Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Dancing Star In Night Sky

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:32 PM

My brother and I witnessed two dancing black dots, one following the other, high above the clouds on a sunny day. Not zig-zagging but doing big loop-the-loops then little loop-the-loops all over the blue sky but high above the clouds. It was very graceful to watch. These sorts of things just stop you in your tracks.

This could very well be birds: eagles or vultures or such. They fly very high and do travel up there in loops... catching air currents.

Embrace the impossible.

#17    d e v i c e

d e v i c e

Ambassador of Fear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,747 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:23 PM

View PostPurplos, on 21 March 2011 - 04:32 PM, said:

This could very well be birds: eagles or vultures or such. They fly very high and do travel up there in loops... catching air currents.
Yeah I know what you mean, but even high up you can still tell they're birds. No, these were faster than that and maneuvered in such a way that after a few seconds I knew we weren't looking at birds. They covered quite large areas of the sky in short spaces of time then would dip quite low then shoot back up into the sky maneuvering and doing loop-the-loops the whole time one close behind the other. Jet aircraft? Just,no.

#18    ranstinkfist

ranstinkfist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 01:50 AM

I saw this one too before, when me and my friends decided to took a hike in the mountain of daraitan in tanay rizal philippines on june 11 2011, and when the night falls.. around 3am as the bright sky is field with lots of stars, me and my friends notice something unexplained when one star appears to be dancing as it goes upwards, downwards and side wards, it change colors too into blue, green, orange and yellow. I wonder what this object is all about, its actually look like a star, but the thing is.. its dance so fast that over a million of years to go to a one star, you can actually see it dancing in front of you in a split seconds. This could be an official unexplained mysteries.

#19    dancingstar

dancingstar

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:04 PM

• I have just witnessed a dancing star in the sky in Dundee, Scotland. I am still shocked and just joined this site to post in the hope that there is an explanation. The star shot across the sky, stopped, zig zagged, dropped up and down then shot back the other way. I have never seen anything like this. The whole thing lasted around 2 minutes and covered an uncomprehendable distance in such little time. I have seen shooting stars in the past but this was not a shooting star, I really dont know what I have just seen.

#20    archer95446

archer95446

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 290 posts

• The picture is of my great great grandparents, on their 60th wedding anniversary!!!

Posted 18 September 2012 - 11:00 PM

I see these "jumping or dancing stars" every night.  they are not birds, because it's in space!!  there isn't anything wrong with anybodies eyes either, because it's real!!!
I was told that they are satellites.  maybe they are or are not, but whatever the case is, they are there!!!

#21    pbyhistorian

pbyhistorian

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

I didn't read these posts too closely but, no, no one is crazy.  It could be correct however to say "you're hallucinating".

Back in my thirties, I participated in an all-night star party atop Glacier Point in Yosemite with an astronomy club.  After a long night, we were waiting for the full moon to appear from behind Half Dome.  I was looking at a very bright star and suddenly it began to exhibit non-ballistic motion!  I pointed it out to the old-timers who, of course, could see that the star wasn't dancing.

They explained that when you're fatigued and there is no point of reference (like the horizon) in your field of view, your eyes will start making small erratic movements (perhaps looking for a point of reference?).  As soon as I heard the explanation, that star really began dancing(!) which made me laugh.

There is a name for the behavior (which I've forgotten and was looking for when I found this post) that dates back to the days of sail, when sailors spent long hours on watch during the night.

So if you're trying to reproduce the effect, get good and tired, then stare at a bright star or planet with nothing else in your field of view.  Or better yet, get someone else to do it and enjoy their excitement.

#22    pbyhistorian

pbyhistorian

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

Hmm.  Can't edit.

It couldn't have been a "full" moon after a long night.  It was near enough to daylight that only Venus(?) was still visible.

The only reference I could find was to a 19th century Dutch astronomer who called the phenomenon "telekenesis", meaning the movement was caused by the viewer's mind.

#23    Godofcats

Godofcats

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:13 AM

I have heard stories of people i know seeing faint stars dancing around in the night sky. They say you have to look very closley to see them. I watch the night sky very carfully to see shooting stars and satallites and what not but i have never seen the dancing stars.

#24    bbower

bbower

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

About a week ago (7/30/13) I was sitting out on my back deck (10:30pm) talking with my boyfriend and it was dark and we didn't have any lights on. We were just sitting there having a cigarette and enjoying each others company. I noticed a star that appeared to be "dancing" or "jumping" in a zig-zag motion. Up, down, left, right. I watched it for about 10 minutes before bringing it up to my boyfriend so I could be sure that I wasn't seeing a plane or satellite or some other explainable idea. I said to him..."hey, take a look at that star and tell me if you see anything out of the ordinary". After he watched it for a minute he claimed to not see any star "dancing". He said that if I am seeing that then I am probably seeing the Earth rotating, which I am pretty sure is not possible and if it is, that's not what I was seeing. Disappointed and feeling a little insane, I said okay and we continued our conversation and cigarette. Even though he didn't see what I saw, I was still positive that it was something that can not easily be explained.

My mother has come to stay a couple of weeks with me and she likes to look at the sky at night time so I didn't bring it up to her, in hopes that she would notice it and say something to me. Well, last night I was in making pizza and she called for me to come out on the back deck. I knew what she was going to say and I was right. She said "there is a star in the sky that is moving and dancing"!!! I told her that I had seen that about a week ago but couldn't get anyone else to see it. Or at least admit to seeing it. So we looked at it for awhile and discussed the explainable reasons that this would be happening and we could not come up with anything that was logical. Both my mother and I are intelligent people and are aware of how the atmosphere works and still could not scientifically explain what was going on. So we had my twin brother come up from downstairs and look at it to see if he could see something. He said he could but he was very nonchalant about it which made us believe that he could not see what we were seeing.

My mother and I see it again tonight. It is very strange and a little creepy, honestly. I'm positive that there are thousands if not millions of unexplainable occurrences in our atmosphere but most we will never see or hear about. This star (or whatever it is) seems so close and so abnormal. We just can not explain this. I began looking on the internet to see if there is anyone else out there in this big world of ours that has seen the same thing. Though there is not ample coverage on this, we at least feel a little better that you folks have seen it too. And you're all the way in Arizona. We are in Washington State. In our area there are a lot of clear nights with a lot of stars and planets out so we have always been star gazers yet we have never, ever seen this "dancing star". Something isn't right and I can't tell whether it is worth reporting or not. For now, we will just continue to monitor this unexplainable matter.

Good luck to you all and please do not hesitate to contact me if you would like more information as to what we saw or you just want to chat about it. I truly do not and will not believe anything like "it's our eyes playing tricks on us", or "it's just because you are fixating on a particularly small thing". So if those are your explanations you do not need to contact me with that unless you have some solid proof that what we're seeing is an optical illusion or that of something within our minds.

Feel free to email me anytime at: byrunbower1985@gmail.com

#25    Beany

Beany

Government Agent

• 3,301 posts

• If music is the most universal language just think of me as one whole note. Nikki Giovanni

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postdancingstar, on 18 September 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

• I have just witnessed a dancing star in the sky in Dundee, Scotland. I am still shocked and just joined this site to post in the hope that there is an explanation. The star shot across the sky, stopped, zig zagged, dropped up and down then shot back the other way. I have never seen anything like this. The whole thing lasted around 2 minutes and covered an uncomprehendable distance in such little time. I have seen shooting stars in the past but this was not a shooting star, I really dont know what I have just seen.
seen this myself, something zipping across half the sky in 2 to 3 seconds moving up, down, diagonally, when working one summer in Yosemite. Whatever it was it was super fast and clearly not a typical aircraft.

#26    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:01 PM

I saw something similar in Arizona about twenty years ago with some amateur astronomers. I was by myself taking photos of galaxies and saw a dot high in the sky slowly flying in a straight line. It was going roughly north-south so I figured it was a satellite. Then it stopped, and was motionless against the stars for several seconds. Like a dope I stood there staring at it as it started travelling the other direction. It was just a dot so it could have been any flying thing so I didn't initially think flying saucer. Drones had just been used in the Gulf War so I figured it was a drone or something like it.

And why didn't I use the powerful telescope to take a photo of it? I had just started a several minute exposure with it and didn't want to waste the shot (this was in the days of film). In fact I was more concerned that it would fly over and ruin the photo I was taking. It would have been next to impossible to find the thing with the 600X telescope and the long exposure for the slow film would have made it a blur anyway.

None of the other guys had seen anything but they were taking photos in the other direction.

#27    skysprite

skysprite

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

Tonight, April 1, 2014 at 10:30pm on Vancouver Island, I witnessed a "dancing star" that was in the southeast sky. I noticed it immediately as it was very bright, yellow, and it flickered red light. It also moved, erratically--up, down, side to side, in circles, and zig zags--and then it would be still again, for a while, and then move again, and this happened repeatedly, and randomly. With binoculars, it appeared to be flashing red light in a ring.  

At first I thought it to be a trick of the eye or the atmosphere, but I have seen many of these "stars" since 2010. They appear to be like any other star, though particularly bright, and often flash colours, such as, red, blue, and sometimes green. When they move, it is within a radius about the size of a full moon, yet they are also still for long periods of time. I have asked other people to witness and confirm what they have seen when they look at the same thing, and their responses have been as follows: That star is moving! Why is it doing that? That's not a plane. That's not a satellite. What is that? Look! There's another one.

Edited by skysprite, 02 April 2014 - 08:22 AM.

#28    ChrLzs

ChrLzs

Just a contributor..

• 3,215 posts

• I only floccinaucinihilipilificate
    when it IS worthless...

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:08 AM

RC craft.  and/or April 1.

___
All my posts about Apollo are dedicated to the memory of MID - who knew, lived and was an integral part of, Apollo.

#29    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 2,987 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 02 April 2014 - 02:01 PM

View Postdancingstar, on 18 September 2012 - 09:04 PM, said:

A cousin and I witnessed something similar years ago, but I doubt it was a star given the fact that it sounded like it had an engine.  It was very impressive and beautiful in a sense. I just wish I would've recorded it, but at that moment I was frozen in disbelief that I didn't bother looking for the video camera close by.

Edited by Laurent, 02 April 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#30    Sakari

Sakari

tohi

• 12,346 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 10:25 PM

This is a very old thread.....But, since a few posted recently....

With the thousands upon thousands of amatuer astronomers staring at the skies on a nightly basis, why have none reported this?

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users