Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * - - - 5 votes

Ancient Astronaut Theory

• Please log in to reply
1940 replies to this topic

#1921    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,997 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

View PostHarte, on 04 June 2013 - 03:36 AM, said:

Tell you what. Let's assume that a large majority of cultures have gods coming down and ascending into the sky.  Some of these cultures, most, probably, would have gotten these beliefs from previous cultures, right?  So it wouldn't be surprising that there are a lot with similar beliefs, would it?

In Mesopotamia (where much, if not all, of Biblical mythology has its roots,) the concept of gods coming from the sky developed later.  Originally, the sky was a god (in Sumer, the chief god, Anu.)  Later, the gods lived on a mountaintop.  There was no "heaven," it was just where the gods lived.  This mountaintop theme carried on into Greece almost in whole cloth.  In the Levant, the theme remained, but the gods didn't actually live on the mountaintop anymore, it was just where you went to talk to them. This is when the gods (in that part of the world) began to take residency in some region in the sky.

There are other reasons besides ets to have your nonexistent gods, creators, demons or whatever come from the sky.

Since the dawn of intelligence the sky has been an amazing and magical thing. Patterns in the sky will tell you the future.  That's a cold fact.  If you know what you are doing, you can say how many days until the Nile floods, for example, and hit it on the nose, or within a few days.

The coming of the next season is predicted by patterns in the sky as well.

Fantastic things appear in the sky, fireballs, comets, huge booms, etc.

The sky has lightning and thunder, tornadoes, rainbows, the Moon.  Get it?

If you can't explain something as a hunter gatherer, then it must be supernatural.

This is a better reason for gods to come from the sky that your ET assertions.

You should try the search function here.  Especially if you ever find the time to do some "research" (LOL) to find some evidence for ancient ETs.  I seriously doubt you can find a single thing that hasn't at least been discussed here tens of times if not hundreds, some of it thousands.

If you were to choose to present something in the future, other than a tiresome proclamation of the superiority of your cognitive skills versus the rest of the world (or a ridiculous youtube vid made by a well-known fraud,) I would strongly suggest you look that bit of evidence up right here at U-M.  It's very likely that it has been discussed, and even more likely that you'll learn something about it yourself.

And best of all, it could help keep you from looking more foolish by presenting us with some fluff that we've already chewed up and spit back out.

Harte

I think the above is brilliant!*  

We must muddle through on our own, it seems.

You can remind me of my idiocy, and in turn I can make sure you remember your own incompetence.

If all else fails, I'll tie a rope around my waist and your waist. That way we won't get lost.  If we come to a cliff, well, at least we've reduced the stupid.

Harte  

....   sorry Harte  but this is stupid  ^   ...   tying the rope around both of you at the cliff   is  TWICE  as stupid !

;

Edited by lightly, 05 June 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#1922    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:06 PM

View PostQuestfortruth, on 03 June 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

I already stated that I know alot of the ancient astronaut occurance information is (grand) speculation. Its a fact that people tend to over exaggerate and run wild with theories based on a shred of evidence.. ofcourse, we humans do that with almost everything.

Thats how the majority of our history books were written. By men with limited funding, wildly inferior technology, no way of testing their findings, who basically just made educated guesses.

Again... all any of you can do is mock me and say spew nonsense that in no way disputes my claims. I ask myself why?

The answer is because you cannot... Some of you are obviously somewhat intelligent, so why not debate the things I have to say? Like I said earlier, its like when a weak minded person results to violence out of frustration and anger towards their own stupidity.

The last few pages of this thread could be used as a perfect example in a psych paper or book of some kind.

Also the fact that here, the masses (ignorant) vs the few (intelligent) wage a war on reason... the masses have never in history been correct, as the masses are less intelligent than the few.

Where did I mock you? All I did was ask you a question, one you haven't answered yet.

You pose yourself as being arrogant (- knowing it all, knowing how others might think, and judging them by that prejudice -) , and you do know what arrogance stands for?

Hiding one's insecurity.

#1923    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

View PostQuestfortruth, on 04 June 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

Exactly... The video proves you all wrong so it was made by a fraud...

The guy in the video is Nassim Haramein, the one presenting and commenting on the artifacts, a guy I can fool with a simple card trick and make him believe I must be psychic.

#1924    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just watch this video, and be convinced this guy is delusional:

"A comet twice the size of Jupiter"....

#1925    Dark_Grey

Dark_Grey

Baseless Opinionator

• 3,087 posts

• if (empty($universe)) {
    include 'reality.php';
    }

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:29 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 05 June 2013 - 05:22 PM, said:

Just watch this video, and be convinced this guy is delusional:

"A comet twice the size of Jupiter"....

The mullet doesn't lie...

"For God doth know that in the day ye eat [the fruit] thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil."

"The tragedy of humanity is that we have stone age instincts, medieval institutions and god-like powers."

#1926    Harte

Harte

Supremely Educated Knower of Everything in Existence. He whose k

• 11,477 posts

• Skeptic

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

View Postlightly, on 05 June 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

I think the above is brilliant!*  
How very perceptive of you, Lightly!  You certainly are a a most excellent judge of intellect! :w00t:

View Postlightly, on 05 June 2013 - 11:49 AM, said:

....   sorry Harte  but this is stupid  ^   ...   tying the rope around both of you at the cliff   is  TWICE  as stupid !

OMG your RIGHT!

Thank Jebus you said something!

Looky here, Jaylemurph, we gots us someone to remind us how stoopid we is.

Harte

Posted Image
See the new Harte Mark III
And the Mayan panoramas on my pyramid pajamas haven't helped my little problem. - The Alan Parsons Project
Most people would die sooner than think; in fact, they do so. - Bertrand Russell
Anybody like Coleridge?

#1927    DingoLingo

DingoLingo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

• Thought of the day

'Never slam dance while priming plastic explosives'

D.R Dodds

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:09 AM

View PostQuestfortruth, on 03 June 2013 - 09:09 AM, said:

Just as I thought.. you people have nothing. I wouldn't matter what "facts" I come up with, just like the artifacts, you would all just say its fake.

That video was a test... my point has been proven. Now ofcourse I don't expect the rats in the maze (you) to know theyre being tested though.

problem is.. you are not coming up with facts.. or artifacts for that matter.. when you get some proper ones.. please feel free to let us know..

as for the video.. thing is.. your the lab rat.. being suckered in by stuff like that without actually look at it..

View PostQuestfortruth, on 03 June 2013 - 09:15 AM, said:

The majority of humans are very dumb, yet full of confidence in their intellect... in a room we have 4 or 5 humans picking on a single humans idea... by the laws of the stupidity majority percentage...  I'm most likely the smart one with the right arguement.

It would be a mathematical impossibility that it were the other way around...

Right.. your logic.. is.. to be honest.. probably the most illogical thing I have ever read on here.. and I am including zosers posts in that statement..

View PostQuestfortruth, on 03 June 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

Every single on of you have the classic sickness... If it proves me wrong it must be fake!

Its actually a psychological disease that infects the infantile majority (you).

Sadly there is no known cure except self discovery and acceptance of ones social brainwashing. Then the fight may begin

actually.. your wrong there.. there is no pyschological disease for that.. how do I know.. my girl friend is a pysch :D

now as for the one you suffer with.. gullibility there is a cure for that.. waking up and actually looking into things before taking it at face value.. good luck.. it is easy to do.. and once you do.. you will understand the truth that everything you believed in prior.. is really.. fiction..

View PostQuestfortruth, on 03 June 2013 - 09:28 AM, said:

Not only does the evidence prove me to be correct but the very nature that I'm being bombarded with idiotic comments and accused of lying and presenting fake evidence shows an occurence that has been happening since the beginning of time.

A small group discovers something amazing and has to fight against the large group of idiots to get it accepted....

Examples...

There is in fact something beyond the shores.

earth is not flat.

But what REALLY shows how stupid you all are is your lack of curiousity.

You are the first men that ganged up on the one that wanted to build a boat an go see if theres anything or anyone else out there and made him feel stupid.

You are the men that burned the first scientists to suggest there was such a thing as a universe.

Again, you should all be ashmed of yourselves, as you don't deserve natures gift of conciousness.

for your first couple of examples.. you really need to look at history.. you will find that both of those (like a few of your other statements) are false..

as for lack of curiosity.. funny enough.. all of us so called skeptics are curious about things.. and we really look at it..

no.. we are the men that show people the truth about things.. dispelling the fiction that people put up as fact..

so my friend.. you should be ashamed that you sprout this kind of rubbish.. and to be honest.. I dont think you actually have natures gift of consciousness.. you seem to be sucked in quite easily..

View PostQuestfortruth, on 04 June 2013 - 09:30 PM, said:

I'm done posting on this thread, as no one has the particular knowledge to argue against this theory

hmmm now I am wondering if there is such a thing as god now.. because this is a heaven sent statement

#1928    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,180 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostDark_Grey, on 05 June 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

The mullet doesn't lie...

No, he's just convinced he knows what he's talking about (spoiler:  he doesn't )

He fooled many of the gullible, unintentionally.

#1929    Stixxman

Stixxman

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,270 posts

• "Of all the things i've lost, I miss my mind the most"
    ozzy osbourne
    "you have nothing to fear but fear itself"
    Roosevelt

Posted 26 May 2015 - 05:18 AM

View PostShadowSot, on 26 December 2009 - 03:20 PM, said:

I could say the same to you.

Daniken was caught faking evidence for his books.
Stitchin has been caught lieing about information in his books.

There are many concievabl ways the pyramids were built, keep in mind there is steady build up to the pyramids at Giza, starting with the step pyramids designed by Imhotep.
The Bent pyramid, the Red Pyramid, and the Collapsed pyramid are evidence of the refining of construction techniques.
Evidence indicates that following the growing season, the people of Egypt, who had much spare time on their hands, were put to work building the pyramids.
Or they could be examples of failed attempts to copy what was already there when the Egyptians came on the scene.

Proud charter member of UMA

With UMA all things are possible

#1930    Hanslune

Hanslune

Government Agent

• 3,573 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:14 AM

View PostStixxman, on 26 May 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

Or they could be examples of failed attempts to copy what was already there when the Egyptians came on the scene.

...but why is there copious evidence for the Egyptian culture and the previous cultures in the Nile valley and not a single item for these other? Where did the live?

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem....................................................................Cormac mac airt......................2015

#1931    shadowsot

shadowsot

Nightstalker

• 9,111 posts

• Oops.

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:28 AM

View PostStixxman, on 26 May 2015 - 05:18 AM, said:

Between Carbon dating the charcoal in the mortar used in the pyramids, markings left by the Egyptian workers in places unreachable after the pyramid was finished unless you have access to dynamite, the tool marks, the remains of the worker's village and the bodies of the workers, all are pretty clear who it was built by, and when.

Think this is the only time a thread's been revived years later in response to one of my posts.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.
-Terry Pratchett

#1932    Stixxman

Stixxman

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,270 posts

ozzy osbourne
    Roosevelt

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:31 AM

View PostHanslune, on 26 May 2015 - 06:14 AM, said:

...but why is there copious evidence for the Egyptian culture and the previous cultures in the Nile valley and not a single item for these other? Where did the live?
It's a mystery to me too. There seems to be a bunch of evidence that is starting to move the commonly accepted timeline of what we understand as human civilization. We harken it back to the Babylonians as the first civilization but Gobekli tempi is like 5000 years older than that date so wtf ??   And new evidence suggests that Machu pichu was built on older ruins. The older ruins being megoloithic block and the modern ruins being much smaller block. Puma punka is aligned like it was built 15000 years ago not 5000.

#1933    Stixxman

Stixxman

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,270 posts

ozzy osbourne
    Roosevelt

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:38 AM

I think a lot of the ancient cultures that have megalithic buildings in their pantheon inherited them.  None of the south and Central American cultures claim sole possession  Of the mega sights they all state rather clearly that these places were sacred and holy before they ever showed up.  If it was easy to say who laid what stone where and when why is Stonehenge a debate still    Anyone can say what they want as long as everyone who can dispute them is long dead when they do. Something horrible probably happened to the previous tenants. Time erases a lot of evidence

#1934    Hanslune

Hanslune

Government Agent

• 3,573 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:40 AM

View PostStixxman, on 26 May 2015 - 06:31 AM, said:

It's a mystery to me too. There seems to be a bunch of evidence that is starting to move the commonly accepted timeline of what we understand as human civilization. We harken it back to the Babylonians as the first civilization but Gobekli tempi is like 5000 years older than that date so wtf ??  

Sumer is the first known civilization - what we have seen of GT would mean it was a culture, I would suggest you might find Catalhuyuck of interest also as it nearly as old and quite interesting

http://en.wikipedia....i/Çatalhöyük

And new evidence suggests that Machu pichu was built on older ruins. The older ruins being megoloithic block and the modern ruins being much smaller block. Puma punka is aligned like it was built 15000 years ago not 5000.

None that I know of for MP

PP you are referring to Posnansky's idea which has been shown to be wrong. PP isn't particularly old the main construction sequence was 1,500 years ago there were some older ruins there too much cruder which have not been successfully dated.

People aren't dismissing your theme out of hand, they are dismissing it because it has no basis in reality. You continue to take the worst translation (Mercer's) of a multiply sourced and combined text written in a language you know nothing about and from 150 years after the GP's construction and pretend, while ignoring that it is found in the tomb and addressed to Unis, that its a construction manual for an object (the GP) 150 years before Unis' reign. You are the reason your theme isn't taken seriously as you've not shown any knowledge of the subject at hand and therein lies your problem....................................................................Cormac mac airt......................2015

#1935    Stixxman

Stixxman

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 3,270 posts

ozzy osbourne
    Roosevelt

Posted 26 May 2015 - 06:44 AM

Why do the locals expressly say they built onto not started then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users