Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Demon Language

• Please log in to reply
80 replies to this topic

#1    Lauren Werran

Lauren Werran

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 02:02 AM

What languages do demons speak?  I was investigating a case in Mexico recently, and the Demon was speaking German.  Or the girl was speaking German through the Demon.  I don't know which.  Then there was another case in Canada among a member of the Ojibwa tribe where the person possessed spoke neither English nor French nor an aboriginal tongue but rather an odd dialect of Swahili.  Can anyone confirm through their own experiences why Demons speak the languages they do?

Is you demon?

#2    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

• "Do you have any evidence for that?"

"there's more to life than evidence. "

......"Get in the ****ing sack"

Dara O'Brien

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:30 AM

View PostLauren Werran, on 02 February 2010 - 02:02 AM, said:

What languages do demons speak?  I was investigating a case in Mexico recently, and the Demon was speaking German.  Or the girl was speaking German through the Demon.  I don't know which.  Then there was another case in Canada among a member of the Ojibwa tribe where the person possessed spoke neither English nor French nor an aboriginal tongue but rather an odd dialect of Swahili.  Can anyone confirm through their own experiences why Demons speak the languages they do?

going for the obvious question

was it confirmed to be german/swahili by a fluent speaker or was it just assumed it was because someone said it sounded similar or contained a word or 2 some1 knew in that language

if not it could have just been nonsense which could be explained by various medical diagnoses such as various types of aphasia (like fluent aphasia or global aphasia) or logorrhea or maybe an extreme case of dysnomia.

if it was confirmed did them spend any time in countries or with people who speak the respective languages because susac's syndrome would fit if they did.

btw out of interest what language did the angle of death speak

I Don't Know Does Not Mean You're Right

#3    CausticGnostic

CausticGnostic

Featherless Biped

• 2,125 posts

• "What is divinity if it can come
    Only in silent shadows and in dreams?"
    --Wallace Stevens

Posted 02 February 2010 - 10:51 AM

If there were such things as demons (a point which I am not willing to stipulate), I imagine they could speak any language they wanted. I don't see what advantage they'd get from speaking the wrong ones when walking to and fro about their business. I'd expect any "demon" that was serious about its business to be on the ball enough to know which language was spoken in the location of the body it's shaingaied.  Maybe the "demons" you mentioned were lost in more ways than merely theologically.

Edited by CausticGnostic, 02 February 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#4    Hamlyn

Hamlyn

Not Dead Yet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,164 posts

• Why you eyeing my lemon drink?

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:05 PM

Can you tell us the source where you learned about these cases?

Science exists to investigate the unexplained, not to explain away the uninvestigated.

Ouija transcripts, Tarot sessions, psychic readings, and other messing around. Read it all here.

#5    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 03 February 2010 - 03:46 PM

id also like more info on the subject, especially the people who apparently were fluent in these languages and said those people are speaking them.

i think its funny though how a "demon" would speak German and swahili, and not.....Demon.

Edited by Agent. Mulder, 03 February 2010 - 03:47 PM.

the truth is out there....

#6    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 05:17 PM

It's there some kind of illness that is known to cause people to speak in another language?

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#7    Hamlyn

Hamlyn

Not Dead Yet

• 1,164 posts

Posted 03 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

View PostCorp, on 03 February 2010 - 05:17 PM, said:

It's there some kind of illness that is known to cause people to speak in another language?

No sir, there certainly is not!

Science exists to investigate the unexplained, not to explain away the uninvestigated.

Ouija transcripts, Tarot sessions, psychic readings, and other messing around. Read it all here.

#8    diablo_04

diablo_04

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own

Posted 03 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

lol illness that cause people to speak in another language. That will be so cool imagine you are going to China and take a injections on some virus and you are reedy to talk purely in Chinese loool

B) E.K.

Posted Image

I reject your reality and substitute my own

My site :D Workout tips

#9    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Dara O'Brien

Posted 04 February 2010 - 09:43 AM

are are illness's that can cause a person to speak another language but they have to know that language prior to the illness taking hold

take susac's syndrome, this causes people to think a memory is in the present, if it happens to some-one who has live abroad they may start speaking the language of that country (as they believe they are still there)  

According to Michael Hahn, a US Expert on the subject, thinking you live in a foreign country happens in a "fair percentage" of cases.

#10    Supernatural Hunter

Supernatural Hunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

• What Is Worse Then My Life Being Hell.....Well There's Hell

Posted 04 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

65% of the time demon's speak in latin but the other 35% could be anything

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica

#11    Cynical Sounds

Cynical Sounds

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Dara O'Brien

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:13 AM

View PostSupernatural Hunter, on 04 February 2010 - 10:33 AM, said:

65% of the time demon's speak in latin but the other 35% could be anything

want to show your source or how you collected this information?

#12    Supernatural Hunter

Supernatural Hunter

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 283 posts

• What Is Worse Then My Life Being Hell.....Well There's Hell

Posted 04 February 2010 - 11:23 AM

View PostSpend, on 04 February 2010 - 11:13 AM, said:

want to show your source or how you collected this information?

I would show a source but its out of a book which has been in my family for generations, 5 i think

Exorcizamus te, omnis immundus spiritus, omnis satanica potestas, omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio, omnis congregatio et secta diabolica

#13    Papa Whiskey

Papa Whiskey

HooDoo Man

• 3,286 posts

• Man is the unnatural animal, the rebel child of nature. - H.G. Wells

Posted 04 February 2010 - 02:37 PM

View PostSupernatural Hunter, on 04 February 2010 - 11:23 AM, said:

I would show a source but its out of a book which has been in my family for generations, 5 i think

So it's a two-hundred year old book?

And finally, anyone who uses the terms "irregardless", " a whole 'nother" or "all of the sudden", shall be sent to a work camp!

#14    Hamlyn

Hamlyn

Not Dead Yet

• 1,164 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 03:35 PM

View PostSupernatural Hunter, on 04 February 2010 - 11:23 AM, said:

What

is

the

title?

It is just as easy to type the title and author as it is to tell us it's a book that's been in your family for 5 generations!

#15    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,961 posts

Posted 04 February 2010 - 07:44 PM

View PostSpend, on 04 February 2010 - 09:43 AM, said:

are are illness's that can cause a person to speak another language but they have to know that language prior to the illness taking hold

take susac's syndrome, this causes people to think a memory is in the present, if it happens to some-one who has live abroad they may start speaking the language of that country (as they believe they are still there)

Ah ok. I just remember a case when someone started speaking like they were Irish but according to friends and family they had never been to Ireland. Figured it could be something like that.

Ah here we go:
http://en.wikipedia....accent_syndrome

And this:
http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Xenoglossy

Edited by Corp, 04 February 2010 - 07:46 PM.

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users