Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The murder of Mary Magdalene

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1    UM-Bot

UM-Bot

News, media and articles

• 6,196 posts

• Beep Boop

Posted 16 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

<strong class='bbc'>Image credit: Tizian</strong>
Image credit: Tizian
Dan Green: Just about everything imaginable has been either said or suggested about the biblical figure presented to us as Mary Magdalene. That much we can agree. The most favoured and recent of the many hypothesis is that she was the partner of the historical and biblical figurehead Jesus carrying his child and along with that the continuation of a Holy Bloodline. This Mary figure, who after the biblical account where she was the first to visit the tomb of the rising Christ, simply vanishes from record yet warrants becoming an object of character assassination by the Catholic Church and added to their tarnishing of all things female by virtue of Original Sin propaganda and inventing us the lie that she was a prostitute. This enigmatic Mary must have been a potent female in particular, an actual spiritual Teacher who had a following whose importance may well have been thought better removed in order to satisfy a preferred emphasis on  a male Jesus figure to cater for the deep-seated homosexual tendencies that have now been brought to light by the exposure of systematic and covered up Catholic Church child abuse in both USA and Ireland and suspected in many other countries if not all where Catholicism is rooted. That the figure of Mary Magdalene may well have been far more important in history than we could have imagined, eclipsing that of the male Jesus storyline as it is told, may well  be one of the better secrets held in relation to her and the mystery attached to Rennes-le-Chateau. Is her connection with blood menstruation the one thing a male church hierarchy loathed, to menstruate being mens true hate? Was this enigmatic Mary considered such a threat that she was physically removed from accurate recordings of history that would displease the Church, preferring an emphasis on an elevated and deified male Jesus figure? This story line may  be some two thousand years ago, but in that time human nature has changed little and powerful women who worry the residing male authority of the day are usually removed, Princess Diana and Benazir Bhutto being two recent examples. Could a pregnant Mary Magdalene have been demised?

Posted Image View: Full Article

This is an official comment thread for a main site news story, article or video.
Please keep comments civil and on topic.
Thank you.

#2    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 02:35 AM

"Evidence" from your friend's cousin's friend?  Sorry, but had to laugh at that.

The only evidence you'll find af Magdeline's exixtence is in the Gospels.  Stories fabricated 1000 or 1500 yrs after her death is not evidence.

#3    emberlake

emberlake

quinquagenarian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,525 posts

• "Not all the folklore of fairies & nature-folks are Celtic, Sidhe, Disney or Bro Grimms." ~ ember

Posted 17 February 2010 - 04:33 AM

View PostEldorado, on 17 February 2010 - 02:35 AM, said:

"Evidence" from your friend's cousin's friend?  Sorry, but had to laugh at that.

The only evidence you'll find af Magdeline's exixtence is in the Gospels.  Stories fabricated 1000 or 1500 yrs after her death is not evidence.
:yes:

:)
"Why would you want to be normal? Normal is boring. Nobody remembers normal people." ~ Bracket
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fan of William Blanchard: His music makes my soul sing!
:)

#4    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 17 February 2010 - 09:43 PM

View PostEldorado, on 17 February 2010 - 02:35 AM, said:

No, she also shows up in the Nag Hammadi manuscripts of like 1800 years ago.

And as a more important figure than in the Gospels we all know of.

#5    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 17 February 2010 - 10:51 PM

"alternative gospels".........gnostics, from 200 yrs after the Resurrection.

#6    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:10 PM

View PostEldorado, on 17 February 2010 - 10:51 PM, said:

"alternative gospels".........gnostics, from 200 yrs after the Resurrection.

Yes, but a lot sooner than you first assumed.

And the Gospel of Thomas in considered authentic, and dates from less than 50 years after Jesus died.

#7    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 03:27 PM

View PostAbramelin, on 18 February 2010 - 03:10 PM, said:

Yes, but a lot sooner than you first assumed.

And the Gospel of Thomas in considered authentic, and dates from less than 50 years after Jesus died.

I assume nothing.  We learn every day.
Most of the writings attributed to St Thomas are, in my opinion, the rantings of a Gnostic.

Considered by whom to be authentic?  And what do you mean by authentic; written by the Apostle Thomas or just written in the first century AD?
(Dan Brown has a lot to answer for....lol)

http://www.catholic....ew.php?id=11492

Edited by Eldorado, 18 February 2010 - 03:39 PM.

#8    Leonardo

Leonardo

Awake

• 14,989 posts

• Hell is a guilty conscience

Posted 18 February 2010 - 07:45 PM

How is it that every da Vinci and his dog 'knew' secrets about Jesus or Mary Magdalene, yet we know nothing today?

The Catholic Church was powerful before da Vinci, it had already had 1500 years to hide any evidence (if there ever was any to hide), yet they did nothing until after da Vinci died? Even taking into account the CC might not have known anything itself until the Holy Wars uncovered evidence, that still leaves centuries for them to operate it.

Perhaps da Vinci was part of some secret society and perhaps the members of this society did convince themselves they knew some great secrets, and perhaps they were simply deluding themselves?

Or perhaps he is (through the Mona Lisa?) simply smiling at the chaos he has sown with his devilish humour?

In the book of life, the answers aren't in the back. - Charlie Brown

"It is a profound and necessary truth that the deep things in science are not found because they are useful; they are found because it was possible to find them."  - J. Robert Oppenheimer; Scientific Director; The Manhattan Project

"talking bull**** is not a victimless crime" - Marina Hyde, author.

#9    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 18 February 2010 - 08:56 PM

I've long thought that maybe there are no "secrets" and da Vinci was just adding to and revelling in the gossip of the day.
Like Mark Twain would do in later years.

Edited by Eldorado, 18 February 2010 - 08:56 PM.

#10    REBEL

REBEL

Esoteric Seeker

• 6,559 posts

• ''GONE FISH'N, BRB...''

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:09 PM

Dan Green: The murder of Mary Magdalene.

Dan Brown: Da Vinci Code.

What's happen'n here?  Maybe one and the same bloodline?

But this absolutely floored me ... ''Lincoln Cathedral Code''

((((( :rofl: )))))

#11    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:06 PM

View PostREBEL, on 19 February 2010 - 12:09 PM, said:

Dan Green: The murder of Mary Magdalene.

Dan Brown: Da Vinci Code.

What's happen'n here?  Maybe one and the same bloodline?

But this absolutely floored me ... ''Lincoln Cathedral Code''

((((( Posted Image )))))

lol
Could make a new movie entitled the Colour Conspiracy Code.  (Theme song by Barry White, 3rd Dan black belt in smooching).

Nothing wrong with a bit of speculation if you concede that it is just that.

#12    :PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

:PsYKoTiC:BeHAvIoR:

Deadliest of the Species

• 3,601 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:58 PM

"Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence." -Carl Sagan (1934 - 1996).

Enough said :)

Posted Image
"I'd long heard rumors of an alien species that hunted men for sport. I'd always thought they were nothing but campfire tales."

#13    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:47 PM

View PostEldorado, on 18 February 2010 - 03:27 PM, said:

I assume nothing.  We learn every day.
Most of the writings attributed to St Thomas are, in my opinion, the rantings of a Gnostic.

Considered by whom to be authentic?  And what do you mean by authentic; written by the Apostle Thomas or just written in the first century AD?
(Dan Brown has a lot to answer for....lol)

http://www.catholic....ew.php?id=11492

I'm no specialst, but here's what some say about the date:

"Assigning a date to the Gospel of Thomas is very complex because it is difficult to know precisely to what a date is being assigned. Scholars have proposed a date as early as AD 60 or as late as AD 140, depending upon whether the Gospel of Thomas is identified with the original core of sayings, or with the author's published text, or with the Greek or Coptic texts, or with parallels in other literature."

http://en.wikipedia....ospel_of_Thomas

And btw, even if they are the 'rantings of a Gnostic', that in no way makes them less valuable...
Even though the present church loves to portray themselves as the one and only true Christian Chrurch, and would love it if the Gnostics disappeared altoghether from the face of the planet (they tried to 'help' with that process of eliminiation, centuries ago), that still doesn't make them more right.

#14    Eldorado

Eldorado

Unforgiven

• 10,118 posts

• I reckon so.

Posted 19 February 2010 - 09:06 PM

"And btw, even if they are the 'rantings of a Gnostic', that in no way makes them less valuable..."

It makes them less valuable to me because I doubt their authorship, I doubt their truth, I'm not a conspiracy nut and I don't blame religion for all the world's ills.

#15    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,085 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:53 PM

I doubt the Roman Catholic Church: to me they are no better than the Italian Mafia.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users