Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded in Saudi Arabia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#46    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:15 AM

doesn't matter to the corpe whether it was killed by an axe or by leathal injection

you do realise they aren't a corpse while they are in the process of being killed
getting stoned to death isn't exactly a pleasant way to go

#47    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:33 AM

Again you show your utter ignorance Erikl

Firstly, you ain't worth arguing with, your a bigot who isn't interested in facts unless they fit into your blinkered world view.

Again, as I expected, no case. Just name-calling.

Yes you are a racist (Anti-palestinian... even anti-arab)

Where? show me where? on the other hand, I can show you atleast five different posts where I specifically showed that I'm not an Anti-Palestinian.
On a side note - my country is being attacked by Palestinian terrorists, so ofcourse you can't expect me to show much sympathy... I don't hate them, but I don't want to kiss 'em either.

or at the very least an imperialist,

Again, you show that your case against me is biased by your anti-Israelism and anti-Zionism. No real case.

you have no comprehention,

of what? of your hatred?

let alone understanding of cultures other than your own

LOL! and exacly how do you show your respect to other cultures?
What other non-European language do you know?
Thought so.
I speak at least three languages, Hebrew, Arabic and English, and I'm currently learning Slovio and Esperanto. I have Assyrian friends, I talked to many Arabs, and I spoke with Druzes.
My interest is other cultures, history and mythologies. So I actually am familiar with many cultures, particulary with those of my neighbors (ie Arabs).

and you arrigantly assume the right for your country and America to impose your world view onto other parts of the globe regardless of their culture or the kind of government/society they want

Exacly when did my country impose it's culture on other people? heck! we even have multi-culture education system for our own minorities.
On the other hand, why don't you bother your French neighbors who impose French culture on their own native minorities (not immigrants), such as the Brythons, Corsicans, Basques etc..

America, on the other hand, have the right to make sure they wouldn't be attacked again. And if this includes the liberation of the Saudis from their own opressor regime, I welcome it.

You know NOTHING about Saudi society other than as the focus for your hatred.

Again, you only bash. You always says I'm wrong, but I'm the only one who wrote here some actual info about Saudi society. The only thing you did is to bash me, say I'm wrong, but no real info nor case.
Grow up.

It doesn't 'make the world safer' as trying to impose your culture on theirs

My culture? last time I checked, this was Western culture, your own culture, MADE IN EUROPE AND IMPROVED IN USA. And again, I do not "impose" cultures on other people. As a matter of fact, I believe that you are the racist here, because you can't believe that the Arabs can have free democracy or free society. You believe that they were meant to be oppressed forever, for some unknown reason. I don't belive this is true. Look at Turkey - it has a Western society and democracy while still keeping their own Muslim culture.
Lebanon was a democracy before the PLO and Baathist Syria raped it and turned it into an Afghanistan-like terror state.

provokes the kind of resentment which makes it easy for extreamists like Bin laden to recruit nieve angry youngsters into his terrorist organisation ego making the world MUCH LESS SAFE!

This is simply wrong.
First, look at Iran - they have their own Islamic state, and still spread terror.
Islamic militarism is not because Western presence in the ME, this is just and excuse. It is also an excuse used by Arab dictators to excuse their own failure - "Don't blame us! it is the Americans! the Zionists!".
You fall for terrorist proganda too easily.

You haven't a CLUE!

Again and again you repeat that, but you don't have any case nor any real argument to support that. And still, you show no knowledge in Saudi life. Only knowledge in name-calling and bashing over the internet.

And on your final point, that is their judicial system, part of their culture.... America also has the death penalty.... doesn't matter to the corpe whether it was killed by an axe or by leathal injection..... another example of your blinkered and selective world view.

Oh! come on! this is just pure demagogue! Although I do not support death penalty, there's a big, no, HUGE difference between how and why people are being executed in America. This is either shows your lack of knowledge again, or that you are an anti-American bigot.

As I say, you ain't worth arguing with, but I will continue to slap down your ignorant, bigoted and one sided bull**** ...

Ahhh... * SIGH *... again name-calling, bashing, but no real case nor real arguments....
This is simply pathetic... an yet disturbing...  huh.gif

Edited by Erikl, 21 June 2004 - 11:45 AM.

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#48    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:52 AM

Something that makes Erikl seem "fair and balanced" in his reporting of the palestinians. Really.

Fluffybunny, I see you bought what Fenris said... too bad... I though of you highly to this point. Didn't take you for a believer in lies.  dontgetit.gif  

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#49    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 21 June 2004 - 11:59 AM

Joc i resorted to name calling afetr you snet me your disgusting IM in which you told me exactly what you put on the thread about the saudis.

I dont care if i am resorting to name calling.

You are a bigot and a racist and your post proved that to me.

I have no regret in telling you exactly what you are, mor over its now obvious to me that behind your thinly veiled posts you are a bigot and an illeducated one at that.

Erikl

I have called you a bigot in the past. I dont believe that to be the case anymore.

I think sometimes you step over the line , however at least thats understandable for you.

You are obviously very highly educated as well.

Anyway the poor guy is still dead , maybe we should start talkin about ways in which we can prevent this.

The stategy we are employin just now clearly isnt workin. Its even makin things worse.

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#50    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:34 PM

I am really annoyed by this thread. You lot need to grow up. Name calling and shouting at eachother only proves this. This thread has turned into rage and hatred towards eachother and there is enough of that in the world already let alone on this site. The only person who has posted anything intelligent and relevant in this whole thread is Erikl but a couple of others, Fenris and Wurm for example, either will not or cannot comprehend that others have an opinion. Who are the bigots now?

#51    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Erikl @ Jun 21 2004, 04:52 AM)
Fluffybunny, I see you bought what Fenris said... too bad... I though of you highly to this point. Didn't take you for a believer in lies.  dontgetit.gif

I didn't buy anything. I made up my own opinion of your previous posts.

Regardless, it was out of line. I apologize.

edited to reflect an addition in Erikl's last post...

Edited by fluffybunny, 21 June 2004 - 01:11 PM.

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#52    Druidus

Druidus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    - Einstein

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:23 PM

Alright guys!  We need to shape this up now!  We can't afford to have anymore name-calling regardless of who it comes from.  I'm not pointing at anyone and I include myself in this but let's try to tone down the intensity of this thread so as it doesn't get locked.  I hope you agree with me that we need to do this.

~~~Official Giver of Fishysticks~~~

"Anarchy is not chaos, but order without control."  

"Eudaemonia is not merely anarchy, but life without need."

"The most damaging phrase in the language is: "It's always been done that way."

My Psionics forum -  http://s7.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

#53    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:23 PM

Yea earthygirl! thumbsup.gif ...A gal after my own heart. This is an example of the many Americans' point of view. I wish we had more like you on the forum.

Erikl...you are bringing the house down. You make a lot of sense....finally someone who knows what they are talking about. original.gif

Fenris....are you going to head up that brigade?!...that one against America, if we continue to step out of line? laugh.gif Really, Fenris, as Erikl said, you haven't even stepped on shore, over there, in Saudi Arabia and probably not, here, in America, either. whistling2.gif    ........And, you talk about Bush's ego.

Anyway, this is an exciting thread, I hope as Druidus said, we can keep it open.  

Edited by Babs, 21 June 2004 - 05:25 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#54    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:33 PM

Wow! Guess who's in town?! Right now!  You got it...."our president!"....(Not far from me, as I speak).

There's quite a stir here in our city today, in Ohio. wub.gif  Flags on every pole and ribbons on every tree, car and bush.  laugh.gif  No pun intended.

We love you Bush! wub.gif  wub.gif

BUSH!, BUSH!, BUSH!....U.S.A.!  U.S.A.! thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif  thumbsup.gif

Henry David Thoreau...

#55    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:24 PM

Just caught the CNN war room with Wolf Blitzer....big question of the day...

"Can the Saudis be trusted?"

....poll says "NO".

Edited by Babs, 21 June 2004 - 09:28 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#56    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:27 PM

lotti you didnt read the PM joc sent me.

saorsa na h-alba

#57    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:30 PM

CNN is liberal.

Henry David Thoreau...

#58    Druidus

Druidus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    - Einstein

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:42 PM

The only person who has posted anything intelligent and relevant in this whole thread is Erikl but a couple of others, Fenris and Wurm for example, either will not or cannot comprehend that others have an opinion.

You're saying... that I didn't post anything intelligent... and relevant?  crying.gif  crying.gif  crying.gif  crying.gif

Your so cruel crying.gif

laugh.gif lol

~~~Official Giver of Fishysticks~~~

"Anarchy is not chaos, but order without control."  

"Eudaemonia is not merely anarchy, but life without need."

"The most damaging phrase in the language is: "It's always been done that way."

My Psionics forum -  http://s7.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

#59    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 22 June 2004 - 09:20 AM

Oh an BTW lottie the fact is that i fully understood and can completley comprehen what joc posted.

Thats exactly why i couldnt ignore it.

His opinion was racist bullshit. So i told him. I'll Forward you the P.M that he sent me detailing exaclty what he posted if you need any proof of his racism.

I still offer no apologies for flaming a racist.

If you read my post as well you'll notice that on more than one occasion ive tried to bring the thread back onto the subject.

Edited by wunarmdscissor, 22 June 2004 - 09:20 AM.

saorsa na h-alba

#60    reese2

reese2

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 01:15 PM

Joc i resorted to name calling afetr you snet me your disgusting IM in which you told me exactly what you put on the thread about the saudis.

wun-  You wanted to know what he said.  Maybe you should check your feelings at the door, and make sure you always watch what you ask for...   ohmy.gif  wink2.gif

This shouldn't be a gang up on Joc thing here.  Try thinking for yourselves instead of going with the majority..  

Reese  

UA & Barman's Animated Avatar wish list, for the imaginative yet simple minded....  !!!

When one door closes another door opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the ones which open for us." - Alexander Graham Bell

Some of the most beautiful works of art, are often not work at all...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users