Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Ancient Astronaut Theory

• Please log in to reply
1939 replies to this topic

#16    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,937 posts

• Oops.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:03 PM

View PostGraveyard Hound, on 26 December 2009 - 08:56 PM, said:

Posted ImageJust a word of caution, never use the History Channel as a source of wwhere you got any info. from. Seems it's not pc enough to be considered an objective source of information. Sticks to FOX or MSNBC.
No, like I said earlier, History Channel is a poor source of information. It's pop history, and while it's not always incorrect, it usually glosses over a good deal within the confines of the show.
And faux news and the MiStakeN broadcasting channel are roughly the same, comedy stations give you a better trend of current events.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#17    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

View PostGraveyard Hound, on 26 December 2009 - 08:56 PM, said:

Posted ImageJust a word of caution, never use the History Channel as a source of wwhere you got any info. from. Seems it's not pc enough to be considered an objective source of information. Sticks to FOX or MSNBC.
Wouldn't use them either!

Use academic journals for information regarding science and history.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#18    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:41 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 26 December 2009 - 08:50 PM, said:

So, the pyramids that predate the Giza pyramids, the bent pyramid and the collapsed pyramid, then, and the red pyramid?

Didn't you read what I said?  None of them predate the Gisa pyramids, they were built by the aliens before there were any humans, regardless of what the dating shows. KB

#19    Mattshark

Mattshark

stuff

• 16,985 posts

• Sea Shepherd, making conservation harder.

If you care about wildlife, do not support these pirates.......

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

View PostKennyB, on 26 December 2009 - 09:41 PM, said:

Didn't you read what I said?  None of them predate the Gisa pyramids, they were built by the aliens before there were any humans, regardless of what the dating shows. KB

Actually they do.

Why would explains build so inexpertly exactly?

I can only hope you are doing all this for a laugh Kenny, I'm very scared if you are serious.

And it is Giza btw.

Algae : Protists not Plants!

YNWA

#20    ShadowSot

ShadowSot

Stinky Cheese

• 6,937 posts

• Oops.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 09:46 PM

View PostKennyB, on 26 December 2009 - 09:41 PM, said:

So you DO doubt the dating methods then?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#21    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:49 PM

View PostShadowSot, on 26 December 2009 - 09:46 PM, said:

So you DO doubt the dating methods then?

If they're not the same as Sitchin's, they're wrong. KennyB

#22    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:51 PM

View PostMattshark, on 26 December 2009 - 09:46 PM, said:

Actually they do.

Why would explains build so inexpertly exactly?

I can only hope you are doing all this for a laugh Kenny, I'm very scared if you are serious.

And it is Giza btw.

Reword your second sentence so it makes sense.  KB

#23    HerNibs

HerNibs

Grand Duchess Anaesthesia

• 12,301 posts

• Endless repetition does not make something true.

Posted 26 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

Ok, if aliens built any of these things, couldn't they have done a better job?

I mean there are examples of earlier failures of the pyramids in the deserts right?  Some that are lopsided and uneven?  So the aliens kind of stood by shouting "you're getting warmer!!"??

Oh, and couldn't they have taught them silly little things like, oh, non-eroding type of materials?  Maybe waterproofing?

I am no expert on these things but just a bit of common sense tells you that it was either incompetent aliens or just good old fashion human beings.  Some clever ones at that.

Again, going with the "aliens did it" theme...

Couldn't they have taught them helpful stuff?  Antibiotics?  Food preservation?  Plumbing?  

I'm assuming these aliens had ships with metal, electricity, plastics, medical supplies, etc.  What did they do before they left?  Cleaned up really well after themselves?  I mean have we even found a minute piece of their equipment, food, materials?

Now, which theory makes more sense?

Nibs

Just because it is a mystery to YOU doesn't make it unexplained.

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#24    Drj312

Drj312

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

View PostKennyB, on 26 December 2009 - 11:49 PM, said:

If they're not the same as Sitchin's, they're wrong. KennyB
youre joking right?

#25    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:40 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 26 December 2009 - 11:57 PM, said:

I mean there are examples of earlier failures of the pyramids in the deserts right?  Some that are lopsided and uneven?  So the aliens kind of stood by shouting "you're getting warmer!!"??

Oh, and couldn't they have taught them silly little things like, oh, non-eroding type of materials?  Maybe waterproofing?

I am no expert on these things but just a bit of common sense tells you that it was either incompetent aliens or just good old fashion human beings.  Some clever ones at that.

Couldn't they have taught them helpful stuff?  Antibiotics?  Food preservation?  Plumbing?  

I'm assuming these aliens had ships with metal, electricity, plastics, medical supplies, etc.  What did they do before they left?  Cleaned up really well after themselves?  I mean have we even found a minute piece of their equipment, food, materials?

Nibs

How do I know why the aliens did or didn't do the things they do. Hell, I've got some questions of my own.  Even with all the questions, it still makes more sense than straight evolution or creationism.

#26    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:52 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 26 December 2009 - 11:57 PM, said:

Nibs

Just a silly question here.  Do you know how to drive a car?  If you do, does that mean you can build one as well?  If I can fly a space ship, does that mean I know how to build a sewer system on an alien planet?  If I'm a pilot of said craft, does that mean I know how to manufacture medical supplies on an alien planet?  I would think that whatever tools and equipment they had was pretty precious to them and no doubt they kept it well to themselves.  Whatever they might have done on this alien planet had to be done with what was here.  Why would any of THEIR precious belongings be left behind?  They'd be starting from scratch when they got here, to build anything ON the planet.  They could have a medical lab aboard ship, but how does that teach them how to build one on the ground?  Say they needed test tubes.  They'd have to build a glass manufacturing plant first so they could make test tubes.  Hardly.  They used what they found here that was basic and did the best they could with what was here.  Therefore, everything we find will be indigenous to this planet.  (If were were visited by aliens in space craft that is)

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#27    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 12:56 AM

View PostQoais, on 27 December 2009 - 12:52 AM, said:

Just a silly question here.  Do you know how to drive a car?  If you do, does that mean you can build one as well?  If I can fly a space ship, does that mean I know how to build a sewer system on an alien planet?  If I'm a pilot of said craft, does that mean I know how to manufacture medical supplies on an alien planet?  I would think that whatever tools and equipment they had was pretty precious to them and no doubt they kept it well to themselves.  Whatever they might have done on this alien planet had to be done with what was here.  Why would any of THEIR precious belongings be left behind?  They'd be starting from scratch when they got here, to build anything ON the planet.  They could have a medical lab aboard ship, but how does that teach them how to build one on the ground?  Say they needed test tubes.  They'd have to build a glass manufacturing plant first so they could make test tubes.  Hardly.  They used what they found here that was basic and did the best they could with what was here.  Therefore, everything we find will be indigenous to this planet.  (If were were visited by aliens in space craft that is)

Very logical answer, Qoais.  KennyB

#28    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,301 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:17 AM

View PostQoais, on 27 December 2009 - 12:52 AM, said:

Yes, I know how to drive a car.  Now, if I have a super duper flying car that will take me to other planets then I would be sure to know how to manufacture items incase that car broke down or needed something.  OR if my goal is to "help" other creatures then yeah, I would know how to tell them "yeah, that pointy shape is great but if you create glass panels and focus the heat you can do _____".

Build a glass manufacturing plant?  Fire and sand.  You're good, you can make glass.

Even if they didn't leave anything behind what is wrong with teaching them how to drill wells and pump water?  Teach them that the slimy goop on bread that looks like ______ can be used to make _____.

The theory is that aliens came here to aid man and obviously not secretively if they allowed pictures to be "created".  

Pyramids are the best aliens could do?

If your argument is that they ended up here accidentally and were being secret then that doesn't fit with the other theories being discussed.  

We send astronauts into space and train them how to fix things and send extra stuff with them just in case and they leave stuff all over the darn place.

Nibs

STORM - a must watch - caution, some profanity and may cause you to experience reason.

#29    KennyB

KennyB

Psychic Spy

• 1,472 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:26 AM

View PostHerNibs, on 27 December 2009 - 01:17 AM, said:

Yes, I know how to drive a car.  Now, if I have a super duper flying car that will take me to other planets then I would be sure to know how to manufacture items incase that car broke down or needed something.  OR if my goal is to "help" other creatures then yeah, I would know how to tell them "yeah, that pointy shape is great but if you create glass panels and focus the heat you can do _____".

Build a glass manufacturing plant?  Fire and sand.  You're good, you can make glass.

Even if they didn't leave anything behind what is wrong with teaching them how to drill wells and pump water?  Teach them that the slimy goop on bread that looks like ______ can be used to make _____.

The theory is that aliens came here to aid man and obviously not secretively if they allowed pictures to be "created".  

Pyramids are the best aliens could do?

If your argument is that they ended up here accidentally and were being secret then that doesn't fit with the other theories being discussed.  

We send astronauts into space and train them how to fix things and send extra stuff with them just in case and they leave stuff all over the darn place.

Nibs

Nibs, The aliens didn't come here to aid man. There weren't even any here yet. They came to mine gold. KennyB

#30    HerNibs

HerNibs

• 12,301 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 01:32 AM

View PostKennyB, on 27 December 2009 - 01:26 AM, said:

Nibs, The aliens didn't come here to aid man. There weren't even any here yet. They came to mine gold. KennyB

What evidence do you have of this?

VonDaniwhatsis and Stitchin don't say that.

Nibs

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users