Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Movie Monsters

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:29 PM

I've just thought, aren't Godzilla and King King the #1 movie monsters as everyone knows who they are, plus Godzilla has had about 50 movies, and King Kong like 10 spin offs?  huh.gif  

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#17    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:34 PM

I think Peter Jackson is going to make us another King Kong flic.
Can't wait!!!.....I wonder who's going to play the damsel in distress?
http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,11535,00.html

Attached Files

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#18    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:36 PM

i think godzilla turned 50 a couple weeks back...always one of the best monsters...

and yeah peter jackson is gonna be directing a remake of king kong. jack black has been cast, as well as a couple other people. not sure about the damsel though.

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#19    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 11:52 PM

i think godzilla turned 50 a couple weeks back...always one of the best monsters...

Indeed, the first Godzilla movie came out in 1954, they are about to release the last one Godzilla: Final Wars in Japan Gozilla.co.jp . Its apparently going to feature a lot of his past enemies/allies and be the classic, get 30 monsters in a city and let them knock the utter **** ****** ****** **** out of each other and the human population until only one remains. Ahh.... flashbacks to Destroy All Monsters blush.gif .  The film is suppost to be the last Godzilla, but lets face it, he's 50 and still Japan's favour cult monster. They're bound to bring him out retirement for the 60th, 70th, 80th etc aniverseries, oh and when that invincible alien monster comes to wipe out Tokyo... again... is Godzilla really gonna stand back and let the Japanese get wiped, NOOO! He'll be out there for that 'one-off' return match too.  rolleyes.gif

Here's a pic of G:FW. I'm guessing someone's made the classic mistake of thinking nukes would kill the monsters... again. tongue.gif

user posted image rolleyes.gif

Edited by Talon S., 10 June 2004 - 11:55 PM.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#20    chico del nacho

chico del nacho

Psychic Spy

• 1,370 posts

• First and Foremost Member of The Doomsday Bananas

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:02 AM

crying.gif *sniff* it's just so beautiful...

i still vote for social democracy. it's like communism lite! only 1/3 the calories of normal communism!
whoever said "money can't buy happiness" was never poor.
I think there's something innately wrong about most people to inspire alien curiousity.
i'm so proud of this post...
Seriousness is stupidity sent to college. -P. J. O'Rourke
Seriousness is the only refuge of the shallow. -Oscar Wilde

#21    Talon

Talon

• 15,003 posts

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:06 AM

*sniff* it's just so beautiful...

I know...  http://www.aintitcool.com even said it will give you an "ere-beep! large enough to destroy downtown Chicago with a might hip twist"  grin2.gif Only they weren't so kind enough to edit their language  tongue.gif  

#22    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 11 June 2004 - 12:21 AM

That new movie called 'The Chronicles of Riddick" looks right on!!

I liked 'Pitch Black" those were some nasty aliens. I like the character Riddick he's like the Anti-Hero.
http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/th...iclesofriddick/

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users