Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Iraqi Officer Tied to Al Qaeda - 9/11 Commissioner

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1    DC09

DC09

Poltergeist

• 2,458 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:22 AM

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks has been told "a very prominent member" of al Qaeda served as an officer in Saddam Hussein's militia, a panel member said on Sunday.

Republican commissioner John Lehman told NBC's "Meet the Press" program that the new intelligence, if proven true, buttresses claims by the Bush administration of ties between Iraq and the militant network believed responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks on America.

"We are now in the process of getting this latest intelligence," Lehman said.

Commission Chairman Thomas Kean urged the administration to make any such information available to the panel quickly.

"Obviously, if there is any information (that) has to do with the subject of the report, we need it, and we need it pretty fast," Kean said on ABC's "This Week" program. "We'll ask for it and see."

He said the final report would be modified to take any new intelligence into account.

Lehman said the information, contained in "captured documents," was obtained after the commission report was written that stated there was no evidence of a "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda.

"Some of these documents indicate that (there was) at least one officer of Saddam's Fedayeen, a lieutenant colonel, who was a very prominent member of al Qaeda," Lehman said.

Full Article

#2    Fenris

Fenris

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

• most grimley fiendish wabbithunting elfieblush making member of the Six Worst Men of the Apfelschnaps.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:26 AM

Lehman said the information, contained in "captured documents," was obtained after the commission report was written that stated there was no evidence of a "collaborative relationship" between Iraq and al Qaeda.

What took them so long to 'find' these documents? Did they have to wait for the ink to dry?

In the dead of night
A shimmewin' wight
Gweem of a bwade
And dah devew was paid
When dah axe comes down
A chiwin' sound
Steel hits da head
Anothaw wabbit's dead
I'm a wabbit swayer
A guitaw pwayaw
With a nasty habbit

Kill dah wabbit!!! (hah hah hah)
AhhhaahooOhhh

I'm a mean mistweetah
A wabbit feastah
And I pwedict
A bwoody Eastaw
A scuwowing shadow
And dah shadow was dis wabbit
And dah night air echoes
Kill dah wabbit!!!
Kill dah wabbit!!!

#3    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 13,107 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:24 AM

What took them so long to 'find' these documents? Did they have to wait for the ink to dry?

Suggesting they were forged?  Tsk, Tsk! tongue.gif  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#4    BurnSide

BurnSide

Through the Looking Glass

• 25,390 posts

• “Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you.”

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:32 AM

Still looking for that non-existing link are they? *sigh*

#5    joc

joc

Adminstrator of Cosmic Blues

• 13,107 posts

• They're wearing steel that's bright and true
    They carry news that must get through
    They choose the path where no-one goes

Posted 21 June 2004 - 01:59 AM

Al Queda was in Florida, but they weren't in Iraq. tongue.gif    Yeah, right wacko.gif  

Posted Image
once i believed that starlight could guide me home
now i know that light is old and stars are cold

ReverbNation

#6    Falco Rex

Falco Rex

The Winged Avenger

• 4,702 posts

• I'll write something pithy here later, for now just use it to advertise your band.

Posted 21 June 2004 - 04:49 AM

But were they in Florida with the governments permission? Then why automatically assume they had it in Iraq? Just because they had people there doesn't mean official government sanction..

#7    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 21 June 2004 - 09:36 AM

QUOTE (joc @ Jun 20 2004, 06:59 PM)
Al Queda was in Florida, but they weren't in Iraq. tongue.gif    Yeah, right wacko.gif

Let's go ahead and liberate Florida...it seems to have worked in Iraq....

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

#8    wunarmdscissor

wunarmdscissor

Majestic 12 Operative

• 5,761 posts

• come on the hoops

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:01 PM

Let's go ahead and liberate Florida...it seems to have worked in Iraq....

HA lol good one fluffy

Stand up for the Champions
'MON the tic an tiocfaidh ar-la

saorsa na h-alba

#9    Stamford

Stamford

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

• Here's to better days

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:04 PM

Let's go ahead and liberate Florida

Fluffy, if Florida is liberated, will that mean that they will be able to add up votes correctly during the next election?  whistling2.gif  

"The future's uncertain and the end is always near."

Jim Morrison

"When you laugh about people, so very, very lonely their only desire is to die, well I'm afraid it doesn't make me smile. I wish I could laugh. But that joke isn't funny anymore, it's too close to home and it's too near the bone... "

The Smiths

#10    Erikl

Erikl

Alien Abducter

• 4,524 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:16 PM

Fluffy, if Florida is liberated, will that mean that they will be able to add up votes correctly during the next election? 

LOL  laugh.gif  

Posted Image

"We live in a world where when Christians kill Muslims, it's a crusade; When Jews kill Muslims, it's a massacre; When Muslims kill Muslims, it's the weather channel. Nobody cares"

#11    Fluffybunny

Fluffybunny

Forum Divinity

• 14,136 posts

• "Of all the tyrannies that affect mankind, tyranny in religion is the worst."
    Thomas Paine

Posted 21 June 2004 - 12:35 PM

QUOTE (Stamford @ Jun 21 2004, 05:04 AM)
Fluffy, if Florida is liberated, will that mean that they will be able to add up votes correctly during the next election?  whistling2.gif

I would guess that depends on who is running for president...

Too many people on both sides of the spectrum have fallen into this mentality that a full one half of the country are the enemy for having different beliefs...in a country based on freedom of expression. It is this infighting that allows the focus to be taken away from "we the people" being able to watch, and have control over government corruption and ineptitude that is running rampant in our leadership.

People should be working towards fixing problems, not creating them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users