Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Hotel has a ghost in the window?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#16    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:47 PM

View PostMac E, on 09 February 2010 - 01:51 PM, said:

It's a cloud reflection people.  Let's keep it simple and logical.

We know it's an optical illsusion....that don't mean it's not a great pic.

#17    Moonie2012

Moonie2012

Alien Abducter

• Banned
  • 4,913 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 07:57 PM

We don't KNOW that it's an illusion caused by a cloud, we're guessing.

If it is an illusion, it's the best most defined one I have ever seen.

Edited by Moonie2012, 09 February 2010 - 07:58 PM.

#18    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:05 PM

I agree Moonie

#19    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:07 PM

ok...me too

#20    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

• Belief proves nothing. Show me the science.

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostMoonie2012, on 09 February 2010 - 07:57 PM, said:

We don't KNOW that it's an illusion caused by a cloud, we're guessing.

If it is an illusion, it's the best most defined one I have ever seen.

It sure looks like a cloud in the wide shot.  When I enlarge that section it looks as though someone has propped a picture up behind the glass.  In any event, I don't think it is a ghost.

#21    Mac E

Mac E

Mass Confuser

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,116 posts

• If you can't convince them, confuse them.

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:33 PM

It almost looks like the zoomed in picture is photoshopped.  I don't remember if the article stated what type of camera was used, but I doubt it was good enough to produce that much detail when zoomed in.  Why isn't it more pixilated?

In the beginning there were only probabilities. The universe could only come into existence if someone observed it. It does not matter that the observers turned up several billion years later. The universe exists because we are aware of it.

Martin Rees (1942) Astrophysicist

#22    RaeChild

RaeChild

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 21 posts

• What what in the butt.~Butters

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:36 PM

View PostLonecat, on 08 February 2010 - 06:31 PM, said:

This did not "freak me out".  It immediately made think that the owner of that building or flat has pasted a paper poster on one of the window-blinds-(shades?).  The other two windows seem to have shades of the same colour but without the poster.
The window shades ar eup in the picture...they are the white things at the top of the windows.....I don't know what this could be though. I have never seen a cloud that makes that shape but I don't know if it would be a ghost either.

Not Dead, Just Grateful.....

~Rae~

#23    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 08:38 PM

Does anyone seriously think that the Department of Conservation would set up a poster of a ghost in a historic building they own? seriously? And yet not one person has seen it before or since. If that is what DOC is doing with my tax dollars i would be annoyed.

Edited by Professor GlenBoy, 09 February 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#24    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

View PostProfessor GlenBoy, on 09 February 2010 - 08:38 PM, said:

Does anyone seriously think that the Department of Conservation would set up a poster of a ghost in a historic building they own? seriously? And yet not one person has seen it before or since. If that is what DOC is doing with my tax dollars i would be annoyed.

Ummm, yes,  The National Park Service let TAPS and Ghost Adventures investigate some of their facilities.  I am disappointed they had to resort to that but they have to do what they have to do.  NPS funding has been brutalized by the crappy economy.

#25    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:26 PM

View Postsinewave, on 09 February 2010 - 10:11 PM, said:

Ummm, yes,  The National Park Service let TAPS and Ghost Adventures investigate some of their facilities.  I am disappointed they had to resort to that but they have to do what they have to do.  NPS funding has been brutalized by the crappy economy.

Well, did the national park service then set up fake pictures of a ghost to try and trick TAPS? NO! Because if they did then they wouldn't be worthy of the government funding they recieve.

Here in NZ DOC is completely funded by the govt. to look after all national parks and historically significant places. And maybe they would let a ghost investigation team into some of their properties, but they would never provide the evidence.

#26    Dakotabre

Dakotabre

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:49 PM

View PostMac E, on 09 February 2010 - 08:33 PM, said:

It almost looks like the zoomed in picture is photoshopped.  I don't remember if the article stated what type of camera was used, but I doubt it was good enough to produce that much detail when zoomed in.  Why isn't it more pixilated?

I agree, I think it's photoshopped. The enlarged image of the 'ghost' is crystal clear, yet the window frames etc appear blurry. Also if you look at the outlines of the window frames, they are all dead straight except for the parts that surround the 'ghost' you can see that they have little chunks or indents taken out of the frames, they are wobbly lines, not straight, where the photoshopper has accidently gone to close to the window frame and smeared over it, creating those indents.

I think fake!

#27    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:52 PM

View PostProfessor GlenBoy, on 09 February 2010 - 10:26 PM, said:

Well, did the national park service then set up fake pictures of a ghost to try and trick TAPS? NO! Because if they did then they wouldn't be worthy of the government funding they recieve.

Here in NZ DOC is completely funded by the govt. to look after all national parks and historically significant places. And maybe they would let a ghost investigation team into some of their properties, but they would never provide the evidence.

I think there were definitely some deliberate fakes and at the very least the were sure not shy about playing up the stories!  Some of the rangers begged off which I thought was commendable but others were right there playing the game.

#28    sinewave

sinewave

Majestic 12 Operative

• 6,102 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:58 PM

View PostDakotabre, on 09 February 2010 - 10:49 PM, said:

I agree, I think it's photoshopped. The enlarged image of the 'ghost' is crystal clear, yet the window frames etc appear blurry. Also if you look at the outlines of the window frames, they are all dead straight except for the parts that surround the 'ghost' you can see that they have little chunks or indents taken out of the frames, they are wobbly lines, not straight, where the photoshopper has accidently gone to close to the window frame and smeared over it, creating those indents.

I think fake!

Yes, I noticed that too.  The face becomes clearer as the image is enlarged, and that ain't right!  Someone's been playin' with that pic.

Edited by sinewave, 09 February 2010 - 10:58 PM.

#29    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,491 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:59 PM

lol lol lol Posted Image

#30    Professor Buzzkill

Professor Buzzkill

Integrity is all we have

• 2,598 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:50 PM

View Postsinewave, on 09 February 2010 - 10:58 PM, said:

Yes, I noticed that too.  The face becomes clearer as the image is enlarged, and that ain't right!  Someone's been playin' with that pic.

That is much more realistic then a govt. organisation playing jokes on people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users