Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Called by 000-000-0000

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16    Maelstrom5

Maelstrom5

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 06:22 PM

View PostMissMelsWell, on 04 March 2010 - 07:34 PM, said:

What happened to you is TOTALLY illegal, and your State Attorney General should be notified so they can open an investigation. And, depending on what state you're in... it might be illegal for a "robocaller" or even an autodialer to call your phone (cell or land line) at all. I know it's illegal in my state. Yep, it would be a good thing for you to write to your Atty Gen.

Thanks for your reply - this same thing had occurred to me, but I was using one of those pay-as-you-go phones at the time (where you buy minutes with your bankcard or boost card), so I never had a mailed bill, per se. I called Verizon several times and viewed my phone number's records online, but the "000" number that called never showed up. The $9.99 was just listed as a flat charge. Verizon thought I ordered a ringtone or downloaded something online (my pay-as-you-go plan included data as well), and so there was no way I could prove it without a paper trail. I changed the number finally, and then got rid of the pay-as-you-go plan a couple of months later. I then got a regular plan set up. There haven't been any more calls like that on my new phone, but just to be sure, I blocked all 1-800 numbers to prevent this from happening again. I normally ignore numbers I don't recognize if they call me, but what got me about this one was that I was charged even though it went to voicemail.

#17    Norbert Dentressangle

Norbert Dentressangle

Convoi exceptionnel

• 26,099 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 17 March 2010 - 02:28 PM

This literally happened just a moment ago. It was a good job I remembered this thread, or I'd have been worried it was someone sinister doing somthing sinister, such as the authorities.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

:cat:

#18    Odds

Odds

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

• -Never judge a man till you've walked a mile in his shoes... After that, who cares. Your a mile away and you have his shoes. -

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

Yeah there is alot of freeware available for that. Just don't pick up, no one with good intentions would use it.

~Today's mighty Oak is just yesterdays nut that held it's ground~

#19    pallidin

pallidin

Telekinetic

• 7,596 posts

• "When life gets you down... swim with a dolphin"

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Yeah. I've never had that phone # come in(000-000-0000) but I have had other weird one's.

Good heads-up on that one, though.

#20    coolguy

coolguy

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

• Star trek rules

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:00 AM

Yes I got this call yesterday 000-000-0000.i did not pick it up I had the ringer off.
Maybe a credit card company

#21    StarMountainKid

StarMountainKid

Cheese

• 4,507 posts

• We have problems because we stray from what is innocent and pure.

Posted 20 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

Someone keeps getting 000-000-000 calls in the middle of the night and there's weird static noise, starts to get frightened, could be the beginning of a scary horror movie.

The acceptance of authority does not lead to intelligence.
A mind untouched by thought...the end of knowledge.
To see reality loose your opinions.

#22    ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

ImmortalSupernaturalAlien

Xenomorph Queen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,465 posts

• Aliens. Aliens everywhere.

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

Yes I have, a couple of times. But I dont really remember if it ever had static or just hung up quickly.

I think my hubby also received these strange calls too.

#23    third_eye

third_eye

_ M Ġ ń Ř Ī Ş_

• 8,862 posts

• "Legio nomen mihi est, quia multi sumus"

God has no religion ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Posted Image

If it was meowing on the other end ... its this fella that wants to have a word ...

the cats have reported you to the Intergalactic High Council of Feline Abuse Board

`

~

third_eye ' s cavern ~ bring own beer

~

#24    Ugly1

Ugly1

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 568 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:02 AM

There are  hearing impaired services for people to make calls via online chat through a 3rd party person speaking. I used this one time for a connection and when I did that my buddy said the operators number showed up at 000-000-0000 and it freaked him out pretty good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users