Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded in Saudi Arabia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#1    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:58 PM

(CNN) -- An Arabic TV news network said Friday that American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. has been beheaded by his Saudi captors.

Al Arabiya said its bureau chief had been shown the video of the killing.

A Saudi security source said, "From our end, we cannot confirm this. We have not found a body yet."

Earlier Friday, Al Arabiya had aired an emotional statement from the wife of Johnson.

Johnson's wife, Noom, who is Thai, said she hoped the Saudi government "can help my husband."

U.S. and Saudi investigators concluded an intensive meeting Friday, Saudi officials said, as security forces spread all over the kingdom searching for Johnson.

Johnson, 49, a Lockheed Martin Corp. employee, had been kidnapped Saturday in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. He helped maintain U.S.-built Apache helicopter gunships for the Saudi military.

Link

So when we are done in Iraq are we going to liberate Iran or Saudi Arabia first? Should we start a pool?

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#2    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

• 'For we walk by faith, not by sight.' II Corinthians 5:7

Posted 18 June 2004 - 05:58 PM

Demands had given Saudis 72 hours to save Paul Johnson's life.

MSNBC News Services
Updated: 1:55 p.m. ET June 18, 2004RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - A statement published on an Islamic Web site Friday claimed that American hostage Paul Johnson had been beheaded. The Web site also published photos apparently showing Johnson after death. The claim could not be independently confirmed.

Full Story Link

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#3    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:01 PM

Hey... you beat me by like 2 seconds on posting this

Oh NO!!!... does this mean we are starting to think alike???  blink.gif  huh.gif  dontgetit.gif  crying.gif  

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin. ~anonymous~

#4    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:05 PM

And, the U.S. stands quietly by.

Edited by Babs, 18 June 2004 - 06:08 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#5    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:32 PM

I just talked to my husband and people at his office; they are all mad about this. My husband is using a few choice words( I can't put into print) but you get the picture, they are livid.  

We all wish that the U.S. could behead.

Henry David Thoreau...

#6    Nxt2Hvn

Nxt2Hvn

Alien Abducter

• 5,083 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Babs @ Jun 18 2004, 07:32 PM)
We all wish that the U.S. could behead.

Are you saying that you wish the whole U.S. could be beheaded?  huh.gif

#7    babyforrest

babyforrest

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

• We're on a mission from God.

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:03 PM

Why are there US civillains there anyway?  I don't mean any disrespect to Paul Johnson, but I can't even imagine thinking that going to the middle east to work as a civillain when you have a safe country to live is, on any level, a good idea.

Let's rock this joint!

#8    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 18 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (fluffybunny @ Jun 18 2004, 06:58 PM)
(CNN) -- An Arabic TV news network said Friday that American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. has been beheaded by his Saudi captors.

Al Arabiya said its bureau chief had been shown the video of the killing.

A Saudi security source said, "From our end, we cannot confirm this. We have not found a body yet."

Earlier Friday, Al Arabiya had aired an emotional statement from the wife of Johnson.

Johnson's wife, Noom, who is Thai, said she hoped the Saudi government "can help my husband."

U.S. and Saudi investigators concluded an intensive meeting Friday, Saudi officials said, as security forces spread all over the kingdom searching for Johnson.

Johnson, 49, a Lockheed Martin Corp. employee, had been kidnapped Saturday in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. He helped maintain U.S.-built Apache helicopter gunships for the Saudi military.

Link

So when we are done in Iraq are we going to liberate Iran or Saudi Arabia first? Should we start a pool?

I say saudi, because there next in line with Operation Iraqi Liberation
(O.I.L)

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#9    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (Student&Alive @ Jun 18 2004, 09:43 PM)
(O.I.L)

This thread is about the barbaric murder of an innocent man.  I don't think it's the place for cheesy political statements.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#10    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 18 June 2004 - 09:58 PM

Alleged Johnson kidnapping ringleader killed. "ALRIGHT"! The leader of al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia killed.

Nxt...no, I wish the U.S. could behead terrrorists...."an eye for an eye".

Another thing I just got to say, "with friends like Saudi Arabia, who needs enemies."

Edited by Babs, 18 June 2004 - 10:14 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#11    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 18 June 2004 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Babs @ Jun 18 2004, 02:58 PM)
Another thing I just got to say, "with friends like Saudi Arabia, who needs enemies."

I have no idea how we could consider them a "friend". I was there 10 years ago, if it wasn't for the fact that Iraq was about to roll into their country they would not have wanted anything to do with us, and weren't afraid to say so.

Nxt...no, I wish the U.S. could behead terrrorists...."an eye for an eye".

A well placed high caliber sniper round will pretty much do that for you...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#12    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:18 AM

I like your style, fluffybunny. wink2.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#13    Novo

Novo

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,047 posts

• Illicit Citizen Of Utopia

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Cufflink @ Jun 18 2004, 10:26 PM)
QUOTE (Student&Alive @ Jun 18 2004, 09:43 PM)
(O.I.L)

This thread is about the barbaric murder of an innocent man.  I don't think it's the place for cheesy political statements.

So your saying it is possible to kill someone in a civilized manner?

The stupider people think you are, the more suprised they are when you kill them.
- Unknown

History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people.
-Martin Luthur king Jr, activist

Never forget that everything Hitler did in Germany was legal.
- Martin luthur King Jr., activist

#14    Cufflink

Cufflink

Poltergeist

• 2,234 posts

• For you, Baby, I could be

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (Student&Alive @ Jun 19 2004, 02:28 AM)
So your saying it is possible to kill someone in a civilized manner?

Of course not.  rolleyes.gif   The man was murdered, and the manner of his killing, a way that is particularly abhorrent to westerners, was chosen for maximum impact.

I think the word barbaric is a good way to describe his killers.

Posted Image
Posted Image

In case...two words, not one Posted Image

#15    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,305 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 19 June 2004 - 01:47 AM

I have no idea how we could consider them a "friend". I was there 10 years ago, if it wasn't for the fact that Iraq was about to roll into their country they would not have wanted anything to do with us, and weren't afraid to say so

Saudis are for a fact the most blah blah offensive guff  I have encountered them on several different fronts,  Miltary, and Civilian.

Edited by Aslan, 19 June 2004 - 11:04 AM.

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users