Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Breakthrough pill to help people live to 100

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#16    Pinx

Pinx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• Perhaps an attic shall I seek...

Posted 05 February 2010 - 10:14 PM

View Post_Nyx_, on 05 February 2010 - 03:38 PM, said:

I'll bet all the possible side effects will make you wish you were dead.

:lol: I can already hear the commercial. A calm female voice rattling off the terrifying and graphic side effects as seniors run on the beach, with soothing new age music playing in the background.

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile." --Kurt Vonnegut

#17    A7X Vampyre 6661

A7X Vampyre 6661

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 76 posts

• And when I can, I'm gonna build a castle that touches the clouds, NOT to get closer to God, but to get further from ya'll.

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:07 PM

First of all, I call BS. and second of all I agree with other postees that we dont need to live that long. theres no where to live anyway, we are going to doom ourselves, and overpopulation is the way it's going to happen. the birthrate isn't equal to the deathrate in this world. more people are being born than dying. should be the other wayy around if you ask me.

I wouldn't take that pill if you paid me. Who knows wtf it does to your body. what if it gave you cancer? what if it ****ed with your brain and you became a vegetable afterwards? or maybe you get an ulcer? who knows. i say it's a bad idea and i don't really believe that there is a pill like that because wouldn't we all have heard about it on the news by now? "ASTONISHING BREAK THROUGH IN THE HEALTH SCIENCES! MAGIC PILL!" I still smell BS. =]

We held hands on the last night on earth.  Our mouths filled with dust, we kissed in the fields and under trees, screaming like dogs, bleeding dark into the leaves.  It was empty on the edge of town but we knew everyone floated along the bottom of the river.  So we walked through the waste where the road curved into the sea and the shattered seasons lay, and the bitter smell of burning was on you like a disease.  In our cancer of passion you said,

"Death is a midnight runner."

#18    Nerupe

Nerupe

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 25 posts

• Victory!

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:14 PM

I'm positive that this will go wrong in horrible, horrible ways.

'What an amazing technological age we live in. We can't feed the world, but by God we can blow it up.'

#19    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 11:27 PM

View Postshaka5, on 05 February 2010 - 12:55 PM, said:

why the hell would you wanna live till your 100?...most people's body and brain are beat down waaaaay before that...NO THANK YOU, I'M GOOD!!

My great grandmother danced with her doctor on her 100th birthday (a waltz).  She had childhood memories of hiding her bustle in a haystack when she walked into town because her mother forced her to wear one and she thought it was "old fashioned".  She stowed away on a clipper ship to come to America.  She got to watch men walk on the moon.

I'd love to live to be 100.  Of course this means I'll probably kick the bucket at 70.

#20    The Big Boss

The Big Boss

Apparition

• Validating
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts

• Those that know how to win are much more numerous than those who know how to make proper use of their victories.

Polybius

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:29 AM

Only 100?  Some already go beyond that.  Come on, where's the 200 and 300 years doses?

Posted Image
A HAPPY MOMENT

#21    thirst for knowledge 82

thirst for knowledge 82

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 9 posts

• The ultimate value of life depends upon awareness and the power of contemplation rather than upon mere survival.
    Aristotle

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

I work with the mentally unstable and some elderly.  Some 85 year olds and above are 85% depressed people.  These  people lived through such horrible times and most have outlived children and grandchildren and most of them want to die...they mostly look at their longevity as a curse more than a blessing...i think this pill is inhumane for one of several reasons...and  including the fact that only the rich and powerful will enjoy this, do we really want these people taking over?? seriously....

#22    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 12:54 AM

View Postthirst for knowledge 82, on 06 February 2010 - 12:51 AM, said:

I work with the mentally unstable and some elderly.  Some 85 year olds and above are 85% depressed people.  These  people lived through such horrible times and most have outlived children and grandchildren and most of them want to die...they mostly look at their longevity as a curse more than a blessing...i think this pill is inhumane for one of several reasons...and  including the fact that only the rich and powerful will enjoy this, do we really want these people taking over?? seriously....

Surely it won't be mandatory to take it. The rich and powerful might get easier access to it, but they have easier access to everything else. They'll be 100 years old, but nothing but a dripping blob of botox.

#23    RamboIII

RamboIII

Killer Without Reason

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,124 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

View PostMbyte, on 05 February 2010 - 05:25 PM, said:

I just happened to download this documentary. Horizon: Don't Grow Old

This guy studied a perticular breed of human. They were jews or something like that. There was a woman who looked 60-70 but was in fact 102 years old. These people often smoked two cigerettes a day for their entire lives. This woman seemed very lively and it would appear she could live another 20 years. The scientists took a look at there genes and found perticular genes that they have and he basically put them in a pill. The main conclusion to aging in this documentary was how many genes you have that last longer. Basiclly if you are made up a genes that multiply and deteriorate tyhen you get old faster and if you have lots genes that have natural longevity then you live longer. There was also another experiemnt someone done where they got old people from a place deader then a grave yard and put them into a apartments that were styled like the 40's apartments. This was to create an illusion as if the were back in time and it had an amazing positive effect. The old people started doing stuff again and some through away their walking stick etc. If anyone wants the torrent pm me.

*snip* jews arent a breed of human. Judaism is a religion

Edited by Saru, 17 November 2010 - 07:39 AM.
Removed personal attack

#24    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:09 AM

View PostRamboIII, on 06 February 2010 - 01:05 AM, said:

It wasnt jews idiot, jews arent a breed of human. Judaism is a religion

omygod...I just saw that! :rofl:

#25    ShaunZero

ShaunZero

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,339 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

I want it NAO!

"What if there were no hypothetical questions?" ~ George Carlin
Are you a cynic?

#26    BaneSilvermoon

BaneSilvermoon

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

• "You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into."

Posted 06 February 2010 - 03:56 AM

View PostOpus Magnus, on 05 February 2010 - 05:26 PM, said:

It just doesn't make sense to take pills to give you good genes.

I was thinking the same thing. But then I'm feeling to lazy to read the article and will admit I don't know THAT much about the topic.

But... if we can make pills that altar your genes now... shouldn't we be starting to find cures for MANY things soon?

http://www.youtube.c.../BaneSIlvermoon

"Psychic Fayre cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances"  ~Thanks Oppono Astos!!

#27    Erowin

Erowin

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts

• This is incredibly silly!

Posted 06 February 2010 - 04:16 AM

I bet it would make you a stronger and more alert old person too. Being a shriveled, deaf prune in a wheelchair with a respirator is not worth being 100.

#28    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:00 AM

So if a person is over a hundred and takes one of those pills, will she lives until 150 or will she die immediately 'cose she was already over the limit????  :innocent: :innocent: :innocent: :innocent:

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#29    Pinx

Pinx

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 492 posts

• Perhaps an attic shall I seek...

Posted 06 February 2010 - 07:58 AM

View PostBaneSilvermoon, on 06 February 2010 - 03:56 AM, said:

I was thinking the same thing. But then I'm feeling to lazy to read the article and will admit I don't know THAT much about the topic.

But... if we can make pills that altar your genes now... shouldn't we be starting to find cures for MANY things soon?

No, the pills don't alter your genes. They replicate the effects of the genes of potential centenarians.

Edited by Pinx, 06 February 2010 - 08:00 AM.

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile." --Kurt Vonnegut

#30    War Eagle

War Eagle

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• Reason deceives us - conscience never.

Posted 06 February 2010 - 09:28 AM

View PostA7X Vampyre 6661, on 05 February 2010 - 11:07 PM, said:

what if it gave you cancer? what if it ****ed with your brain and you became a vegetable afterwards?
What if you OD on em?

Keep the receipt(proof of purchase)for your 30 day money back guarantee?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users