Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Where In The Universe Challenge

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 06:26 PM

it's been a while since this was last done, but i think it's time to bring it back :tu:

Here's this week's image for the Where In The Universe Challenge, to test your visual knowledge of the cosmos. You know what to do: take a look at this image and see if you can determine where in the universe this image is from; give yourself extra points if you can name the instrument responsible for the image. We’ll provide the image today, but won’t reveal the answer until tomorrow.
Posted Image
http://www.universet...he-universe-87/

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#2    thefinalfrontier

thefinalfrontier

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,586 posts

• When a chicken hawk is around a wise rooster will not bury its head~ ~ ~ ~ Barney Fife~ ~ ~

Posted 15 January 2010 - 07:35 AM

ummets see if Ican idetify  this, looks likred rebellnonnoa

Edited by thefinalfrontier, 15 January 2010 - 07:37 AM.

#3    Admiral Danger

Admiral Danger

Thats what she said

• 5,176 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

the answer has been posted:
This is a composite image from Chandra, Hubble, VLA and MERLIN that shows the jet from a black hole at the center of a galaxy striking the edge of another galaxy, which in 2007, was the first time such an interaction has been found.

thats a very interesting story about the shark and how it tried to eat you, but it still doesnt answer my question.  where the hell is my sandwitch!?

#4    stevewinn

stevewinn

Government Agent

• 8,345 posts

• Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:02 PM

View PostDr Alien, on 16 January 2010 - 03:47 PM, said:

the answer has been posted:
This is a composite image from Chandra, Hubble, VLA and MERLIN that shows the jet from a black hole at the center of a galaxy striking the edge of another galaxy, which in 2007, was the first time such an interaction has been found.

Doc, i started playing along when the first version of 'where in the universe' was going, for the first two weeks i got one answer right and the second week's half right, i thought i was on a roll and i was until week 3,4,5,6, etc....when i didn't have a clue what the images where. so i bowed out gracefully. i don't follow space exploration close enough to recognise these images at first glance. but i hope you continue to post the challenges, its still interesting seeing the images and reading the replies of those taking part.

Posted Image

British by Birth - English by the Grace of God

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users