Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded in Saudi Arabia

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
107 replies to this topic

#91    Druidus

Druidus

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

• "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds."
    - Einstein

Posted 24 June 2004 - 01:51 AM

Aren't all politicians the same?

Reminds me of a funny quote by a politician.  "90% of politicians give the other 10% a bad name."

Edited by Druidus, 24 June 2004 - 03:20 AM.

~~~Official Giver of Fishysticks~~~

"Anarchy is not chaos, but order without control."  

"Eudaemonia is not merely anarchy, but life without need."

"The most damaging phrase in the language is: "It's always been done that way."

My Psionics forum -  http://s7.invisionfr...dex.php?act=idx

#92    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 24 June 2004 - 04:59 PM

joc wrote:

He cares deeply. He isn't playing politics. He is on a mission.

That's exactly how I feel about it. Thanks for putting that into words...Since 911 this man has been on a mission.

We had a little bit of a scare when president Bush was here. Wherever the president went there was restricted traffic...car and air traffic. But there was an unknown aircraft flying in the 'no fly' zone overtop the president. No one could contact this craft. They got the plane down as quickly as possible and interrogated the pilot; this guy was from out of state and seemed to be just cruising along... (without a care in the world). I bet that stopped his clock.  w00t.gif

My husband said the pilot was flying VFR (visual flight rules) so he did not have to file a flight plan when he left Columbus (you don't have to have your radio on when you do that), otherwards the air authorities would have said NO NO NO! you can't go into Cincinnati.  crying.gif

Anyway, the fighter jet brought him down...peaceably.  grin2.gif

Edit: put your three consecutive posts together

Edited by Tommy, 25 June 2004 - 10:37 PM.

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#93    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 25 June 2004 - 08:29 AM

Hey Babs,

why don't you start a thread on the wonderfulness that is Bush, cos this little fella was supposed to be about a poor bloke getting his head cut off, if you can remember that far back?  disgust.gif  

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#94    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:45 PM

Matt is a hostage. I wonder who will be next? This guy is dead Stamford, what more is there to say? I thought you might want to hear more about the human side of Bush...sorry if it disagrees with you. sleep.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#95    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 25 June 2004 - 01:58 PM

This guy is dead Stamford, what more is there to say?

Nothing I guess, which is pretty much what you are doing anyway.

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#96    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 25 June 2004 - 11:57 PM

Ah, but Stamford, I have a hidden agenda. tongue.gif  grin2.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

#97    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 28 June 2004 - 12:59 PM

Head-hunters have more hostages. Wonder what the surprize hand-over in Iraq will do?

Head-hunters are trying to intimidate, demoralize and terrorize us. What do you think...are they succeeding? I guess, if they can out-brutalize us, they can win the war.  

Edited by Babs, 28 June 2004 - 01:07 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#98    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 28 June 2004 - 01:43 PM

I guess, if they can out-brutalize us, they can win the war.

That is quite a remarkable statement.

I am at a loss to understand what 'out-brutalize' actually means; maybe you could clarify this for us, Babs?

Jim Morrison

The Smiths

#99    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 02:53 AM

We're getting reports here that Matt Maupin is dead. Al Jazeera is reporting the killing of Matt by militants. The government hasn't verified the news as yet.

Edited by Babs, 29 June 2004 - 03:20 AM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#100    Daughter of the Nine Moons

Daughter of the Nine Moons

☆。Fearstriker Do'Teh 。☆

• 14,477 posts

• ☆彡

Posted 29 June 2004 - 04:00 AM

QUOTE (Babs @ Jun 28 2004, 10:53 PM)
We're getting reports here that Matt Maupin is dead. Al Jazeera is reporting the killing of Matt by militants. The government hasn't verified the news as yet.

I heard that on the radio tonight too. I heard it was another beheading sad.gif  

One does not simply walk into Mordor.

#101    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 29 June 2004 - 05:45 AM

I read it was a shooting. The family is waiting for news...conflicting reports.

Everyone is in mourning for Matt Maupin here and the family is in agony waiting. The family think he is dead. Our government is not saying it is Matt they shot....they don't know! These poor people don't know now if he is alive or dead!

Edited by Babs, 29 June 2004 - 06:48 PM.

Henry David Thoreau...

#102    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:16 AM

We both agree that the americans need to just go in, and take care of this matter once and for all!  Why are we wasting the lives of americans?What are we waiting for? I say don't give them any kind of warning, just go in, and wipe them all out

It's a politcal bunch of BS. We need to "help" them again, to make America look like it's still the Badass in the world.
Also, if we went in and "Wiped them all out" whoever made that call would be tried for war crimes.

But, I'd have to say, i agree with you.

My method would be to build a big wall around them, and pump in water from the persian gulf.  Total cost of such a project would be minimal, compared to the price of Nukes, and high end bombs.

Considering we've lost two now, and they've lost thousands, i'd say if you wanted to make it fair we'd have to send alot more innocent men for the beheading

How many americans have died in this bull Sh** war? 900 something? Not to mention 9-11, and other attacks?

What you speak of is called "genocide". It's generally frowned upon around the world and is comparable to what Hitler wanted. Not to mention the countless lives lost, which is wrong in all ways.

So what to you call 50 thousand or so Middle eastren people who have vowed to kill americans, in bulk, whenever possible?  If they had the power, they'd do it to us without a second thought.

And you consider that honorable? Or fair?

Hmm.. An eye for an eye.. Was hijacking planes and killing thousands of innocenct civi's honorable?

No. You are wrong. Life should be preserved at all costs.

So, if someone had a gun to your head, would you try to kill them?

It's called "humane treatment". We can't just go out and attack someone merely because terrorists harm people from our country

Would it be better if we sat at home waiting for the next attack? Should our soldiers not shoot when a 10 year old kid runs at them with an AK-47 under his shoulder?

Our code of laws happens to have progressed considerably since Hammurabi's time.

Quite right!  Our laws have.. thiers have not.  Try doing a search on the internet for "Iraqi rape punishment"  Not quite an eye for an eye... but it's close.
(if you can't find it, I have a copy.. rather grahpic.. and it'll make men cry.)

I hate people who think Americans are better people than the rest of the humans in the world. They are exactly the same. NO one in the world deserves to be murdered.

Finally, i find something to kinda agree with Burnside on...   But while i feel it's wrong to kill people for no reason... I'm afraid to admit we do have a reason.

Terrorist number grow everyday.. these people have vowed war on the united states, and they attacked first.  I feel it's vital to America to "Cut the head of the snake" before another attack comes.

I find it odd that during WW2, the US put japanese-americans into concetration camps. They feared spies, and sabbotage.    If another attack comes from people who are already in the US, we could very well see that policy reborn.

I really don't agree with the hundreds/thousands of innocent people who have died, but they're collateral damage, crap happens. It's better we're TRYING to stop them from attacking again, then sitting at home fearing for  thier civilian casualties.

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

#103    cma

cma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:18 AM

ok, all lives are inportant...
so why the f*** arnt the iraqi lives being counted!

#104    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 12,738 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 30 June 2004 - 03:38 AM

One of the commanders over there a while back called what we are doing in Fallujah, 'playing patty cake with these guys'.  When they behead the Marine they have hostage...all hell will break out.....trust me. disgust.gif

No more patty-cake.....cocks 357 and hands BA a 50 caliber machine gun

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#105    hunterkiller2001

hunterkiller2001

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 723 posts

• I said RAR!

Posted 30 June 2004 - 04:10 AM

let me break it down like this.

John kills the following people: Mike, Justin, Cindy and DJ.
Police track down John, and he resists, pulling out a gun.
Police shoot John.
Police acted correctly, they get rewarded for thier quick thinking.

Now... Try it in an international situation.
Taliban kills 3000+ innocent americans.
America goes to thier homeland, to find others.
Others resist arrest, suicide bombing, and pulling out guerilla tactics.
Americans Capture/Kill as many bad guys as they can. Sadly, some civilians get killed.

America is wrong, because they tried to catch those who hurt america? (THIS IS BS!)

Another:

The police find out Billy Jo plans to kill her brother, Bobby Jo.
Police find Billy Jo, but she pulls out a gun, refusing to be captured.

Police shoot Billy Jo, to protect themselves, and to ultimately protect Bobby Jo.

Police acted correctly, they get rewarded for thier quick thinking.

Now... Try it in an international situation.

America finds out others are planning to attack the US.
America tries to find them, most  resist, using force.
Americans shoot to protect themselves, and sadly, some civilians get killed.

Again, america is wrong.. and again, it's a load of BS.

Would you rather the above senarios happened like this :

Police find out Homer Simpson is planning to kill your XxXxX (wife, hubby, kid, sister, mother, whatever).  
Instead of stopping Homer, they're afraid they civilians could get caught in the cross fire.. so they do nothing.
a week later, homer murders XxXxX.

Or, again.. an international senario.

After 9-11, America finds out Taliban is planning to strike again.
Fearing civi deaths, they do nothing.
A week later, a nuke goes off in LA.

Now, America is wrong.. because they did nothing to protect the few million people killed in the blast.

I use to be against this war... until the day i sat down and realized that the entire thing is to protect YOU AND ME.

Crap happens in war. Innocent people get killed. While this is a bad thing, it's also unavoidable. Civilian casualties have always been a part of war, and they always will be. It's a fact of life that people need to get over.

*IF* another attack were to happen on US soil, something major that dwarfs 9-11, I'd love to see everyone still sing and dance the peace song. And it's not just the US.. what if LONDON were the target next time? would people from the UK still think this is all for nothing?

People have no will to be patriotic anymore... Hell, after the bombing of pearl harbor, American citizens were one minded. REVENGE.. and this lasted for years After 9-11.. yea, a lot of people hung american flags.. but quickly, they became nothing more then sunbleached rags on sticks.  

To the people who watched 9-11 over CNN, and never really felt anything more then a minor patriotic beltch, you can't understand the amount of rage and hatred that flares through your system when your sitting at home, praying the person on the other end of the phone is about to bring your world down.

I was lucky.. the person i was worried about was stuck in traffic a few blocks away when the first plane hit.  But the rage has never subsided.   And my rage isn't pointed at any person from the the middle east, don't get me wrong.. I have a number of friends who have moved here from Sudan, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc.
My feeling are toward the people who have sworn to inflict pain on this country, and her people.

(To the Mods.. I know, when a topic gets to this point, it's usually deleted. But this is something that SHOULD be discussed. I know, a lot of **** will be thrown, but if people are truly against everything I've stated in this post, I'd really like to hear it.-)

Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin, Speaking on Gun control

--‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts  — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’ — Abraham Lincoln

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users