Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded in Saudi Arabia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#106    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:17 AM

So wait...is billy-jo in the taliban? or is it bobby-jo? and john is a police officer, right? And why did the police want to shoot Homer? I thought he worked at a nuclear power plant...

hmmm...

So you are saying that Homer Simpson is in the Taliban? Oh...I got it now...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#107    Magikman

Magikman

Most Exalted member of the first 15

• 6,280 posts

• "Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur"

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:18 AM

The suggestion, then, would be to start a new thread addressing the points you have made and asking for feedback. I'm debating whether this thread should remain open much longer anyway, as discussions are tending to lose their relevance to the topic.

MM

Edit; and I see Fluff has pretty much proven my point. I"ll give you a few minutes to copy and paste your post to a notepad or word program, hunter, and then I'm going to lock this thread down.

Edited by Magikman, 30 June 2004 - 04:21 AM.

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. ~ Carl Sagan

"...man has an irrepressible tendency to read meaning into the buzzing confusion of sights and sounds impinging on his senses; and where no agreed meaning can be found, he will provide it out of his own imagination." ~ Arthur Koestler

#108    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:28 AM

In retaliation, if you lock it, i could copy/paste anytime =)

Point taken, making new thread

Thanks MM

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users