Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Saudi al Qaeda cell names new leader

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 20 June 2004 - 06:34 PM

I wonder if the new leader has any idea what he is in for?

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia announced Sunday that Saleh al-Oufi will replace slain leader Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin, according to the Islamist Web site where the group posts its messages.

Al-Oufi, a former prison guard, holds the number five spot on Saudi Arabia's list of 26 most wanted terrorists, although Saudi security sources told CNN that he lacks some of the operational experience of al-Muqrin, who was killed in a shoot-out with Saudi security after the murder of American hostage Paul Johnson.

Al-Muqrin's al Qaeda cell claimed responsibility for Johnson's June 12 kidnapping, then vowed on Tuesday to kill him if the Saudis did not release al Qaeda prisoners within 72 hours.

Chilling photographs of Johnson's head and body appeared Friday on the Islamist Web site Voice of Jihad. Hours later, Saudi security forces killed al-Muqrin and three other members of the cell and captured 12 more suspects.

Link

I know the drawing below is in regards to the Iraqi governing council, but somehow it seems to fit this story as well...
user posted image

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#2    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 20 June 2004 - 07:48 PM

With how fast they tracked Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin down after the conformation that they had killed the hostage, I think however they sent the message must have been traceable.... well done Saudi police forces original.gif

Here's hopeing the next one gets caught before he gets chance to do anything!

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#3    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 14,465 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:14 PM

With how fast they tracked Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin down after the conformation that they had killed the hostage, I think however they sent the message must have been traceable.... well done Saudi police forces

While I am thankful that the Saudi Royal Family is seemingly doing something about the ongoing terrorist problem in their kingdom, I am somewhat skeptical about their commitedness to the fight.   I simply do not trust the Royal Family.
I think they themselves are knee-deep into the whole terrorist funding apparatise and further more I think the latest 'sweep' against terrorism in their country has been  brought about with  a forceful push from  the Whitehouse. I.e.  ....Remember the Bush doctrine fellows?  You are next on the list if you don't deal with your own problems....etc.....

I always heard that you could leave a wallet full of money on any street corner of the Kingdom and go back the next day to find it right where you left it.  I always heard that there was virtually no crime in S.A.   How can this be true and terrorism running rampant without the Royal Families knowledge.  Isn't S.A. a dictatorship run by the Royal Family?

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#4    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 20 June 2004 - 08:20 PM

I think that yet again you can't see past your own prejudice to get near to having a clue!

This situation stands a more than good chance of toppling their power base.... they have a vested self interest in dealing with it without your tin-pot dictator president sticking his oar in!

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#5    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:07 PM

This situation stands a more than good chance of toppling their power base.... they have a vested self interest in dealing with it without your tin-pot dictator president sticking his oar in!

I trust President Bush far more than I am willing to trust the Saudi Royal Family. whistling2.gif  

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#6    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:30 PM

This situation stands a more than good chance of toppling their power base.... they have a vested self interest in dealing with it

Spot on Fenris.

The Saudi Royal Family are more at threat from Al Qu'ida than the US or any other Western State.

This is one of the principal driving forces for Osama, overthrowing the House of Saud; maybe if we hadn't wasted the best part of 18 months pratting about in Iraq and got on with the real job of tracking these nutjobs down, many of whom are operating out of Saudi Arabia, Western workers wouldn't keep waking up with no place to put their hats.

Joc, your ignorance over the situation over there knows no bounds; the Saudi Royal family number the tens of thousands and control every top position in the country, as well as the positions of Foreign Ambassadors throughout the World.

They hold sway over a nation who dispises them, mainly for their pro-Western stance - the Royal family also spend billions on British and US weapons every year and are probably the best customers we have.

Maybe you should start dipping into that liberal media you dispise so much mate, because that right wing crap you read really hasn't got a clue.

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#7    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 20 June 2004 - 09:30 PM

Quote joc:
I trust President Bush far more than I am willing to trust the Saudi Royal Family

Well DUH, you would... And I'm sure you'd be first in line to join his version of the Gestapo too... you have the required attitude! tongue.gif

Edited by Fenris, 20 June 2004 - 09:31 PM.

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#8    bathory

bathory

Alien Abducter

• 5,302 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 05:11 AM

ummmm why would Jocs 'racist' feelings towards the saudis somehow have anything to do with Bush when afaik Bush is pretty tight with the royal family?

#9    gollum

gollum

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

• CHE GUEVARA
    "La Revolucion De La Gente Cubana"

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:21 AM

Joc, I read somewhere on this forum that you have a huge flag-pole outside your front door on your lawn....... over compensating for something are you? whistling2.gif  wink2.gif  

Two hundred pounds? I'm not trying to buy cocaine!

Dougal: Oho, Ted, the Italians know about football, all right. And fashion. God Ted, do you remember that man who was so good at fashion, they had to shoot him?

Come here and play online chess @ Gameknot!

#10    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 08:28 AM

QUOTE (bathory @ Jun 21 2004, 06:11 AM)
ummmm why would Jocs 'racist' feelings towards the saudis somehow have anything to do with Bush when afaik Bush is pretty tight with the royal family?

Bush may 'be tight' with the Saud family, but his arogant assumption that he has some sort of right to impose American values on the rest of the world (Including the arab nations) ties in well with the attitudes shown here by joc

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#11    joc

joc

• 14,465 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:15 AM

Bush may 'be tight' with the Saud family, but his arogant assumption that he has some sort of right to impose American values on the rest of the world (Including the arab nations) ties in well with the attitudes shown here by joc

Exactly what American values is Bush imposing on the rest of the world?  Surely you are not suggesting that it is arrogant to impose Freedom on the rest of the world ohmy.gif   Sorry guys we didn't know what we were doing when we liberated you.  Here is Saddam back...happy now?  Good!

Posted Image

ReverbNation

#12    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:50 AM

A lot of Americans have huge flag poles on their front lawn outside their front door, gollum. That's what Americans do. What do your countrymen do?

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation"

Henry David Thoreau...

#13    Mekorig

Mekorig

Government Agent

• 3,577 posts

• A Lithium flower about to bloom

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:54 AM

i my country no one to that.....maybe some flag or something......we are patriotics whit facts, no patrioidiotics.

Im an evil pinko UN slave liberal commie

I don't think any of these "The Vague Society of Nebulous Meanies are going to take over the world and light up a planet" theories worry too much about practical considerations like that. It's all about rousing ill-informed, paranoiac fear, not making sense.

--Jaylemurph

Posted Image

#14    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

• "Truth will first be ridiculed, then violently opposed, and finally accepted as self-evident" A. Schopenhauer 1788-1860

Posted 22 June 2004 - 03:59 AM

Stamford wrote:

Maybe you should start dipping into that liberal media you despise so much mate because that right wing crap you read really hasn't got a clue.

Latest from CNN... liberal media, that I listen to. Question of the day...

Can you trust the Saudis?    Poll says.... "NO"

....interesting, uh.

Henry David Thoreau...

#15    Babs

Babs

Alien Abducter

• 4,663 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 04:10 AM

Mekorig...you floor me. abduct.gif  wiggle.gif  

Henry David Thoreau...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users