Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

obscure hobbies

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

#61    Firien

Firien

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

• To know, to dare, to will, to keep silent....

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

purplos..how do you make these fairy houses? i want to make something. i dont really have a hobby thats obscure or weird or whatever. my only hobbies are dancing, reading, oh i used to make fairy dolls though. make their clothes and hair. i got tired of it but you know maybe i will start that again. yeah.  i really think i might.  me, hot glue gun and some fabric and that doll hair. id love to make fairy houses to go with them. original.gif

Posted Image

#62    tristessa

tristessa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 33 posts

• l u n a

Posted 27 May 2005 - 12:28 AM

it's not exactly obscure, but i collect pullip dolls.

go away my precious doll, get thee gone from here.
when i close my eyes to sleep, please do not appear.

#63    anami

anami

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 152 posts

• Y.R.S. of tribe 13

Posted 27 May 2005 - 06:21 AM

i am the worlds best flaming hula hoop dancer.

That's a pretty obscure hobby i suppose, gaining noteriety.
But i still got some tricks NONE of these younguns can do, and moxy a shizza load of moxy!

#64    seeking

seeking

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Unthinking faith would be a good question to ask the creator of the human mind.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:04 AM

i collect movie tickets too....my oldest one is of home alone

i also enjoy handcuffs and ropes -=x

i also collect those "import racer" 1:18 scale modified cars as well as the DUB series

but my most obscure hobby i think would be when i get bored i play with my hair...and i dont even have long hair...its actually fairly short

Posted Image
"Religion has no place in public schools the way facts have no place in organized religion."

#65    Amalgamut

Amalgamut

Government Agent

• 3,535 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:06 AM

I used to collect copenhagen cans.

Why tiptoe quietly through life just to arrive safely at death?

#66    SCARLET1

SCARLET1

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 383 posts

• Looking for my sanity....in the basement...

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:29 PM

hmmm....weird hobbies....

I read books about anything that looks interesting. Obsessively.
Right now, I have one called "the Idiot's Guide to Latin". My hubby was like, "it's a dead language." but now that I think about it, he was all into that stage I had where I was learning Ancient Egyptian. Far as I know, that language is even "deader", if that's possible. He even wanted to find gold body paint for me during Halloween, since I had an outfit to wear already. Too much "Mummy".

Umm...other than that...oh, I collect movie stubs, too. Though I haven't been to the movies in more than a year now, so....

Oh, I make jewelry with my Indian bead-loom. I have to get more beads, tho, cuz my kids dumped them all over the floor and I had to vacuum them all up. I think there's some still in my carpet...

One more thing...documentaries are AWESOME! I don't have cable, but when I DO get to see some, I watch them to seriously learn as well.

~Scarlet~

#67    Invisigoth

Invisigoth

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 87 posts

• Here's to Swimin' with Bowlegged Women!

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:21 AM

My Grandfather owned a Gem and Mineral shop and he taught me about stone cutting and Lapidary work.  A few months I inherited all his rock shop stuff, an awesome collection of crystals and minerals and lapidary equipment.  So i've really been into stone cutting.

#68    Bahamut_0

Bahamut_0

I am a horrible person =D

• Banned
  • 1,654 posts

• To those who have been watching all this time...

Posted 06 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

QUOTE(Cufflink @ Jun 10 2004, 06:32 PM)
QUOTE(tendo @ Jun 10 2004, 05:57 PM)
this thread is to discuss those little quark hobbies we know we all have, but may not like to admit it... mine is vampirism...i admit that i like them, but, i really wanna get fangs implanted

That sounds more like a fetish.

View Post

have to agree wtih that, weird that a human actualy like to wear fake fangs, even some real vamps dont do that, just the weirdos and psychotic ones, you arent a vampire and u take vampirism as an hobbie, that's just 2 weird, real vamps dont do it as a hobbie, its more like a need...

By the way do u just wear the fangs or u suck other ppls blood?? (i'm not making fun of u, just wanted to know plz)

Edited by Bahamut_0, 06 June 2005 - 10:52 AM.

Dont look at me like that, i'm innocent as a human!

#69    Nadia B.

Nadia B.

Streaky Freak

• 3,407 posts

• Demented Momilie of the Day: There is not a tampon in this world that will give you the joy and freedom portrayed in a Tampax commercial.

Posted 16 July 2005 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE(tendo @ Jun 11 2004, 12:39 AM)
one of my obsessions...which im quite ashamed of is...*deep breath in* watching documentaries...(i see one of u can empathize tongue.gif) this is getting worse...b4, i was only a casual watcher, i just watched the nature ones, then, i started to become more serious, and actually watch to learn, and the nature ones werent always on so id go to discovery health and watch the ones about physiology, then, i started to abuse it, (ex. telling others of what i learned on the programs, and sometimes being surprised that others did not know this) and now, i am a full blown addict...i know this, because i just downloaded part of a NOVA docu. on string theory off of their website...among my friends i am somewhat known as a 'freakin genius' and these docu's are the true secret behind it all...  and after watching all of these shows, and reading a brief history of time (cant wait til i get universe in a nutshell [im a total nerd...)) this is a face i see from ppl i talk to, quite often... :s9

View Post

rofl.gif  rofl.gif  rofl.gif Goodness, I've got the SAME problem.  My husband got me started, but he says I've taken it to a whole other level.  My poor family have to go watch another Tv or play Xbox.   laugh.gif

Rock on, Nova!  History Channel, too.

Posted Image
Skepticism is good, but when you reach a certain level where
you're grasping at straws and making little sense... it's not
called skepticism.  It's called ignorance.
CRYPTO ENTHUSIAST GUYS ROCK!

#70    Purplos

Purplos

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,552 posts

• Everything important is infinite.

Posted 17 July 2005 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE(SCARLET1 @ May 29 2005, 05:29 PM)

Oh, I make jewelry with my Indian bead-loom. I have to get more beads, tho, cuz my kids dumped them all over the floor and I had to vacuum them all up. I think there's some still in my carpet...

~Scarlet~

View Post

I used to do that.  Lost a lot of beads in the rug compliments of the kids.  In fact, they still sometimes find one and bring it to me saying "Here Mommy.  You can bead loom again."

Embrace the impossible.

#71    ajagsfairy

ajagsfairy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 08:13 AM

I die my hair alot so that could be considered a hobbie. I collect Flapper memrabilia from the 1920's. I also make jewlery, paint, belly dance, Download music obsessivly, and day dream.

#72    Firien

Firien

Psychic Spy

• 1,021 posts

• To know, to dare, to will, to keep silent....

Posted 30 July 2005 - 02:46 PM

Ajagsfairy, I daydream alllll the time.  Its really annoying. I start getting images in my head and i can see whatever it is I am daydreamng about play out. Sometimes its fun heh. LOL!

Posted Image

#73    Pinowawa1

Pinowawa1

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts

• Shakka Lakka Bebe.. Shakka Lakka Bebe .. You van Tu Shakka Lakka Wiv Mee?

Posted 30 July 2005 - 05:11 PM

I would not say this is wierd, but.. I like buying exotic plants such as Yucca's and palms, and then try to adapt them to the climate we have here. It is nothing to do with genetic engineering, but simply a case of encouraging the plants genes to make it tolerate cold weather. It is a very long process.

Basically, I put the plant out for the whole summer, however, I take the plant in on odd cold days. For Autumn, I put the plants out only for the day, and take them in at night! I never leave them out at night in Autumn and Winter during their First year in this process. In the winter, I put them out for the day (after the morning frost), and take them in before night comes.

The next year in this process, I leave the plants out full day and night, starting from the last month of spring. Towards the end of Autumn, I start taking them in before night.

The third year, however, I live them out for the rest of the year in a sheltered part of the garden where there is little wind.

This has failed a few times, but I find that when the exotic plants begin to die, and after taking them back in and putting them back out - they seem to be much more tolerant to cold weather.I have even noticed this with Cheese Plants.

Lol, I have been doing this since I was like 9-10. Back then I was considered to be a wierdo by my freinds sad.gif lol

"I think, therefore I am" - Rene Descartes

#74    ancient arts

ancient arts

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:35 AM

well its not really strange but i make music (hip hop)

#75    Byuu94

Byuu94

Psychic Spy

• 1,441 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 01:53 AM

I draw cars, compulsively. I try to draw other things, but it always turns into a car.  crying.gif  I'm working on my second model car (1970 Baldwin Motion Camaro), because I painted my first one badly five times, and then gave up on it.

Posted Image

"I think that people should make up their own minds for me." - Eric Idle

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users