Jump to content




Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.


* * * * * 3 votes

Why Nobody Gives You A Reading


  • Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46    ZaraKitty

ZaraKitty

    Psychic Spy

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,202 posts
  • Joined:10 Mar 2012
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Australia

  • I can see it in their eyes, they've already died.

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:42 AM

I'm still waiting for people to get back to me on my readings! Damn noobs.

The internet is a series of tubes, and those tubes are full of cats.

#47    bLu3 de 3n3rgy

bLu3 de 3n3rgy

    sit vis vobiscum

  • Member
  • 11,987 posts
  • Joined:22 Apr 2006
  • Gender:Female

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:51 PM

Tip 1: Readings threads - When posting in this section of the forum, indicate clearly that it is a reading you want in the title. This will not only get the attention of a reader quicker, it will prevent random/garbage fly by postings which have little to no relevance to your thread. Don't be afraid to hit the report button on any such posts, as in the psychic readings forum, threads work differently and derailing other peoples request threads is heavily frowned upon.

Tip 2. Reading requests - If you want to request a reading always make your own thread. Posting in someone else's thread is heavily frowned upon and you will be asked to make your thread. Only time this is not required is when requesting a reading in a readers own open readings thread.

Tip 3: Advice threads -  If you are looking for advice on something and want to hear from those of a psychic perspective / reading only, make that clear also. If you are just wanting general advice, then consider that there are other areas of the site which you can post in as well. Either in the General forum or the Philosophy and Psychology forum. If your thread turns into a general advice thread or is not clear in what kind of advice is wanted, it may well be moved out of this forum and to more general discussion based forum.

Tip 4 - Feedback - If you have received a reading, please leave feedback. There is no quicker way to be ignored by a reader if you become known for not leaving feedback. It is a simple code of Etiquette that if someone has given their free time and energy to you,  that you give something back in return.

The Astral Projection Techniques Thread Here
*Golden rule, anything you extract, fill with light -- the universe doesn't like voids to be left.
Posted Image

#48    chrystal0121

chrystal0121

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Joined:03 Sep 2012
  • Gender:Female

Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:50 PM

hi everyone i stumbled across this site and found the subject very interesting , i am also a tarot reader, i use to read on spiritualist stages and i also read normal playing cards, sounds weird about the playing cards but thats how i actually started off, i actually got a better accurate reading with them more detailed and to the point, i cant though read palms or a chrystal ball,i never actually realised till years later whilst i was visiting my nan that she to could do the same but she could do alot more then i could.
i have had a couple of tarot packs in the past which i just couldnt bond with, a tarot reader and there cards need to have a special connection otherwise the reading will be mixed and not that good, also they should be passed to you and not actually bought with your own money,[this was a friendly warning from my nan ] along with never charge for a reading just ask for a gift, [ apparently asking for money is greed ] in all the years i have read the tarot i have never asked for anything , just a gift of any sort, i to have had the odd people who i just cant get a reading from this could be because of a number of reasons like they have blocked me or they are protected in some way like an amulet or pendant there is the odd amulets that can put a block up, or it sometimes just does not feel right to read for that person at that time, its been a while since i did a full reading this was my own choice after i was passed down a set of aleister Crowley cards i did really warm to those cards when i first got them, the readings was to my knowledge good but strangely i never remembered any reading only was told after, i just felt drained and tired when it was complete,  but after a while when i had done any reading i noticed arguments for up to 3 days straight after with my self and my partner, every reading i did this happened with, so i chose not to read from them again though i would never part with them i now use them as a protector for my home , has any body else ever experienced anything like that with there cards.


#49    SecondCia

SecondCia

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:15 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:US

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:31 AM

I tend to give a deeper, more personalized reading when I don't have a direct question. I just "go" and hope the person receiving the reading is taking notes :)


#50    Asadora

Asadora

    Astral Projection

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Joined:06 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:TN -> Leeds, UK

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:02 AM

Sometimes too much information is simply too much.

Great thread you guys. ;)

"From time to time there appear on the face of the earth men of rare and consummate excellence, who dazzle us by their virtue, and whose outstanding qualities shed a stupendous light. Like those extraordinary stars of whose origins we are ignorant, and of whose fate, once they have vanished, we know even less, such men have neither forebears nor descendants: they are the whole of their race."  -- Jean de la Bruyere 1645-1696.

#51    SecondCia

SecondCia

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:15 Jan 2013
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:US

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

I get uncomfortable when I am pressured for a reading. It is one reason why I do not inform people that I have the ability.


#52    Krisyn

Krisyn

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
  • Joined:03 Feb 2008
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:In my mind

  • Whose truth, what truth, truth's truth?
    Litton

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM

If you cannot give a reading for ANY reason, you simply let the person requesting one that the reading isn't possible at this time. Please do not simply ignore the person with no response, as it makes you seem to be making false claims.



  The universe is not only stranger than we imagine, it is stranger than we can imagine.
                                 Haldane

#53    Leah G.

Leah G.

    Poltergeist

  • Member
  • 2,966 posts
  • Joined:03 Nov 2008
  • Gender:Not Selected
  • Location:U.S.A.

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

View PostKrisyn, on 15 January 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

If you cannot give a reading for ANY reason, you simply let the person requesting one that the reading isn't possible at this time. Please do not simply ignore the person with no response, as it makes you seem to be making false claims.
I agree but people also have to realize how disheartening it is when you spend the time to do a reading for someone and they never give you feed back, even if it's bad, they should give feed back, it's the only way we grow and learn. And no psychic is right 100% of the time. To expect that is unreasonable, we only see one path out of many.


#54    Monk of Space

Monk of Space

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined:28 Jan 2013

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

as a newbie this helps alot. thank you ;u;/ im alsways sigh about putting my name and face some where becuase of how much power i believe such things hold.


#55    Kassekoe99

Kassekoe99

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 92 posts
  • Joined:02 Dec 2012
  • Gender:Female

  • I say what I mean and I mean what I say. Nothing more and nothing less.

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:44 PM

Being new to this site, I want to say thank you for this post. I never considered that a reading could be done here. I have many ares of this site yet to explore. I find it interesting that you can request a reading for free. I would think that rude or selfish, just not right, but I guess if a reader offers services in a thread a free request is ok. I had a tarot reading at a Halloween party once. I did not ask a question, but did shuffle the cards. I was confused by the reading at the time, but took what she said to heart anyway. Two years later the reading is now clear to me. I cannot recall my readers name and do not know how to contact her. Even though I have not been read here, I would like to thank each of you who do free readings. Some may not appreciate your gift but I surely do.


#56    ORA ET LABORA

ORA ET LABORA

    Alien Embryo

  • Banned
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Joined:12 Mar 2013
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Brisbane, Australia

  • " Science is always discovering odd scraps of magical wisdom and making a tremendous fuss about its cleverness. "

    - Aleister Crowley

Posted 12 March 2013 - 09:35 AM

View Post1976jeanine, on 26 March 2010 - 03:09 PM, said:

Hi there everyone :)
I just saw this when I was browsing around and I wondered if it was ok if I asked a question?.... All I want to know is why is it sometimes when you go for a reading you get refused? My cards were laid out before at a reading and then the lady looked at me and said she would not read  my cards Posted Image I was a bit shocked but never found out if there was a particular reason as to why she wouldnt do it...If someone can just answer that for me as it has bothered me for some time now I would be really grateful xx



sometimes ....the cards show interference, in this case the read is dismissed


#57    brlesq1

brlesq1

    Fan Dancer

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts
  • Joined:22 Feb 2009
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:The Music Box

  • Reality is highly overrated.

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:30 PM

I've never asked for a reading on this site (too shy) but thanks for the good info.

Forget what they told you. You want the truth, follow the money.
In this life, things are much harder than in the afterworld. In this life, you're on your own.--Prince

#58    poohberries

poohberries

    Alien Embryo

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Joined:27 Mar 2015

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:40 PM

I am new here and I've already given a few readings and I am locked out of the readings offered. Why?


#59    She-ra

She-ra

    ~♥ Princess Of Power ♥~

  • Member
  • 13,875 posts
  • Joined:23 Jun 2007
  • Gender:Female

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:42 PM

View PostbLu3 de 3n3rgy, on 14 July 2012 - 08:51 PM, said:

Tip 1: Readings threads - When posting in this section of the forum, indicate clearly that it is a reading you want in the title. This will not only get the attention of a reader quicker, it will prevent random/garbage fly by postings which have little to no relevance to your thread. Don't be afraid to hit the report button on any such posts, as in the psychic readings forum, threads work differently and derailing other peoples request threads is heavily frowned upon.

Tip 2. Reading requests - If you want to request a reading always make your own thread. Posting in someone else's thread is heavily frowned upon and you will be asked to make your thread. Only time this is not required is when requesting a reading in a readers own open readings thread.

Tip 3: Advice threads -  If you are looking for advice on something and want to hear from those of a psychic perspective / reading only, make that clear also. If you are just wanting general advice, then consider that there are other areas of the site which you can post in as well. Either in the General forum or the Philosophy and Psychology forum. If your thread turns into a general advice thread or is not clear in what kind of advice is wanted, it may well be moved out of this forum and to more general discussion based forum.

Tip 4 - Feedback - If you have received a reading, please leave feedback. There is no quicker way to be ignored by a reader if you become known for not leaving feedback. It is a simple code of Etiquette that if someone has given their free time and energy to you,  that you give something back in return.

View Postpoohberries, on 27 March 2015 - 09:40 PM, said:

I am new here and I've already given a few readings and I am locked out of the readings offered. Why?

Hi poohberries. I rarely see "readings" done on here anymore. A lot of the members that used to do them haven't been around in a long time. There still are members that I think do them but I'm really not sure. I've been back online here for only a couple months -so this is only based on those 2 months I've been on here again. This here posted in the quote above gives you some tips how to get the attention of someone able to do a reading for you. Once you post something it might take a day or two for anyone to reply depending on their schedules. So, I hope this helps you out a little bit :) Good luck to you.





0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users