Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Nazca Lines

• Please log in to reply
91 replies to this topic

#91    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 9,976 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

View PostRanyhyn, on 16 March 2010 - 12:30 AM, said:

I have not made up my mind what I believe, it is possible, perhaps even plausible it was for dancing, but why make all these different tracks for it? And there are geoglyphs other places too, on fairly steep slopes. Were they for dancing too? Also why do all the mountains surrounding the Nazca Plateau have their peaks, yet the plateau itself is completely flat, as if someone sawed off the top and polished it flat. Does anyone know anything about this, by the way? Because it seems like such a lot of work strictly for dancing.

I have also seen in some documentary that there is another geoglyph out by the ocean that points straight for Nazca Plateau, any truth to this? And why would this be made in the first place? Also for dancing?

And to ask your question which i underlined in your quote;  I know they got bored, I know they had fun, the question is would they take the time to design, execute and then dance around these lines? I don't know, but I would at least like some evidence supporting this, just like I would want evidence for the UFO related theories.

Hi Ranyhyn

I put forward the idea of dancing, which I did see explained in a documentary years ago, because it makes as much sense as any of the other suggestions mooted here.  The truth is we can only guess.  Were all of these enigmas created at the same time by like-minded people?  It's doubtful.

As for the flat plateau.....these are natural.

#92    arglebargle

arglebargle

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,515 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:49 AM

View PostEldorado, on 16 March 2010 - 12:36 AM, said:

Hi Ranyhyn

I put forward the idea of dancing, which I did see explained in a documentary years ago, because it makes as much sense as any of the other suggestions mooted here.  The truth is we can only guess.  Were all of these enigmas created at the same time by like-minded people?  It's doubtful.

View PostEldorado, on 16 March 2010 - 12:36 AM, said:

As for the flat plateau.....these are natural.
Fair enough, but it appears to be the only one in the area, and it is completely flat. I don't know how the chances of this happening to only one out of many, versus a group of these are, but I'd like to find out.

Also I heard somewhere that the lighter colored lines contained crushed glass, I hardly believe this but has anyone else heard this? Or is it merely hogwash? I wouldn't know where to look for this info myself, because most of the info on the plateau tends to be written by people insisting they are like an airport, which I am not convinced of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users