Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A laser pointer-like red light

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#1    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 03:31 AM

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

Edited by ~Shadow~, 14 December 2009 - 03:34 AM.

#2    Grape Soda

Grape Soda

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 05:31 AM

did the object have solid mass as it moved across the uneven surfaces, or did it bend and change size like a laser pointer would?

#3    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 10:50 AM

View PostGrape Soda, on 14 December 2009 - 05:31 AM, said:

did the object have solid mass as it moved across the uneven surfaces, or did it bend and change size like a laser pointer would?

It bent like a laser pointer would, but it was basically impossible for it to be someone shining a laser pointer from outside.

#4    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:06 AM

You said we in your post. Can you totally rule out that whoever you were with couldn't be messing with you? If so, looks like they really got you good. If you had seen it sometimes when alone in the room, was the other person who had seen it with you in the house?

edit - Just read the last part of your post. How do you just know?

Edited by Jerry Only, 15 December 2009 - 09:07 AM.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#5    Fatal

Fatal

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 12:15 PM

View PostJerry Only, on 15 December 2009 - 09:06 AM, said:

You said we in your post. Can you totally rule out that whoever you were with couldn't be messing with you? If so, looks like they really got you good. If you had seen it sometimes when alone in the room, was the other person who had seen it with you in the house?

edit - Just read the last part of your post. How do you just know?

Well, the first time we saw it in the living room, me and my three brothers were present. But I could see in plain sight neither of them were doing it. The time my younger brother and I saw it in the bedroom, it was only us two and my mom and stepdad who were home. They were both asleep, plus it's definitely not like them to play pranks. But yeah, they were asleep. I know this because after we ran out (we ran out while the light was still "hanging" above the doorway), no one was outside of the room and they were still sound asleep in their room. And it wasn't my brother because obviously, I would have seen if he was doing it.

#6    _Only

_Only

• 6,782 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:22 PM

View Post~Shadow~, on 15 December 2009 - 12:15 PM, said:

Well, the first time we saw it in the living room, me and my three brothers were present. But I could see in plain sight neither of them were doing it. The time my younger brother and I saw it in the bedroom, it was only us two and my mom and stepdad who were home. They were both asleep, plus it's definitely not like them to play pranks. But yeah, they were asleep. I know this because after we ran out (we ran out while the light was still "hanging" above the doorway), no one was outside of the room and they were still sound asleep in their room. And it wasn't my brother because obviously, I would have seen if he was doing it.

Well then that is 1 hell of a mystery. Sorry, I'm stumped. Interesting though.

"I think there may be "ghost phenomenon" that may be still not fully understood or dismissed, but that doesn't make it spirits of the dead, anymore than "UFO" means "spaceship" or even "UFO" or "spaceship" is directly related to aliens, or anything else. There is way too much assumption and a baseless reliance on anecdotal lore, like when people assert this or that about the spirit world or the astral plane or Ouija board demons, or religion. I say 'says WHO?'" - Paranormalcy

#7    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

sit vis vobiscum

• 11,987 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:34 PM

hmm yeah, very odd.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#8    Mysteries Explained

Mysteries Explained

Alien Embryo

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 108 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

View Post~Shadow~, on 14 December 2009 - 03:31 AM, said:

I think I've posted my story a while back. So I'm not going to post my whole story, I'm just going to post some things I've experienced and see if anyone else has ever experienced this.

First off, the house was built in the very early 1900's, according to the owner. And it is built along the most historic street in our city. Well a few times, we'd see this red light, which looked similar to a laser pointer. It was first noticed on the living room wall. We noticed it here a couple different times. Then my brother and I noticed it one night, moving around on the top surface of the bed. And in both rooms, when noticed on the wall, it would stop above the doorway, then goes away. Keep in mind, the windows in both these rooms were always kept covered with blinds and curtains, mainly because it was a somewhat bad neighborhood and my mom didn't like the possibility of strangers peeking into our home. Not to mention, the living room window was right next to the next building, which was a huge brick building with no windows on that side. And we lived on the second floor, so if someone was outside with a laser pointer, it would be really tricky to get a laser pointer to shine on the surface of a bed, from a floor below the window, outside, with the window covered. And no, nobody else in the house was doing this. I just know. I've asked around on another website before and have only come into contact with one other person who has experienced something similar, with the same kind of red light.

Has anyone else experienced this before and is there a possible explanation for this?

Reminds me of the old predator movie right before he would eat his prey. :) Don't worry I have experienced that as well, your safe. Laser means: Focused light. So whether green, red or blue just remember focused light. Focus on the good things.

#9    Big Jon

Big Jon

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 172 posts

Posted 17 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

i thort i seen a red light in my backgarden once bit bigger then size of lazer pointer but i was falling in and out of sleeps and i was watching t.v most of the night so ima put that one down to my eyes playing tricks on me

#10    brlesq1

brlesq1

Fan Dancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

• Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 17 December 2009 - 01:55 AM

Weird. I was going to say I had something similar in my house, but it doesn't move and I only see it in the morning. I'm sure it's something mundane. I'll find out when I get around to it.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#11    danielpower

danielpower

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Maybe it's real red laser beam.

#12    Rafterman

Rafterman

Telekinetic

• 7,409 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 03:12 PM

If it looks like a laser and moves like a laser....well you know the rest.

"For me, it is better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring."
                                                                                                                                           - Carl Sagan, The Demon-Haunted World:  Science as a Candle in the Dark

#13    Fyfee

Fyfee

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:13 PM

This actually has happened me before.. In my old house when I was younger me and a few of my friends had made an ouija board being the buttheads we were, nothing happened though got no response but from then on until i moved when ever I turned the light off in my room a red light like a laser would flash round my room.. There was nothing that it was reflecting off and it used to scare the crap out of me. Its also happened once in the dining room of my current house.

#14    Obsessive

Obsessive

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

• "I would rather have a mind opened by wonder than one closed by belief".

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

If it looks like a laser and moves like a laser....well you know the rest.

Hehehe... I'm with you on that one.

#15    Xanthurion2

Xanthurion2

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts

• Valar morghulis

Posted 19 August 2011 - 06:00 AM

i would have have hit the floor if i saw that. not that there's any reason anyone would want to snipe me...

SRS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users