes.net), "Russian Military Analysts are reporting to Prime Minister Putin that US President Barack Obama has issued an order to his Northern Command's (USNORTHCOM) top leader, US Air Force General Gene Renuart, to 'begin immediately' increasing his military forces to 1 million troops by January 30, 2010, in what these reports warn is an expected outbreak of civil war within the United States before the end of winter.

"According to these reports, Obama has had over these past weeks 'numerous' meetings with his war council abut how best to manage the expected implosion of his Nation's banking system while at the same time attempting to keep the United States military hegemony over the World in what Russian Military Analysts state is a 'last ditch gambit' whose success is 'far from certain.'"

The EU Times article continues by saying, "To the fears of Obama over the United States erupting into civil war once the full extent of the rape and pillaging of these peoples by their banks and government becomes known to them, grim evidence now shows the likelihood of this occurring much sooner than later."

The Times story goes on to say that there are "over 220 million American people armed to the teeth and ready to explode."

The Times article concludes by saying, "Though the coming civil war in the United States is being virtually ignored by their propaganda media, the same cannot be said of Russia, where leading Russian political analyst, Professor Igor Panarin has long warned that the economic turmoil in the United States has confirmed his long-held view that the US is heading for collapse."

Many of us would be inclined to pooh-pooh such a story, but then there is this column from Bloomberg.com entitled "Arming Goldman With Pistols Against Public," written by Alice Schroeder. According to Ms Schroeder:

"'I just wrote my first reference for a gun permit,' said a friend, who told me of swearing to the good character of a Goldman Sachs Group Inc. banker who applied to the local police for a permit to buy a pistol. The banker had told this friend of mine that senior Goldman people have loaded up on firearms and are now equipped to defend themselves if there is a populist uprising against the bank."

continues -

http://www.renewamer.../baldwin/091211

Posted Image

"Feels good to be breaking the laws in America again" - Kenny Powers


#2    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,586 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina

  • When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 13 December 2009 - 06:50 PM

Well I have my doubts about this article, US citizens have alredy endured a huge loss with the mass exoduse of our jobs as well as bank forclosures, The american peoples are for the most part calm enough to see where all that would go before taking to pitchforks and stones and guns, They also know the US is a military super power that could tame any kind of an uprising on the home front, Everything this Russian person is saying simply makes no sense IMO


#3    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,078 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:38 PM

I have been thinking about this for years but I don't think, if it happens at all, it will be that soon. There are still too many people that all of this hasn't effected and as much as the American people claim we do everything to help others we don't. We only act when we have something to gain. If this happened that quickly the government would just go in and wipe out everyone rebelling. They couldn't care less about the people. I think it's a complete possibility it will happen just not that quickly.


#4    UltraThunderMan

UltraThunderMan

    The Ultra One

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,043 posts
  • Joined:23 Apr 2009
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 13 December 2009 - 07:56 PM

Yeah I do feel sorry for anyone who tries an uprising like that, they'll just get squashed like bugs.


#5    MID

MID

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,490 posts
  • Joined:06 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 13 December 2009 - 08:38 PM

View Postthefinalfrontier, on 13 December 2009 - 06:50 PM, said:

Well I have my doubts about this article, US citizens have alredy endured a huge loss with the mass exoduse of our jobs as well as bank forclosures, The american peoples are for the most part calm enough to see where all that would go before taking to pitchforks and stones and guns, They also know the US is a military super power that could tame any kind of an uprising on the home front, Everything this Russian person is saying simply makes no sense IMO


Seems pretty sensationalistic and silly to me TFF.

Statements like, "There are 220 million Aericans armed to the teeth and ready to explode," are blantantly silly.  References to letters of reference for a carry permit are also nonsensical, as is the idea of applying to the local police department for a permit to purchase a weapon.

Anyone can walk into a gun dealer and attempt to purchase a weapon without any advance permission...the clearance is taken care of via computer right there on the spot.  The police, or sherrifs have no involvement in that.

Applications for a carry permit involve no letters of reference...at least in my part of the country.

Further, USNORTHCOM has no civil authority to act in a law enforcement capacity.   With a limited number of personnel involved in day-to-day USNORTHCOM operations, and approximately 2,700,000 active U.S. military, one wonders where USNORTCOM would come up with 1 million troops in the next month or so...(?).  Further, one wonders why, being a country at war which has about maybe 150,000 troops actively engaged in that...with constant complaints about the number of people fighting...that the President couldn't have simply ordered a million troops into the battle and finished the thing off in short order.

Nah--this sounds utterly bogus.



No civil war would be necessary...

The problems we have in the United States can be eliminated in much simpler fashion...by pulling the right lever in the next election.


#6    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

    Majestic 12 Operative

  • Member
  • 5,586 posts
  • Joined:28 May 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:South Carolina

  • When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 13 December 2009 - 09:36 PM

View PostMID, on 13 December 2009 - 08:38 PM, said:

Seems pretty sensationalistic and silly to me TFF.

Statements like, "There are 220 million Aericans armed to the teeth and ready to explode," are blantantly silly.  References to letters of reference for a carry permit are also nonsensical, as is the idea of applying to the local police department for a permit to purchase a weapon.

Anyone can walk into a gun dealer and attempt to purchase a weapon without any advance permission...the clearance is taken care of via computer right there on the spot.  The police, or sherrifs have no involvement in that.

Applications for a carry permit involve no letters of reference...at least in my part of the country.

Further, USNORTHCOM has no civil authority to act in a law enforcement capacity.   With a limited number of personnel involved in day-to-day USNORTHCOM operations, and approximately 2,700,000 active U.S. military, one wonders where USNORTCOM would come up with 1 million troops in the next month or so...(?).  Further, one wonders why, being a country at war which has about maybe 150,000 troops actively engaged in that...with constant complaints about the number of people fighting...that the President couldn't have simply ordered a million troops into the battle and finished the thing off in short order.

Nah--this sounds utterly bogus.



No civil war would be necessary...

The problems we have in the United States can be eliminated in much simpler fashion...by pulling the right lever in the next election.


Totally agree with ya MID, Theres just so much in that story that made no sense at all, Things exactly that you have pointed out,

Regards;

TFF

Edited by thefinalfrontier, 13 December 2009 - 09:36 PM.


#7    Universal Sight

Universal Sight

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Joined:12 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet Earth

  • Nature doesnt have a language.... but its talking to us all the time

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:48 PM

View Postkurethmu, on 13 December 2009 - 07:56 PM, said:

Yeah I do feel sorry for anyone who tries an uprising like that, they'll just get squashed like bugs.
The people won before.... they can win again if needed.


Quote

Everything this Russian person is saying simply makes no sense IMO

Probably the russian TMZ or Current affair type news. Mostly B.S. im sure.

Edited by Universal Sight, 13 December 2009 - 10:51 PM.

Stanton Friedman- "But absence of evidence is not evidence for the absence of evidence. <--- WHAT?!

#8    TRUEYOUTRUEME

TRUEYOUTRUEME

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Joined:26 Jun 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New Jersey

  • We Have Heaven

Posted 13 December 2009 - 10:54 PM

I do think that a civil war is coming.  The government is intruding on the rights of the people and I get the sense that there are many people who have had enough of ever-expanding government.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death

Dont hurt the Moon

#9    MichaelW

MichaelW

    Poltergeist

  • Banned
  • 2,523 posts
  • Joined:14 Nov 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Nelson, New Zealand

  • Doctors are sadists who like to play God and watch lesser people scream.

Posted 13 December 2009 - 11:04 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. The large ammount of unemlpoyed plus people unsatisfied with Obama's "socialism" (trust me, Obama is nothing compared to many European and some other nations, including New Zealand) plus the large Republican base in the Southern states who didn't want him in office in the first place.

Signature removed - please see rule 3b.

#10    MID

MID

    Forum Divinity

  • Member
  • 14,490 posts
  • Joined:06 Aug 2005
  • Gender:Male

  • ...The greatest error is not to have tried and failed, but that in trying, we did not give it our best effort.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:09 AM

View PostTRUEYOUTRUEME, on 13 December 2009 - 10:54 PM, said:

I do think that a civil war is coming.  The government is intruding on the rights of the people and I get the sense that there are many people who have had enough of ever-expanding government.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death


The Congressional elections are in 11 months.
What you speak to can be stopped by giving a bunch of Congresspersons and Senators a pink slip next November...

No need to die, TYTM !


#11    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

    SCIENCE!

  • Member
  • 15,179 posts
  • Joined:08 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Queensland, Australia.

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:34 AM

View PostTRUEYOUTRUEME, on 13 December 2009 - 10:54 PM, said:

I do think that a civil war is coming.  The government is intruding on the rights of the people and I get the sense that there are many people who have had enough of ever-expanding government.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death
You'll get death I dare say...

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

You may think you're cool, but you'll never be as cool as Peter Capaldi with an electric guitar, on a tank, playing the Doctor Who theme.

#12    BlindMessiah

BlindMessiah

    Telekinetic

  • Member
  • 7,066 posts
  • Joined:21 Dec 2007
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 December 2009 - 04:24 AM

As if. Americans are a numb and disinterested people. It would be nearly impossible for a militia to amass in large enough numbers to remotely matter. Without any sort of media backing or coordination, it would be via the internet. Any large movement planning a civilian uprising would be easily trackable by the government. If we collapse, I hardly think it to be due to civil war.


#13    Left-Field

Left-Field

    Government Agent

  • Banned
  • 3,489 posts
  • Joined:15 Aug 2009

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:48 AM

A Civil War in America now-a-days? Gee, I don't know - it seems to me not enough Americans bother paying enough attention to what is going on at the upper levels and within the government to bother waging a Civil War.

It's like we're asleep at the wheel, too saturated with "news" about Miley Cyrus and Tiger Woods, and "entertained" by shows like 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' and 'Dancing with the Stars', 'American Idol', etc. - and of course the sports world (I am a football junkie btw, lol).

To actually pay attention to what the President and Congress and the other powers of the World are up to though - to follow what's done at those levels that actually play a part in how our lives are "controlled"... nah, who wants to bother dealing with any of that?
<_<

Edited by Broken Arrow, 14 December 2009 - 06:52 AM.


#14    Universal Sight

Universal Sight

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • Joined:12 Sep 2009
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Planet Earth

  • Nature doesnt have a language.... but its talking to us all the time

Posted 14 December 2009 - 06:48 AM

View PostMichaelW, on 13 December 2009 - 11:04 PM, said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen. The large ammount of unemlpoyed plus people unsatisfied with Obama's "socialism" (trust me, Obama is nothing compared to many European and some other nations, including New Zealand) plus the large Republican base in the Southern states who didn't want him in office in the first place.
Not yet. I believe there will be more "surprises" as a result of the current actions playing out behind the scenes.

View PostBlindMessiah, on 14 December 2009 - 04:24 AM, said:

As if. Americans are a numb and disinterested people. It would be nearly impossible for a militia to amass in large enough numbers to remotely matter. Without any sort of media backing or coordination, it would be via the internet. Any large movement planning a civilian uprising would be easily trackable by the government. If we collapse, I hardly think it to be due to civil war.
True. Its proven that compared to alot of other countries Americans are a lazy people. But, we are also a people that when pushed too far we can and would take action in any situation.

And remember, nothing is impossible. People are going tired of a little bit of everything they are seeing as of late. Its building up and unless someone who is truly for the people comes along to settle things down by at least showing some progress without further putting the people under foot...then yea....it could and most likely will happen.


Quote

A Civil War in America now-a-days? Gee, I don't know... it seems to me not enough Americans bother paying enough attention to what is going on at the upper levels and within the government to bother waging a Civil War. It's like we're asleep at the wheel.... too saturated with "news" about Miley Cyrus and Tiger Woods, and "entertained" by shows like 'Keeping Up with the Kardashians' and 'Dancing with the Stars', 'American Idol', etc... and of course the sports world... to actually pay attention to what the President and Congress and the other powers of the World are up to though, to follow what's done at those levels that actually play a part in how our lives are "controlled"... nah, who wants to bother dealing with any of that....  
1). While this is true i believe that anymore the people arent sure what to believe. Our government structure has become one of manipulation and deceit for "ones" personal gain or rise to authority positions.

To make up laws to limit peoples freedoms as well as crimes and some f these are ridiculous IMO.

2). i agree with television being milked to mush anymore. Personally, i wish they would get rid of the reality shows. Those people on there and up looking so bad, but i guess anything for a buck.

I just wish that if they are going to report on personal lives of atheletes/stars they should limit it to a report and then another report when something new actually arises in the cases. I could care less if Tiger Woods is having sex, hes human, millions of people do it let him and his family heal!!!  All the while this is going on no one probably knows about the approval of the latest bill passed!

Edited by Universal Sight, 14 December 2009 - 06:57 AM.

Stanton Friedman- "But absence of evidence is not evidence for the absence of evidence. <--- WHAT?!

#15    conspiracybeliever

conspiracybeliever

    Telekinetic

  • Banned
  • 7,078 posts
  • Joined:10 Jul 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected

Posted 14 December 2009 - 01:49 PM

There are a couple things that I see wrong with the above statement.

"People are going tired of a little bit of everything they are seeing as of late."

The "of late"? This has been going on for a long time. YEARS!

And the "the people" part, the problem is "the people" don't think like a people. They think about me, me, me. People would have to start taking a look at the big picture instead of just worrying about what's going on in their little space. I don't see that happening in the near future. The people would have to unite without the government and media telling us to. That would be a problem.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users