Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Vampire Culture

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1    odinsgrl

odinsgrl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• And you're what? Shocked and disapointed? I'm evil.

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:17 PM

I'm all for any kind of non-conformity. I'm even for any kind of conformity. Heck, whatever makes you life more fulfilling.

But I have been reading about, the Vampire sub-culture, recently, and I've been wondering about the validity of it. I'm not talking about the Goth's, as they call themselves. I'm talking about the people who consiter themselves vampires, and feel the need to dress in victorian era clothes, and actually drink the blood of others, (from volunteer hosts, of course).

I'm not dissing these people in any way, or saying that they're wrong for doing this. I just have to wonder, is it a fad? I would say that its just a teenage thing, but grown men and women, live and participate in this lifestyle. Do they actually believe they are immortal? Do they believe that they will burst into flames, should they walk into the sun?

Is there anyone out there connected, or into this lifesyle? Its very interesting to me. I know that those who participate in this lifestyle, are pretty tight-lipped, and there has only been a few authors and other media allowed into the "inner circle".

Posted Image

"What are they?"
"Blue demons, eat Christians alive. You're not a Christian are you?!"
Bors-King Arthur

#2    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 16 June 2004 - 04:21 PM

There's a couple of forums and message boards out there for people who believe they are "Real" Vampires. A Google or Yahoo search can find them. You should read some posts from them. They make everyone on this board seem completely sane and buttoned up. tongue.gif
It's an interesting study of the power of self delusion if nothing else. Anne Rice pretty much kicked the whole craze off if you ask me..

#3    Shakezulah

Shakezulah

The mic rulah, the old schoolah

• 6,555 posts

• I hope you can see this because I'm doing it as hard as I can.

Posted 16 June 2004 - 08:33 PM

i think that these kind of people want to believe that they are different because they dislike everything else in the world. so they may or may not believe they are immortal or whatever,  but they just try to be different from the rest of the world and they want to make other people think the same way as they do. they are just a little too weird and crazy for me because i think its kinda stupid if you really think you are a real vampire and immortal and to think that you must feed off of human blood to survive. its probably a little more than a fad. but i could be wrong.

Edited by hereticdude666, 16 June 2004 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image

Resident Evil isn't just a game....its a religion!

"It's one thing to express your views, but it's another thing for those views to be different than mine." - Stephen Colbert

#4    KayEl

KayEl

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 11:50 PM

Oh  puhleaze! These "vampires" are a bunch of misfits who wanted to be special and they are saying: Look at MEEE!!!

I remember watching a TLC programs on vampires and they interview some of these "real" vampires. This one vampire lady was pontificating about drinking blood:

"Well, it is like..you know...when you drink somebody's blood...uh...you know....you get this connection...you know, this primal connection with the other person...ugh..when you drink their blood. The act itself...you know....is very...it is very intimate, you know....."

WHATEVER!

disgusted.gif  

#5    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:11 AM

I think they are just people who want to be something other than themselves.
A vampire is a good choice of identities, immortality, super strength, flying....all the good stuff.original.gif

You can't really go around claiming to be a vampire without drinking some blood, you'd loose all credibility. So I would say that it is a passion or maybe obsession of sorts where the only way they can really get closer to their chosen identity is by totally submerging themselves in the lore that surronds this being.

They got nothing on this vampire!

Attached Images

• draculaclee.jpg

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#6    odinsgrl

odinsgrl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• And you're what? Shocked and disapointed? I'm evil.

Posted 17 June 2004 - 05:45 AM

Is that a gang sign he's flashing there, Chauncy?

J.K.- He's my favorite too! tongue.gif  

Posted Image

"What are they?"
"Blue demons, eat Christians alive. You're not a Christian are you?!"
Bors-King Arthur

#7    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:51 AM

Vamprism is some kind of deal where people drink each others blood to connect each others soul to become one, but i think it's a little farfetched if vampires were real (not saying they are not) i dont think they would publisiseing(sp?) them selves. i have to admit i drink blood (a few times it wasn't mine), but only 'cause i like the taste...i dont go around calling myself a vampire or anything.

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#8    death

death

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location:in a wheelbarrow,On a tiny island in the middle of the pacific ocean

• REMEMBER THE DEAD

DON'T FORGET THE LIVING

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:42 PM

you drink blood that isn't yours??

DEATH IS A FROZEN WORLD WHERE LIFE DOES NOT AWAKE,
DEATH IS A CLOCK THAT COUNTS THE HOURS UNTIL YOUR DAY ARRIVES,
DEATH IS FREEDOM THAT TAKES THE HEAVY BURDEN OF LIFE AWAY FROM YOU,
DEATH IS A LIFELESS CEREMONY BLANKETED IN BLACK AND WHITE,
DEATH IS AN ICE-WHITE FLAME THAT PAINFULLY FREEZES THE HEART,
DEATH IS A SHADOW THAT WHISPERS DREADED WORDS,
DEATH IS THE OVERPOWERING FORCE THAT CAN'T BE MISLED,
DEATH IS THE BEGGINNING OF A TRECHEROUS JOURNEY,
DEATH IS THE END...

written by me........death

#9    Janiel

Janiel

• 11,369 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (death @ Jun 21 2004, 02:42 AM)
you drink blood that isn't yours??

lol yea sometimes theres nothing wrong with it. it's just blood. you have it i have it they have it...of course we always check for STD's and stuff like that...

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#10    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:41 AM

lol yea sometimes theres nothing wrong with it. it's just blood. you have it i have it they have it...of course we always check for STD's and stuff like that...

Where do you get the blood?  

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#11    Janiel

Janiel

• 11,369 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 05:00 AM

most of the time from my friends ya know, but even sometimes you can buy it from a blood bank

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

#12    death

death

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Location:in a wheelbarrow,On a tiny island in the middle of the pacific ocean

• REMEMBER THE DEAD

DON'T FORGET THE LIVING

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:39 AM

so you drink your friends blood???? how cud you do that??? i think you choose to become a vampire!

DEATH IS A FROZEN WORLD WHERE LIFE DOES NOT AWAKE,
DEATH IS A CLOCK THAT COUNTS THE HOURS UNTIL YOUR DAY ARRIVES,
DEATH IS FREEDOM THAT TAKES THE HEAVY BURDEN OF LIFE AWAY FROM YOU,
DEATH IS A LIFELESS CEREMONY BLANKETED IN BLACK AND WHITE,
DEATH IS AN ICE-WHITE FLAME THAT PAINFULLY FREEZES THE HEART,
DEATH IS A SHADOW THAT WHISPERS DREADED WORDS,
DEATH IS THE OVERPOWERING FORCE THAT CAN'T BE MISLED,
DEATH IS THE BEGGINNING OF A TRECHEROUS JOURNEY,
DEATH IS THE END...

written by me........death

#13    ouijaouija

ouijaouija

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:01 AM

Hi, I am a total horror fan and i myself do not understand it either. I watched a documentary about it, and these people were describing that vegetarian blood is sweet tasting whereas meat-eaters was bitter!

And the amount of blood they drink is literally no more than a drops worth which makes them go all euthoric..

But then again the same programme had a real blood drinker, real cup-fulls. He has a blood disorder, and finds drinking a cup a day from the local butcher (pigs/cowsblood!) helps him.

I can see why people want to become vamps. Its all about the romanticism of the vampire legend.

As for blood, blood is an emetic so if someone really wanted to try their luck and drink a lot, it would make them ill!  

#14    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:25 AM

I believe its the same thing being Gothic was.

Like people want to not conform, so they became goths, which eventually became conforming, so now they believe they are vampires because Goths are kinda soft compared to vampires.

Ive noticed a patern amongst certain people who could really stand out, you know they seem more intelligent than most people, and are more interesting no matter how strange they seem, and they dont conform to anything.
I think these "vampires" are people like that who are trying to hard to not conform and doing it in the end.

so yeh, its just a fad

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#15    Janiel

Janiel

• 11,369 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:35 AM

QUOTE (ouijaouija @ Jun 21 2004, 10:01 PM)
Hi, I am a total horror fan and i myself do not understand it either. I watched a documentary about it, and these people were describing that vegetarian blood is sweet tasting whereas meat-eaters was bitter!

And the amount of blood they drink is literally no more than a drops worth which makes them go all euthoric..

But then again the same programme had a real blood drinker, real cup-fulls. He has a blood disorder, and finds drinking a cup a day from the local butcher (pigs/cowsblood!) helps him.

I can see why people want to become vamps. Its all about the romanticism of the vampire legend.

As for blood, blood is an emetic so if someone really wanted to try their luck and drink a lot, it would make them ill!

i dont drink it often at all, amybe once every one or two months, and only cause i like the taste grin2.gif
so you drink your friends blood???? how cud you do that??? i think you choose to become a vampire!

it was their idea the first time...i was drinking my own (in which i do all every time i bleed) when my friend asked me if i wanted some of his, i said sure why not...so he opened a scab and  put it in a shot glass and that was the first time i had someone elses blood...

Edited by janielsenj666, 22 June 2004 - 10:36 AM.

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users