Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

'Al-Qaueda' Threat to US Airlines

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:22 PM

I am all for wiping out the cretins, i.e terrorists who pose a threat to the rest of the world with whatever means neccesary. However I find that rather frightening that you should think that a nuclear war is the only way. A nuclear war will only increase poverty, illness and hunger and destroy peoples lives. Not only the terrorists but civilians all over the world. That can't be right.

Edited by Lottie, 08 June 2004 - 02:22 PM.

#17    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 08 June 2004 - 02:57 PM

I am all for wiping out the cretins, i.e terrorists who pose a threat to the rest of the world with whatever means neccesary. However I find that rather frightening that you should think that a nuclear war is the only way. A nuclear war will only increase poverty, illness and hunger and destroy peoples lives. Not only the terrorists but civilians all over the world. That can't be right.

I was only being facetious Lottie tongue.gif  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#18    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 12 June 2004 - 07:22 PM

I sensed this as a bigger war 'after 911'. And I thought that the Islamic fundamentalists meant to take over the world and anybody who wasn't like them. I see 911 as their big statement... hitting the super power saying, "Hey , we're comin', we're strong enough to hit you and now we're rollin' ". I think this is a big war and I think it will get bigger, til it grows into a world war.  

Really, I think it is a world war now, brewing beneath the surface; that's why I am behind U.S. policy and the Bush administration. We will fight on all fronts, I believe, and when one is down we will turn to another. This is my feeling, my hunch and, yes, I would like to wipe them out original.gif  make them extinct... any sane person would.

Edited by Babs, 12 June 2004 - 07:24 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users