Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Sleep Paralysis stories

• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

#166    MelanieKayDeeDid

MelanieKayDeeDid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 51 posts

• When the rapture comes, can I have your stuff?

Posted 28 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

I've only experienced SP one time. I had an encounter with the old hag herself. The hallucination wasn't visual, just auditory.  I heard what you could consider the stereotypical witch cackle from the foot of my bed. I couldn't move, but I wasn't scared, as I had read about sleep paralysis previously and knew what was happening. After hearing the creepy witch cackle I just layed there until I felt like I could move again. It was pretty interesting.

"Rock and roll is fun but if you ever hear someone
Say you are huge, look at the moon, look at the stars, look at the sun
Look at the ocean and the desert and the mountains and the sky
Say I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye
I am just a speck of dust inside a giant's eye."
- Kimya Dawson

#167    Gummug

Gummug

Poltergeist

• 2,426 posts

• "There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy" -- Shakespeare

Posted 04 August 2013 - 05:32 AM

I thought these short videos from youtube would be helpful to those who struggle with SP:

and this one:

The more I learn, the more I realize how little I know....

#168    Irradicat

Irradicat

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:18 AM

I have frequent periods of insomnia and extremely dramatic and realistic dreams where sometimes I even feel a slight sting of pain if something happens to me (which was really freaky).  I dont think I've ever had a lucid dream, though, because my dreams are really absorbing and I don't ever realize I'm actually asleep.

I think my first SP experience might have occured when I was around 7 or 8.  I used to think that my old house was haunted but now I'm not so sure.  I remember waking up in the middle of the night, and finding out that I couldn't move.  I didn't have time to worry about that because I remember that the hallway light suddenly turned on and distracted me.  I used to leave my door open when I slept and I saw in the doorway a tall, thin man wearing a brimmed hat (I think I remember reading some other person mentioned seeing something similar way back and he refered to to the figure as the 'Fedora Man' which is eerie because I was just talking about this experience to a friend and I called it the same thing).
My heart was pounding and I was really scared of the man, but I couldn't run away - not that there was any place I could run to, so I just closed my eyes and pretended I was asleep and that I hadn't seen him.  I think a minute passed, and I was almost considering opening my eyes again when I felt something brush up against my knee, then my arm, then my shoulder.  I  remember my heart going a million miles per second at that point, but I kept my eyes closed and when nothing happened I opened my eyes and no one was there.
I think I fell asleep again after that.  My memory of that event is kind of hazy and I'm never sure if it really happened or if I'm just crazy.

My second experience is a lot more different.  It happened this year, when I was suffering through another episode of insomnia and had just broken up with someone along with a ton of other personal problems that just piled onto one another.  When I woke up, it was probably around 10 in the morning, or maybe 11, and all my roommates were out for their morning classes.  I wanted to sit up, but found that I couldn't move at all.  I wasn't that scared at that moment, probably because the room was extremely bright and well lit.
I struggled for a long time to get up but no matter what I couldn't move.  I couldn't speak either.  Then I realized I was probably experiencing SP, but I still felt like there was someone in the room with me.  However, instead of feeling afraid I remember I just got really p***ed off.  I screamed in my head: ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME WITH THIS S*** RIGHT NOW I DO NOT NEED THIS!!  And then I kept yelling GET UP GET UP GET UP!!! in my brain and I closed my eyes and all of the sudden I woke up.  Or sat up, either one.  I was covered in sweat but I still wasn't scared - mostly just angry.

This is sort of on an unrelated note but does anyone know anything about extremely vivid dreams?  Or more about dreams in general.  I can even taste things in them sometimes, like sweetness and saltiness and it's really starting to freak me out.  I only ever experienced pain once though, when in a dream I fell into the ocean and the salty water stung my eyes.

#169    zjohnson88

zjohnson88

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 07:53 AM

Yeah sleep paralysis is the scariest thing ever!!! I havent had them in about a year or so up until the other night which brought me to research into it a little bit. I truly believe that it is a demonic presence there to scare you.  They feed off negative energy and everytime it has happened to me i have always been in a stressful period of my life.  The scariest one ive experienced by far was 2 years ago.  I go to bed almost knowing these experiences are going to happen because i feel a very eerie unsettled feeling. I go around the house and make sure to shut and lock every window and door which i routinely do every single night before bed due to my house being broken into once before a few years back.  I go back to my room shut the door and turn the tv on and try to fall asleep.  I always sleep with the TV on every single night. It took me a while to fall asleep due to the feelings i was already having.  Well anyways i woke up to the same thing as everyone seems to experience I could not breathe, move or speak whatsoever. I also had that loud buzzing white noise type sound that i could hear.  My eyes were so transfixed on my bedroom door because it was open!!! A very tall dark shadow of a man walked into the doorway. I was just sitting there waiting for him to walk closer and terrorize me by my bed which he has before when he ripped my covers off of me, but he didnt he left and i woke up to what was the slamming of the door.  So i woke up from this state and thought to myself ok that wasnt as bad as it has been before feeling kind of relieved, but i still felt so weird.  OKAY THIS IS WHERE IT GETS GOOD.....I get up to go out to the living room because i knew i wasnt going to be able to sleep, and all of these attacks seem to be in my room, so i was just gonna go out there and turn all the lights on and try to sleep.. I walk out of my room turn the lights on and EVERY SINGLE DOOR AND WINDOW are open in the house and like i said before i lock every door and every window before bed every single night.  It was so damn eerie you could see the curtains blowing in the wind it was just insane like something you would see in a horror movie.  I know some people say it just happens while their dreaming and you just wake up in dream world for a few split seconds but this **** was no dream world. My windows were literally open and i know it wasnt a dream because i shut them the next day when i went back home. After i walked out of my room and saw this i got the hell out of there and into my car and drove around the neighborhood and called all of my friends hoping someone was up so i could go stay at their place. I wwent back in the afternoon that day trying to remain calm and hoping that the windows were shut because i wanted to believe it was just all a dream up until i left the house, but no everything was still open besides the front door which i left out of that night.  The spiritual world does exist and it is around us every second of the day wether you can see them or not, and they feed of negative energy. The more scared you are the more power it gives them i feel like.  Have you ever noticed when things go bad it just feels like everything starts to go bad and you cant catch a break, or when one good thing happens you feel like your on top of the world and everything starts to fall in place. I truly believe it to goes back to the angel and the devil sitting on your shoulder.  ****s crazy!!! This is no hoax either i woukdnt even waste my time typing this.  All im saying is don't read too much into it like i did because if you really start to get scared and worried some **** could happen like it did to me. Obviously i was dealing with something more than sleep paralysis but i think how frightened i was from all my other experiences gave whatever this was the power to do all that other **** with the windows and doors.

#170    Dreamartist

Dreamartist

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

Hello, this is my first time on the site I just had to make an account to share my story. I'm a 17 year old guy and I have sleep paralysis at least once every couple months. It's not long or even that terrible especially cause I know what it is now, but it is uncomfortable. I was inspired to share my story cause I just experienced it last night. I was toke a nap in the guest bed room on top of the made bed with my dog. I remember waking up and barely being able to open my eyes. I can't move anything and it almost feels like I'm inside my body trying to move but all I'm capable of doing to pushing against some hard force much like pushing against a wall. I can feel myself pushing when I try to move, but I get nowhere. It is very strange. And through my squinted eyes I usually see darkness and abnormal things. It's frustrating, and sometime I go straight into a dream where I wake up and I walk around but then realize that I'm still trapped with my eyes half open. I tusually happens for about 3 minutes then I when I stop fighting it, I wake up naturally.

#171    mamaschild

mamaschild

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 02:28 AM

I have had sleep paralysis since I was 14 and I am now 54. It does not occur every nite, and only three times has it occurred three times in one nite. I do not sleep on my back but love to sleep on my stomach or side and it still occurs. The feeling i get is someone always pushing, sitting or lying on my back. One time someone held my feet. Many times i have had "out of body experiences" and seen myself thrashing in bed, screaming "No" but when the paraylsis wears off, the bed clothes are straight and I am in the same position I started in. I have always felt something or someone at my back and have tried "feeling" or "pushing" it away but of course am paralyzed. I have "felt" someone else in the room, and even heard "footsteps" and I was awake, not paralyzed, but way too afraid to roll over and look. I have woken up and the room is pitch black, which is not true since I have two night lights in my room. After blinking a few times the room came back to normal. I have read so many articles online saying "it should stop/end when a person reaches the age of 50." Well, I am living proof that it still happens after 50. I have kept a journal seeing if there was a pattern and it it always different each time. One time I did not have an episode for 8 years, then it came back. I changed my lifestyle, slept with people and it still happens. I have taken Paxil and still happens. Some nights  I am too scared to go back to sleep that I stay up the rest of the night no matter what time it happens. I have even tried putting Christmas lights up along with my night lite and still happens. The room becomes pitch black again. So many people have told me I have an evil spirit following me. I have moved so many times (not because of the sleep parylsis) and no matter what it still happens. It even happened in a semi with my husband...ex now. I have learned to accept it and if it happens it does. I do not have narcolepsy for i am not tired during the day. I don't and can't sleep on my back. Like i said it happens on my side or my stomach too. It may seem like minutes but really only seconds but it still is damn scary.  

#172    ambienisnice

ambienisnice

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:53 AM

i used to get sleep paralysis a lot as a kid,being half awake, paralyzed, and the feeling as if the devil is in the room. sleep paralysis came up in conversation with my friends and it got me thinking. that night sleep i had sleep paralysis. I remember waking up a little bit bc it was the morning but i was still pretty much sleeping, i was thinking of a bunch of different dreamy things and i said sleep paralysis in my head and as soon as i thought it,
     Instant turmoil, i felt like i was in the cockpit of a 1 manned jet spinning out of control crashing down to earth, i heard an intense modern beeping noise echoing in my head that sounded like a distress or alerting noise, and all i could see was a black curtain of death engulfing me. even though all i saw a silk curtain very nightmarish, i could sense the cockpit and my plane, if i had to guess it was an f22 raptor, ive always wanted to fly one of those, and now im crashing in it. I was thinking multiple different things during this never ending time period. 1. i knew i was in sleep paralysis but it feels like the devil is in control of my subconcious 2.i have to snap out of this, this ****in sucks 3.even tho it felt like i was crashing, i could still sense the presence of this supernatural, powerful, god-like being 4.i was in shock of how powerful the human mind is to create the feeling of letting god, the devil, an alien, worst fear take control of your mind. while thinking all of this everything is shaking and spinning. i was using all my power to say yell out, open my eyes, and snap out of it. and finally i broke this un-natural phenomena and i screamed get out, and i woke up. i sat up with my feet on the ground looking around my room. i could sense a supernatural presence just like when i was younger, but i knew there was nothing so i ignored it. i was thinking, OH MY GOD! HOLY MOTHER OF JESUS! what the **** did that mean. that was not like the old ones, getting chased by a black hooded being. I never felt like i was crashing down to earth in what seemed like a fighter jet. i guess my imagination grew since then. it was on my mind the entire next day. i started thinking of possibilities like somewhere a pilot was shot down and i experienced it with him, the moment where the plane got hit until me saying get out. i have no clue but my mind put on quite a show that night

#173    Creepy

Creepy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

I remember when I was sleeping over at someone's place a while ago and I woke up couldn't move and could feel a pressure on my neck, also like a draining feeling (Vampire :o) it scared me so much the next night I didn't sleep, creepier thing the next day was my birthday and I got a book about vampires, that gave me the chills. another experience  I was in my own bed this time and I couldn't move and I could feel myself shifting up the bed without actually moving my body, though now I have accepted this and I am no longer frightened when I am paralysed.

#174    Antgiov

Antgiov

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:16 AM

This is no joke and it's REAL. I Have had these experiences many times only a couple that really truly scary. The worst one was when I was having a dream about my mother who passed away I suddenly awoken from the dream and my whole body was frozen i was trying to wake myself up out of the paralyzation I was able to crack my eyes and there was a short demon sitting beside me on my bed. It looked at me then jumped in my face as if it was trying to scare me, I jumped up so fast and so scared. It was the scariest thing that ever happened to me I just want people to know that it's real and you should pray every night and ask god to protect you and it will not happen to u

#175    scowl

scowl

Government Agent

• Closed
  • 4,111 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:57 PM

God should have no problem protecting you since sleep paralysis is harmless. Yeah, it's scary but not so scary once you understand it.

#176    Yarksie

Yarksie

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

I've had sleep paralysis all my life, it happened quite frequently when I was younger, now that I am older it still happens just less frequently. They almost always feature the same shadowy figure, sometimes quite tall, other times extremely small, like toddler sized but the figure is always just a whispy shadow person, most often I always am in a smaller, claustrophobic and closed off version of whatever room I am in.

#177    SPvicitim

SPvicitim

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

Made this account on this site just for this.  (except i spelled victim wrong)

Well.... i just woke up from the scariest SP i've ever had.  I've been getting SPs for a while now.  Lost count by now.  It happened to me at least once every 1-2 months since i was 14 or 15 (now i'm 21) but ever since i moved i haven't had it til now.  Every time i don't see whats holding me down.  They always seem to be shadows or spirits.  What i see are shadows though (very vague).  And my surroundings always seem to be shadowy and vague.  And every time i feel that i must fight against it and i do (as in struggle to move).

This specific SP i had was really something else.  So first i notice i'm in SP mode and that's when the shadows creeps up.  They usually dont seem to 'attack' me but man did they.  I felt 'them' pulling my feet and trying to drag me off the bed.  The funny thing is that i could move my right arm and grab the armrest of my best (i have a futon bed with armrests).  I feel as if i'm holding on for my life.  As i'm struggling to 'live' i wake up.  But i wake up in another dream and i don't know it.  I feel as if i'm safe then 'they' attack again.  My legs are being lifted up and i see the shadows rapped around my feet/ankles.  I struggle to move my legs down and after a bit i manage to get them down.  I think this is when i wake up again but only to wake up in another dream (feeling safe for only seconds again).  The whole time i'm holding on to my armrest cause i literally feel them pulling me.  When i get my legs pressed to my bed again i start yelling for my mom (this never works...).  Then i see her come and i'm calling for her and she's ignoring me.  So now i find out that's not really my mom these 'shadows' are #%$ing with me.  Now the shadow creeps up and pushes my chest hard and starts squeezing my shoulders hard.  I keep fighting never giving up cause i feel that if i give up i will die.  I start losing hope and then i wake up and i'm fine.  I feel sore on my right shoulder though as if it really had been squeezed hard.  But man i don't remember exactly how many times i woke up to find out i woke up in another dream that brings me right back to SP...  Well i guess that's it but i bet i'll have more of these.  I always wonder what would happen if i just gave in but that's never going to happen.  Has anyone ever gave in?  Let themselves be taken?

#178    SPvicitim

SPvicitim

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

View PostYarksie, on 04 September 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

I've had sleep paralysis all my life, it happened quite frequently when I was younger, now that I am older it still happens just less frequently. They almost always feature the same shadowy figure, sometimes quite tall, other times extremely small, like toddler sized but the figure is always just a whispy shadow person, most often I always am in a smaller, claustrophobic and closed off version of whatever room I am in.

I think that's how 'they' look to me except they don't look shaped like a person.

#179    SPvicitim

SPvicitim

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

View PostSPvicitim, on 23 September 2013 - 03:20 PM, said:

Made this account on this site just for this.  (except i spelled victim wrong)

Well.... i just woke up from the scariest SP i've ever had.  I've been getting SPs for a while now.  Lost count by now.  It happened to me at least once every 1-2 months since i was 14 or 15 (now i'm 21) but ever since i moved i haven't had it til now.  Every time i don't see whats holding me down.  They always seem to be shadows or spirits.  What i see are shadows though (very vague).  And my surroundings always seem to be shadowy and vague.  And every time i feel that i must fight against it and i do (as in struggle to move).

This specific SP i had was really something else.  So first i notice i'm in SP mode and that's when the shadows creeps up.  They usually dont seem to 'attack' me but man did they.  I felt 'them' pulling my feet and trying to drag me off the bed.  The funny thing is that i could move my right arm and grab the armrest of my best (i have a futon bed with armrests).  I feel as if i'm holding on for my life.  As i'm struggling to 'live' i wake up.  But i wake up in another dream and i don't know it.  I feel as if i'm safe then 'they' attack again.  My legs are being lifted up and i see the shadows rapped around my feet/ankles.  I struggle to move my legs down and after a bit i manage to get them down.  I think this is when i wake up again but only to wake up in another dream (feeling safe for only seconds again).  The whole time i'm holding on to my armrest cause i literally feel them pulling me.  When i get my legs pressed to my bed again i start yelling for my mom (this never works...).  Then i see her come and i'm calling for her and she's ignoring me.  So now i find out that's not really my mom these 'shadows' are #%$ing with me.  Now the shadow creeps up and pushes my chest hard and starts squeezing my shoulders hard.  I keep fighting never giving up cause i feel that if i give up i will die.  I start losing hope and then i wake up and i'm fine.  I feel sore on my right shoulder though as if it really had been squeezed hard.  But man i don't remember exactly how many times i woke up to find out i woke up in another dream that brings me right back to SP...  Well i guess that's it but i bet i'll have more of these.  I always wonder what would happen if i just gave in but that's never going to happen.  Has anyone ever gave in?  Let themselves be taken?

And every time i call out for help or talk it comes out in murmurs.

#180    Donnie Darko

Donnie Darko

Who's to say what is proper?

• 3,016 posts

• "Is this your last best chance? Or are you going to your grave with unlived lives in your veins?"

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

I'm not sure if I posted mine in here, apologies if I did. Mine is kind of embarassing because I know it sounds like a load of BS, but it is true. I've had a couple of experiences where I'm paralyzed and I feel I'm getting dragged out of my body - very weird because, how can one be dragged out of their body? I suppose it was my spirit/ soul? And out of sheer terror I cried out to Jesus, "Jesus help me!" And they let me go. Those were a couple in one house.

In the current house I live in, I've had horrible experiences where I'm sleeping on my side or face down on the bed and suddenly become paralyzed and I can't seem to shake whatever is on me off. The horrible and embarrassing part about it is, that it was sexually attacking me. As a result I began sleeping with the lights on, but even then I was afraid to fall asleep. I wasn't getting any actual rest because I kept getting harrassed by this entity. It tended to happen as I slept face down, part of the reason I did was because I was afraid to see it on top of me. I was scared I would die of pure fright. One morning I woke up extra early and looked around the room, feeling a prescence, but too tired to pay it much mind. I drifted facing up on the bed. Moments later I awoke paralyzed with a hand gripping my neck and face/cheek pushing me down. I started praying and slowly was able to turn my head to whatever was on me. What I saw next, shocked and horrified me. Something I can best describe to be a demonic being was holding me down with its leg wrapped around mine. As I saw looked at it, it growled and gnashed its teeth at me, which by the way, his teeth were sharp like knives - and instinctively I elbowed it on the head and it dissapeared. I never would've guessed it was a demon, because I always assumed it was a ghost of some kind. Since then I do pray a lot more now, though sometimes I forget or am too lazy. A few days ago I felt something pulling my sheets from under my feet as I drifted in bed. I quickly prayed and hoped it wouldn't comeback. Science tries to tell us it's a trick of the mind, but I have to disagree. My experiences have been very real and I hope to never have them again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users