Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

A few interesting Bible facts...

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#31    Fox_Mulder

Fox_Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

• Itís not paranoia when youíre right.

Posted 11 July 2004 - 06:52 PM

This might sound really stupid, and I might be stupid for reference something to an anime, but has anyone ever sen Evangelion?

There is an angel named "Lilith" and the other is "Adam". I was always curious about why there was no "Eve" but a "Lilith" in that anime since it was referenced to God/Heaven/Angels and what not.

But it all makes sense now...Thanks FreyKade.

Is it possible that you have a link to those those facts or anything? I'd be interested in reading them.

Also, one more thing, for everyone. ((Kinda off topic)) But supposedly Jesus married a woman named Mary M-something. Can never remember the last name. And supposedly there was some pages or a book about it, that they never put forth in fear that it may ruin Jesus' image. Anyone know anything about that? Or could give me some info, I'm curious about it.

Thanks.

#32    Burgundy Johnson

Burgundy Johnson

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 522 posts

Posted 11 July 2004 - 11:35 PM

I'm sure that many Christians often cringe in being reminded with constant proof that "in the name of God" has been used for some horrific genocides on humanity (i.e. Native Americans, Islam, Hinduism, and primal religions). That is the main reason as to why Christians currently are the largest religious group in the world.

actually, i do beleive islam is the largest populated religion in the world right now, and still growing.

#33    Cradle of Fish

Cradle of Fish

Alien Abducter

• 4,583 posts

• "He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Dr. Johnson

Posted 12 July 2004 - 11:15 AM

Lilith was the first wife of Adam, but cos she was made from mud she only gave birth to evil spirits, so she left the garden to join Satan.

After that, Yahweh made Eve out of Adams ribs.

Lilith went on to become the Queen of the Night.

Jesus Christ didnt marry Mary Magdalin I dont believe, but she was a whore who travelled with Jesus I think.

(she is in the Passion of the Christ, the younger woman that follows Jesus around)

I am not a man, merely a parody of one.

#34    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 17 July 2004 - 11:26 PM

blink.gif

NXT2HVN!!!! I just left for a while and look at what i found here!!!  po.gif  po.gif  po.gif

whistling2.gif

Adam tried to couple with the female animals? LOL never heard that before..but for some reason..I find it quite hilarious.

Now i understand why the story of Lilith is not included in the bible laugh.gif

Religious books are, by definition, nothing more than mythology. Mythology is religious stories that have no secular or scientific backing.

Well.. religious books are much more than just myths.

Greatest work of fiction ever written.

i think i would give the credit to the Mahabharata wink2.gif

actually, i do beleive islam is the largest populated religion in the world right now, and still growing.

The last time i checked, christianity is the world's largest, but islam is the world's fastest growing major religion (smaller religions usualy grows even faster)

#35    Wings of Selkhet

Wings of Selkhet

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

• Love is a snowmobile racing across the tundra and then suddenly it flips over, pinning you underneath. At night, the ice weasels come. - Matt Groening

Posted 18 July 2004 - 01:56 PM

Also, one more thing, for everyone. ((Kinda off topic)) But supposedly Jesus married a woman named Mary M-something. Can never remember the last name. And supposedly there was some pages or a book about it, that they never put forth in fear that it may ruin Jesus' image. Anyone know anything about that? Or could give me some info, I'm curious about it.

You mean Mary Magdalene? Hmm. I don't know about that, but here's what I can say about Jesus: In Jesus' time, it was standard for rabbis to marry (he was Jewish, after all) and have children. So I wouldn't be surprised if he did.  

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

- ee cummings

#36    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 18 July 2004 - 03:50 PM

The Mary Magdalene as Jesus' wife is just a speculation. There is no evidence, not even clue. The traditional view is that Mary Magdalene is a prostitute, however this is also another speculation. She was definitely one of Jesus' disciple, but not necesarily an apostle, although some people think that she was. Also there is a book called the Gospel of Mary which put some credibility to this theory.

#37    FreyKade

FreyKade

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 20 July 2004 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (PsychicPenguin @ Jul 18 2004, 12:26 AM)

Adam tried to couple with the female animals? LOL never heard that before..but for some reason..I find it quite hilarious.

Now i understand why the story of Lilith is not included in the bible laugh.gif

give them a bad name if it were included...would the religion have grown as much if there were elements of beastiality in it...i wouldnt have thought it would....maybe the took it out because it dont sell...

"isn't that intresting Dave, i mean every step you take down that chain, takes you one step further from your imagination"

i said
"you're right! youre a bit of a hippy, but you're right"
- Dave Gorman

"Wanna buy some pegs Dave?"
"I got some pegs belonging to you"
- Papa Lazarou

#38    PsychicPenguin

PsychicPenguin

Psychic Spy

• 1,428 posts

Posted 21 July 2004 - 07:52 PM

maybe the took it out because it dont sell...

i prefer the sentence " they didn't put it in because it does not teach the right thing." wink2.gif

#39    Fox_Mulder

Fox_Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 02:22 AM

Ahhh.... Thanks you guys for the info.

If I mention to people that some believe he had a wife, they all blow up at me. I don't see anything wrong with him having a wife. He was born a man and thus was susceptible to earthly things.

If he were my saviour, I wouldn't have a problem with this. So please, what is the big deal, per se, if it were true, would you think of him any less? I don't think anyone would. People want to paint the perfect picture of Jesus, but I really don't think that's possible. He was born man, sure he was enlightened, more knowlegeable and the Son of God, but man nonetheless.

Does this mean he cannot love? Of course not. Did God say unto him that he should not partake into earthly pleasures? No. If it does, I have not read it, please point it out to me.

Oh and one more thing:

In Jesus' time, it was standard for rabbis to marry (he was Jewish, after all) and have children.

Jesus was Jewish. What's all this Christinanity/Catholic busniess? Some please explain? Seriously. Not trying to condemn anyone, I'm curious.

Ah, I'm rambling, I'm sorry. Thanks guys.

Edited by Fox_Mulder, 22 July 2004 - 02:26 AM.

#40    DarkAnubis

DarkAnubis

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 73 posts

• do you really wanna risk it?

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:40 PM

some people actually believe that Jesus did get married and possibly have children, but it is a church conspiracy and they are hiding it from the public....i really wouldn't understand why, big deal he had some kids....it could give people hope....a new slogan "Cuz remember, you may have some Jesus in you"

Posted Image

#41    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 22 July 2004 - 06:50 PM

Damn... there was some things i wanted to say but I missed them while away and its too late for it now I suppose.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#42    Fox_Mulder

Fox_Mulder

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 11:55 PM

*chuckles* That's true Anubis. But then that would probably bring about a lot more racial issues...

#43    Fairie

Fairie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• I am a practical methodology!

Posted 24 July 2004 - 12:21 AM

My favourite bible fact is something that my RE teacher told my class when we were about 12.
You know at the end of 'Stigmata' it talks about one of the dead sea scrolls that was known as 'the Gospel of Thomas' and is now apparentlly denounced as heresy by the Vatican?
Well anywho, apparently in said Gospel, Jesus gets mad at someone and kills them on the spot, with his eyes. disgust.gif
Please someone explain why the Vatican would hide this! Lasar-vision Jesus!! I want one, more than a Buddy Christ! thumbsup.gif

Oh brave new world that has such creatures in it!
"You can knock, you can rock it, you can go to Timbuctoo, but you'll never find a Nessie in the Zoo!"
*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

#44    Stellar

Stellar

Forum Divinity

• 14,868 posts

• The objective of war is not to die for your country. It's to make the other son of a b**** die for his!
    -Patton

Posted 24 July 2004 - 11:48 AM

LOL

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."

----Seraphina

#45    Fairie

Fairie

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• I am a practical methodology!

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:27 PM

I just read through this entire thread and have to point out one major mistake, Moses did not write the pentateuch.
I learnt this in my first lesson of A-level RS, it was originally believed that he was the author, but that is blatantly impossible, since he was dead before the end of Exodus, so how on earth could he write deuteronomy, leviticus and numbers from beyond the grave. Even for Moses, that's just silly! wacko.gif

Also, the bible wasn't actually written down until about 900 BC before that it was simply spread by word of mouth. From 900 BC onwards various groups of people wrote down the stories they knew and over time they merged to form the complete bible. That's why there are two accounts of certain events, such as the death of Saul.

Oh brave new world that has such creatures in it!
"You can knock, you can rock it, you can go to Timbuctoo, but you'll never find a Nessie in the Zoo!"
*Signature removed, exceeds permitted size guidelines - Click Here for details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users