Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

chicks and dudes

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#16    schadeaux

schadeaux

Ambiguitous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,887 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:34 PM

QUOTE (MoonBaby @ Jun 18 2004, 07:31 AM)
I will say we would all be burning English muffins and beating someones dog, and the world would be a happy place where all would giggle and laugh.

You don't like doggies?
crying.gif  

"To study and not think is a waste.
To think and not study is dangerous."
Confucius

#17    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

• Ignorance I can handle, stupidity I can't.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:35 PM

I love doggies. wub.gif  wub.gif Ever watch OCC?  

"This concept of 'wub' confuses and infuriates us!"
~Futurama <---- the aliens

#18    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:37 PM

I don't mind burning and laughing but I refuse to beat a dog. I may have to take over pre-emptively to prevent such a world from coming to be. All animal abusers will then wear their own intestines around their necks..
..And Falco will giggle and laugh.

Unless you were using slang I'm not familiar with. Then it's cool.. thumbsup.gif  

#19    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Falco Rex @ Jun 18 2004, 03:37 PM)
I don't mind burning and laughing but I refuse to beat a dog. I may have to take over pre-emptively to prevent such a world from coming to be. All animal abusers will then wear their own intestines around their necks..
..And Falco will giggle and laugh.

Unless you were using slang I'm not familiar with. Then it's cool.. thumbsup.gif

It is slang. I love puppies and I agree with you. All animal abusers should have their eyeballs popped out of their skulls and be thrown in a room with spiders and lots of creepy crawly things that are disgusting and scary. And after that, they should be hung upside down from the ceiling and have every single nail ripped from their body. And I'm not joking either. I hate people that abuse animals.  mad.gif

Edited by MoonBaby, 18 June 2004 - 02:42 PM.

#20    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 18 June 2004 - 03:58 PM

Tigger said
you get 'butch' females who know the ins and outs of machinery and tools, and then you get males who seem very femine

There is a large scale of femine and masculin.

This scale has alot of gray areas. At one end of the scale lets put a man and on the other you have woman.

Now in between these two extremes you have feminine males, butch women, gay men, gay women. You also have gender confusion, where people feel they are a different sex on the inside then on the outside. Hermaphidites would fit in here as well.

It seems that in the womb hormonal activity or the lack there of will render a person anywhere on this scale. I believe this has a lot more to do with nature than nurture.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Julius Robert Oppenheimer. (1904-1967)
Posted Image

#21    odinsgrl

odinsgrl

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 305 posts

• And you're what? Shocked and disapointed? I'm evil.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 04:30 PM

I'm a chick but I personally don't want to see this country ran by a bunch of females. Dear lord I would cry. 

Why?

No offense to any guys out there, but I feel men have had thier chance at "ruling the world", and personally I think they've made a pretty big mess of things. I'm not saying that women could do any better, but hey, give us a chance, and we might.

This is not a comdemnation, Moonbaby, I'd really like to know.

Posted Image

"What are they?"
"Blue demons, eat Christians alive. You're not a Christian are you?!"
Bors-King Arthur

#22    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (odinsgrl @ Jun 18 2004, 05:30 PM)
No offense to any guys out there, but I feel men have had thier chance at "ruling the world", and personally I think they've made a pretty big mess of things. I'm not saying that women could do any better, but hey, give us a chance, and we might.

Well the only woman Prime Minister the UK ever had was the singlemost destructive thing to happen to British politics!

However, it isn't about wether they are male or female, but rather how good a politician they are and that isn't effected by gender even though some people act as if it does.

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#23    MoonBaby

MoonBaby

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (odinsgrl @ Jun 18 2004, 05:30 PM)
I'm a chick but I personally don't want to see this country ran by a bunch of females. Dear lord I would cry. 

Why?

This is not a comdemnation, Moonbaby, I'd really like to know.

No offence taken.  grin2.gif

I'm not talking about the world, if I said that, I apologize. Those statistics were for the U.S., and that's what I am referring to. I think men have had their fair share also. It's time for there to be a balance in power. I don't think that either gender should be the ruling power. Men are too domineering and women are too emotional. There needs to be emotion mixed in there with "control", and there needs to be logic mixed with emotion. But at the rate we're going, our country is going to be ran by emotion and that is a very scary thought. But... somebody will come along to fix that if it happens, someone always does.

#24    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

• "Sanity may be madness but the maddest of all is to see life as it is and not as it should be." (from) Don Quixote

Posted 19 June 2004 - 09:14 AM

Whats the difference between if men "run" the world  or women "run" the world?

I would very much like for both of us to maintain 'our' world.

Lets rid of these divisions, they do nothing but hinder our understanding of everything!!

This world, our future, our past, our endeavers are exactly that................OURS!

There should be no difference of objective in the commonality sense.

As long as men are free to ask what they must, free to say what they think, free to think what they will, freedom can never be lost and science can never regress.
Posted Image

#25    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 19 June 2004 - 12:44 PM

I don't think there'd be much difference in the world if women "ran" it, sad to say. Politics itself requires a certain mindset if you're going to be involved in it. It doesn't matter if you're male or female, you'll end up doing the same things..
Look at Hillary Clinton, Margaret Thatcher or Indira Gandhi. You'd be hard-pressed to find a difference between their politics and the traditional "Male" definition of it..

#26    tigger

tigger

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• keeper of a greater magic... THE SCHWARTZ!

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:46 AM

QUOTE (Chauncy @ Jun 18 2004, 04:58 PM)
Tigger said
you get 'butch' females who know the ins and outs of machinery and tools, and then you get males who seem very femine

There is a large scale of femine and masculin.

This scale has alot of gray areas. At one end of the scale lets put a man and on the other you have woman.

Now in between these two extremes you have feminine males, butch women, gay men, gay women. You also have gender confusion, where people feel they are a different sex on the inside then on the outside. Hermaphidites would fit in here as well.

It seems that in the womb hormonal activity or the lack there of will render a person anywhere on this scale. I believe this has a lot more to do with nature than nurture.

which is exactly what i wrote in my post

and it leads us to believe more so that being gay is a contributing genetic factor.... a recessive gene or a mutation etc.....

but on the topic of hermaphrodites..... a being containing both sex organs.... it depends on how much more of one hormone they have in their body to contribute to which gender they would be more akin too

'What do you do if you step on a mine, Captain?'
'Well, the usual procedure is to leap 200 feet in the air and spread yourself over a wide area…'

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!

#27    ouijaouija

ouijaouija

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:07 AM

Hi, I've looked at these areas as I am studying, and this is what I think.

The fact that females do better isn't really a big deal. Males actually get more degree and higher degrees than females.

But if you look at inequality. The biggest correlation with education is class, not gender.

And though burture may be a big factor, the fact that animals have clear segregated roles shows that gender differences are also largely biologically motivated, though culture does have a alrge affect too.

#28    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:17 AM

I really dont think we need "leaders" like politicians.

Those who lead by example are better leaders than a guy who half the country hates and the other half voted for because they didnt like the other guy.

Prime Ministers and Presidents are a bad idea, they have way to much power.

I think women can lead the country better than men can, because men are more violent and are more likely to invade other countries for reasons noone really comprehends.

Wasnt there that guy who commited suicide recently who was born a male but raised a girl as an experiment?

Or something..

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#29    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 22 June 2004 - 10:10 AM

I think you have little clue! I cite the example of Margret Thatcher, the UK's first, only and worst ever prime minister..... you know, the one that pressured argentina into a conflict, ordered the sinking of the belgrano dispite the fact she was told it was heading OUT of the conflict zone.... etc....

Women can be just as bad as men when it comes to politics, gender makes NO diffrence in that area!

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#30    Chauncy

Chauncy

Quixotic

• 2,033 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:10 PM

Tigger said
and it leads us to believe more so that being gay is a contributing genetic factor.... a recessive gene or a mutation etc.....

but on the topic of hermaphrodites..... a being containing both sex organs.... it depends on how much more of one hormone they have in their body to contribute to which gender they would be more akin too

Absolutely, homosexuality is an orientation people are born like that, it is pure ignorance when someone says that it is a choice.

With the hermaphrodites having both organs, doctors usually wait until they become sexually mature enough to relay what gender they are on the inside. When this is revealed then surgery usually takes place if the person so wishes.

I often speculate that Hermaphrodites might have actually been twins if there was no mutation......but thats pure speculation.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users