Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

YUMMY,YUMMY...I GOT FOOD IN MY TUMMY....:D

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#16    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

cool.....that sounds yummmm.....but iv'e never heard of pot pie squares.............god damn i hate this different country lingo,lol.......i have no doubt we have them......just under a different name....cheers!!!!

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

#17    _Nyx_

_Nyx_

Forum Divinity

• Closed
  • 11,262 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 12:57 AM

Pot Pie Squares

I've only ever seen them here in PA...and not every store carries them. I'm sure we're not the only ones that use them, though... :lol:

#18    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:00 AM

LOL.....now my sweet tooth is kicking in...............................

APPLE CRUMBLE!!!

5 cooking apples
3 cloves
1/2 fresh orange juice......if from the bottle.....make sure no sugar added
1/2 plain flour
1 1/2 tbs butter or margarine
90gms un toasted muesli
2 tbs raw sugar

pre heat oven to 180c...spray a medium oven proof dish with cooking oil
peel,core and slice the apples...place in oven dish with juice and cloves
place flour in bowl and rub butter in
stir in muesli and sugar...sprinkle mixture over apples and bake in oven for about an hour....until brown......

serve with fruit flavoured yoghurt or ice cream...............

The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!

#19    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:34 AM

BREAD AND JAM PUDDING!!!!!!!!

4 cups of milk
4 eggs
1tbs of vanilla essence
4 slices of fruit bread
2tbs of strawberry jam
cinnamon to taste

pre-heat oven to 180c....spray 4 individual oven proof dishes with non-stick cooking spray

combine the milk,eggs,sugar and essence in a mixing bowl...beat until frothy...pour evenly into prepared dishes......
spread both sides of beard with jam...cut into cubes
spread evenly onto the egg mixture and sprinkle with cinnamon
pour 1cm of water into a large baking pan and place the dishes inside

bake in the oven for about 50 minutes or until puddings are set...serve hot!!!!!!

#20    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:46 AM

this is my grandmothers recipe .......she gave me 2 variations

ANZAC BISCUITS!!!!!!!(THIS IS A TRADITIONAL AUSTRALIAN BISCUIT.....THAT MOTHERS AND WIVES MADE TO SEND TO OUT TROOPS WHILST IN GALLIPOLI!!!!                                                                              Gallipoli campaign

1 cup coconut
1 cup sugar
1 cup rolled oats
3/4 cup plain flour..........mix together

1 egg
melt 1/4 lb of butter
1 teaspoon honey
1 teaspoon bi-carb soda(baking soda)
1 teaspoon boiling water........mix together

pour c-soda and water into butter and honey and mix with dry ingredients.....mix well

cook 15-20 minutes  oven 180c or 350f

leave 5 to cool on rack

she put a note at the bottom.........i some times use S.R flour and 1 egg instead plain flour,carb soda and boiling water........

#21    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:29 AM

I love this dish.......and my family always ask me to make it when we get together for lunch......

it doesn't have a name,lol......
I'll call it creamy potatoes!!!!!!!

you don't have to peel the potatoes either.....your choice.........and it depends how many you have to feed as to how many potatoes you use.....the next day is even better once it's soaked in the cream over night.........i don't cook this a lot as it is very fattening.......and i don't want to clog my arteries......

8 potatoes
600ml carton of pure cream
as many cups of tasty cheese as you like
salt to taste
cracked pepper if you like
challots are nice sprinkled on top as you serve too

thin slices of bacon are also nice to add to this dish....

cut potatoes not to thin not to thick
fill a large baking dish...not too full....3/4 maybe
pour all the cream over......make sure it covers properly
put in 160-170c oven for an hour
put cheese on and bake till melted
let cool for 5-10 mins......gets very hot

i usually let people put there own amount of salt on

you can make this to go with many dishes..................

Edited by cluey, 19 February 2010 - 03:32 AM.

#22    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:40 AM

View Postrealmcutter, on 18 February 2010 - 11:40 PM, said:

I get nice, cold glass of 2% milk (cow milk) then i put in some Ness-quick chocolate powder and stir, the i put in hershey's chocolate syrup till the glass rises about half an inch, and i put in some swiss-miss choclate mix and stir. After about 2 minutes of good stiring I've got myself some triple-chocolate milk, or as i call it "have the ambulence on standby"

lmao!!!!....all i can picture is that episode from the simpsons when bart  has the pure syrup from the slushy machine,lol..................

#23    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,443 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 04:57 AM

View Postcluey, on 19 February 2010 - 12:14 AM, said:

CHICKEN IN PLUM SAUCE WITH FETTUCCINE!!!!!

I'm totally gonna try this next week. Sounds really good!

it doesn't have a name,lol......
I'll call it creamy potatoes!!!!!!!

In the USA, we call these Scalloped Potatoes. In the UK, I've always heard them called Potato Pennies. LOL

Edited by MissMelsWell, 19 February 2010 - 05:00 AM.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

#24    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 05:45 AM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 19 February 2010 - 04:57 AM, said:

I'm totally gonna try this next week. Sounds really good!

In the USA, we call these Scalloped Potatoes. In the UK, I've always heard them called Potato Pennies. LOL

lol..........i have heard that too.............im big on cream dishes,lol............love my fatty foods.........i put my own kinda spin to it.......the creamier the better.......and i just love fresh ground sea salt on it......mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......i  make my garlic prawn dish like that too............1/2 class of white wine......lots of cream..........................saru....you need to have an icon that's licking it's lips....Posted Image

#25    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 06:05 AM

i will add more recipes every day....i have soooo many..............my daughter just turned 4.....but i remember going to yum cha for my b/day when she was 1....she only just had 4 teeth......and she was sitting in her high chair........there was about 20 of us.......and she was happily chewing her deep fried squid...and anything that was put in front of her,lol.......she threw a tantrum while out shopping a while back...we passed the fish monger....and she saw all the king prawns......and she was like...........please mummy...please.....i want some.......then continued to throw her on the floor upset i wouldn't buy some for her...............my kids will eat fish,calamari,prawns.........literally anything thats tasty........that's what i have tried to instill in them.....the flavor of the food........god knows what my b/f use to eat before he met me,lol.......he has learnt to appreciate fine food.....he took me to lunch yesterday.......we had rack of lamb and a garlic prawn dish...some breads and sulsa and dips.....and a nice bottle of wine..........as you can tell...i do love my food....Posted Image

Edited by cluey, 19 February 2010 - 06:06 AM.

#26    tigger

tigger

Poltergeist

• 2,367 posts

• keeper of a greater magic... THE SCHWARTZ!

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:37 AM

a quick meal i make when i cant be fagged doing a lot is a satay chook dish.. i never really measure anything.. its all done with the eye-chrometer..

basically its one chook boozie sliced into thin strips.
one brown onion, cut in half moons
crushed ginger and garlic (as much or as little as you like)
fish sauce
one cube of palm sugar
crunchy peanut butter
1 tin of coconut cream
splash of sweet chilli sauce
splash of tobasco sauce
kaffir lime leaves

brown up the chook.. when cooked, throw in the onion and cook until clear (you dont want them over-cooked.. need a bit of crunch)
add in the tin of coconut cream, and let it heat through.
when heated, add a couple of table spoons of the peanut butter, mix it so it goes through the sauce, then add a good slurp of the sweet chilli sauce, and a couple of shakes of the tobasco, add in the palm sugar and fish sauce, you need to taste to make sure you have the balance of sweet and sour.. .. crush the lime leaves and throw into the mix.

depending on what you like to serve it with.. i sometimes go with rice, which ever rice you like.. i also use eggs noodles or angel hair noodles. you can also add what ever vegies you like.. snow peas are great, as is some spuds.

'What do you do if you step on a mine, Captain?'
'Well, the usual procedure is to leap 200 feet in the air and spread yourself over a wide area…'

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!

#27    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:16 PM

*mental note to self*....not to go to ST's so he can sweep me off my feet with toast for dinner,lol...............Posted Image

#28    ohio_traveler

ohio_traveler

Psychic Spy

• 1,864 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 01:52 PM

1. Put on pants
2. Turn on skillet
3. Put bacon in skillet
4. Eat bacon when crispy

#29    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• 2,080 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:02 PM

View Postclyde barrow, on 19 February 2010 - 01:52 PM, said:

1. Put on pants
2. Turn on skillet
3. Put bacon in skillet
4. Eat bacon when crispy

lmao!!!!.......sounds perfect.....what the hell's a skillet????????????

#30    Beckys_Mom

Beckys_Mom

Sarcastic Muppet..!

• 51,196 posts

• "I hate pretentious people. I mean, what is the point in applying exorbitantly extensive vocabulary, it is just straightforwardly unnecessary".

Posted 19 February 2010 - 03:48 PM

View Postcluey, on 19 February 2010 - 12:04 AM, said:

I love this recipe...........my mum makes it all the time............

SALMON AND ASPARAGUS(OR YOU CAN CRAB MEAT...TINNED OR FRESH)TART OR PIE....WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT!!
pastry~1 cup plain flour
1.4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tbs of butter
1 egg lightly beaten
1 tbs of cold water
10gms plain flour extra

FILLING
180gms canned red salmon..or fresh....drained and flaked
1 tsp of lemon juice
4 eggs lightly beaten
3/4 cup of buttermilk
1 tbs of fresh dill,chopped
12 spears of fresh asparagus.....or buy canned or fresh crab meat

sift flour and salt into a bowl,rub butter into mixture with fingers...till it resembles fine bread crumbs

stir in the egg adding cold water to form a dough......knead and wrap in gease proof paper and chill for 30 mins

using extra flour roll out pastry and line a 20cm flan tin...set aside in fridge...pre heat over to 200c

in medium bowl combine salmon,lemon juice,eggs,milk and dill...pour into pastry case

if using asparagus......arrange on the top bake for 45-50 mins...until set or brown on top.......

*BM in taking notes*....this one looks relly good....I'll give this one a go and see how it turns out... and report back  LOL

Cheers Cluey for this...i'll be going to joyt more down soon

this thread is a great idea

Posted ImageRAW Berris... Dare you enter?

If there's a heaven...I hope to hell I get there !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users