Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

UM-X update on-line

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,486 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 05 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

I believe it allows you to link to someone's Twitter page.

Support for addition links to Twitter, Facebook and other social sites is something that's being considered for a future update.

#32    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,613 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 02:51 AM

I don't know if this is a glitch with the new server or just a separate issue, but sometimes when I quote a person's post in my response, the link that's suppose to take me back to that post doesn't work properly - for some reason it takes me to the top of a random page and not to the post it should.

Eg, THIS POST I quoted a member back on page 25.  Clicking the link to get to that page simply leaves me on the top of page 26, for some reason.

Edited by Paranoid Android, 14 January 2010 - 02:51 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#33    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,486 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:59 AM

Quote snapbacks sometimes not linking to the correct post is a known issue in Invision Board 3, unfortunately its one that Invision Board are going to need to fix themselves in a future update patch.

#34    Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android

????????

• 27,613 posts

• Paranoid Android... Gorram it kid, let's frak this thing and go home! Make it so!

Posted 14 January 2010 - 10:55 AM

Ok thanks for the answer, boss.  Best wishes, :tu:

Edited by Paranoid Android, 14 January 2010 - 10:56 AM.

Posted Image

My blog is now taking a new direction.  Dedicated to my father who was a great inspiration in my life, I wish to honour his memory (RIP, dad) by sharing with the world what he had always kept to himself.  More details, http://www.unexplain...showentry=27811

#35    InnerSpace

InnerSpace

• 3,359 posts

• "Follow your bliss." J. Campbell

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

A really nice look now on the home page.  Kudos, Saru.  =)

I'm not able to approve friend invites. When I click on the link it takes me to a message informing me that I will need to sign in to perform this function, or something to that nature.  Also when I leave a message in someones profile, afterwards, I can't see the message, but below the profile, I can see the whole forum format.

Posted Image
"Justice will not come . . . until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are." ~Thucydides

#36    InnerSpace

InnerSpace

• 3,359 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:12 PM

gosh, and one more thing...when ever I post, I'm automatically signed out after posting.

Posted Image
"Justice will not come . . . until those who are not injured are as indignant as those who are." ~Thucydides

#37    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,486 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

View PostV..., on 14 January 2010 - 06:10 PM, said:

I'm not able to approve friend invites. When I click on the link it takes me to a message informing me that I will need to sign in to perform this function, or something to that nature.

View PostV..., on 14 January 2010 - 06:12 PM, said:

gosh, and one more thing...when ever I post, I'm automatically signed out after posting.
Both of these are likely to have the same cause, sounds like it could be a cookie issue however there could be many different reasons for it depending on your specific browser, settings, plug-ins, other applications etc. How long has this problem been occuring and do you have another browser you can try it on to see if it does the same thing with that ?

Also when I leave a message in someones profile, afterwards, I can't see the message, but below the profile, I can see the whole forum format.
That can happen if the person you are leaving a comment for has comment approval switched on.

#38    InnerSpace

InnerSpace

• 3,359 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:52 PM

Cookies didn't seem to be the problem.  I only have problems when I'm using Firefox but not IE.  With FF, there is always an attachment showing (just a small corner image of UM forum) under the 'Attachment' line below when I'm posting.  'It also says attach this file'.  I've already check to see if I had any attachments stored, but I don't.  Again, I don't show this with IE, nor do I have problems with anything else using IE.   I'm at a loss, lol.  I prefer using FF, but until today, no problems on UM.

Thanx.

Posted Image

#39    InnerSpace

InnerSpace

• 3,359 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 04:22 AM

The problem is resolved now.  Thanx again.

Posted Image

#40    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,486 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 09:34 AM

No problem, let me know if you run in to any other difficulties.

#41    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 18,625 posts

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:10 PM

You do such a wonderful job on your site Saru ! Thanks !justDONTEATUS :rolleyes:

This is a Work in Progress!

#42    icerg

icerg

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 11:29 AM

Just want to say I have always enjoyed this site but this update makes it one of the best I have seen. Excellent job!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users