Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 1 votes

[Merged] Dyatlov Pass incident

• Please log in to reply
208 replies to this topic

Poll: [Merged] Dyatlov Pass incident (156 member(s) have cast votes)

What happened to them?

1. Murder (9 votes [5.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

2. Alien Abduction (23 votes [14.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.74%

3. Bigfoot (4 votes [2.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.56%

4. Werewolves/Vampire /Skinwalkers (6 votes [3.85%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. Government Cover-up (29 votes [18.59%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.59%

6. Gang Attack (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. Supernatural Causes (21 votes [13.46%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.46%

8. Other (64 votes [41.03%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.03%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#196    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

• "The clever men at Oxford
    Know all that there is to be knowed.
    But they none of them know one half as much
    As intelligent Mr. Toad!"

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:57 PM

Hi Contrary. I couldn't find the translation, did you hyper-link it ?

What has always made me think in this bizarre case is the simple issue that something got them to leave the tent in a hurry, as previously mentioned. This is how it all started. And whatever it was scared them so much that they (1) cut the tent open (2) failed to dress and (3) whatever the culprit was supposedly left no tracks and (4) did not touch them at this time. A wild animal or crazy tribesman would have hurt them in the confines of the tent. Or if one of the party had suddenly lost their marbles (magic mushrooms, poisoned home-made vodka) and produced a knife, then we would have seen injuries.

But whatever this Thing was, it did not, and yet it still forced them to evacuate in a panick-stricken hurry. So, either something appeared in the tent or something outside frightened them, be it an avalanche, voice, noise, bright lights or flashing light in the sky. In my opinion though, none of the latter would have caused me to find a knife and cut a tent wall open in panic. I believe this could only have happened because something was IN THE TENT and they needed to get away from it in a great hurry (as an analogy : if an alien spaceship started flickering lights through my front windows I would either open the front door or the back door, depending on my mood, but I certainly would not crash through the back window. However, put an alien in the house with a green glowing gun and a crazy grin on his face though, and I most likely would take the nearest route out !!).

Then, whatever it was, made them stay away from the tent and then killed four of them in bizarre circumstances ? Strange sort of avalanche.....

There are many outlandish theories that can be considered, obviously, but ball lightening has always been a possibility for me - it's a very real, poorly misunderstood and very lethal phenomenon that has history. And ball lightening adores the conditions created by mountains. Brown Mountain lights anyone ?

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#197    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

View Postjesspy, on 16 June 2013 - 12:12 PM, said:

As mentioned maybe her tongue was bit off. If she wad one of the ones that fell in the ravine it might be possible she hit her head with enough force to have her teeth bite the tongue. It says the tongue was missing but it doesn't say how much was gone. It could have been half or the whole thing.

I say avalanche and hypothermia along with stupidity killed them.
Ludmila Dubinin's tounge was missing. The autopsy report does not say whether it was missing all the way to the root, but indicates this was the case by saying that her tounge was not in her mouth. She died of massive chest injuries that ruptured her heart. The injuries to her head are what may be expected if wild animals had been chewing her. It was not only her tounge missing, both eyes were gone and a lot of soft tissue around the cheeks, sufficient to expose bone, were missing and her upper left lip was gone. Her mouth would be open and tounge would be too good to miss for some animal. What caused the trauma to her chest is not known, but the other injuries are clearly the result of post mortem changes and the effects of wild animals. The Russian wiki has an autopsy report for all expedition members. English wiki has nothing. And I think it rather harsh to accuse them of stupidity when it is still not clear what happened........

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 16 June 2013 - 02:35 PM.

#198    Earl.Of.Trumps

Earl.Of.Trumps

Big C Survivor

• 1,903 posts

• One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to know when authority needs to be corrected | Hitchens, adapted

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:35 PM

So many people say that their death was caused by an avalanche, which is an idea that is totally laughable on more than one level.
Do you think the Soviet Army rescue team is so stupid they could not figure that out? Please! You're saying you know more tham they do, right? nice!!

here is a pic of what the Army found days after the incident.

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwEQ&dur=130

Clearly, there is not enough snow over the tent, which is visible, to make such a claim as "avalanche". That is bogus - please stop with the BS.

Further, very difficult to get "tanned" in the polar circle, dead of winter when you (some of) are burried under snow. It is also hard to get that tan on parts of the body that are not exposed. further, relatives said the color was more like orange, not tan.

Do you not believe the Soviet Army when they said (before the bodies were found and the coverup began) there was a high presence of radiation in the area?
the also siad there were indications that the people had gone blind - all signs of radiation posioning.

The tent was punctured by a sharp object from the inside, not out, yet there were no tracks - human, animal, vehicle, ski tracks, or any kind of tracks in the area so what were the occupants "fighting"??? What was out there that scared them so? why did they exit without all of their clothes? They obviously were frightened of something so badly it made them run for their life when exposure is surelly going to kill them before long.

The woman with her tongue ripped out - again, no animal tracks around. Good luck figuring it out unless your like the many in here that love listening to themselves make up BS on the fly.

Also, locals reported seeing large orange orbs flying in the area around that period of time and Soviet Migs were dispatched to the area over those reports.

Edited by Earl.Of.Trumps, 18 June 2013 - 06:39 PM.

"If you want to apologize to Jews for WWII, give them some of your land, not some of ours"

~ Mahmoud Ahmadinejad~

"It is easier to fool somebody than it is to convince them they've been fooled"   ~Mark Twain~

#199    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:07 PM

Ten noisy mountain fireballs.
When several mountain climbers reached the 3,900-to-4,000 meter altitude of the European Albus, intense electrical activity plagued them. When they raised their ice axes, sparks flew off. They climbed higher to 4,200 meters and took refuge from the storm in a house. A 25-meter-per-second wind gusted to 50 m/s. Looking out that early morning at two, one climber saw various-sized electric tongues of light blue fire hissing from every sharp steel protrusion of a building that lay in ruins just below the site. The taller protrusions had larger flames. Below the wreck, at 4,000 meters, lighting flashed. Ten large basketball-sized balls of orange fire flew randomly, despite the wind, in all directions and hissingly burst. All this they heard above the moaning wind.”

Excerpt from Paul Sagan's “Ball Lightning: Paradox Of Physics.

Some interesting similarities in the example above.........

A 1931 case of fireballs (or ball lightning) involved a girls dormitory in Tennessee, where a girl who was injured was convinced later in life that she had suffered radiation burns and radiation sickness. Page 231 of the same book mentioned above.

Edited by Macroramphosis, 18 June 2013 - 07:21 PM.

“You can't stay in your corner of the Forest waiting for others to come to you. You have to go to them sometimes.”

#200    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostEarl.Of.Trumps, on 18 June 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

So many people say that their death was caused by an avalanche, which is an idea that is totally laughable on more than one level.
Do you think the Soviet Army rescue team is so stupid they could not figure that out? Please! You're saying you know more tham they do, right? nice!!

here is a pic of what the Army found days after the incident.

http://www.google.co...Q9QEwEQ&dur=130

Clearly, there is not enough snow over the tent, which is visible, to make such a claim as "avalanche". That is bogus - please stop with the BS.

Further, very difficult to get "tanned" in the polar circle, dead of winter when you (some of) are burried under snow. It is also hard to get that tan on parts of the body that are not exposed. further, relatives said the color was more like orange, not tan.

Do you not believe the Soviet Army when they said (before the bodies were found and the coverup began) there was a high presence of radiation in the area?
the also siad there were indications that the people had gone blind - all signs of radiation posioning.

The tent was punctured by a sharp object from the inside, not out, yet there were no tracks - human, animal, vehicle, ski tracks, or any kind of tracks in the area so what were the occupants "fighting"??? What was out there that scared them so? why did they exit without all of their clothes? They obviously were frightened of something so badly it made them run for their life when exposure is surelly going to kill them before long.

The woman with her tongue ripped out - again, no animal tracks around. Good luck figuring it out unless your like the many in here that love listening to themselves make up BS on the fly.

Also, locals reported seeing large orange orbs flying in the area around that period of time and Soviet Migs were dispatched to the area over those reports.
Who is this addressed to? what are your sources? what is your expertise in this affair ? why is the photo you link to photoshopped? why are you not aware of the location?
It is about 200 km South of Arctic circle in the spot marked by red XPosted Image

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 18 June 2013 - 08:38 PM.

#201    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Just a random thought that occurred to me: if they had heard a countdown to a weapons test (unauthorized or covered-up), could that have gotten them to flee from the tent in a panic?

~

That being said, having read and watched about this case, I cannot believe an avalanche did this...

#202    Bavarian Raven

Bavarian Raven

Psychic Spy

• 1,416 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:47 AM

Just another note but it seems the lady that lost her tongue did so before she died...(they found significant quantities of blood in her stomach) so that would rule out scavengers...

#203    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 June 2013 - 03:47 AM, said:

Just another note but it seems the lady that lost her tongue did so before she died...(they found significant quantities of blood in her stomach) so that would rule out scavengers...
The autopsy report states that all the injuries to her head happened post mortem. She suffered large chest injuries that caused extensive internal bleeding, particulary because the heart right ventricle had a 4X4 cm hole ripped from it. No mention is made of blood in the stomach, though if there was, then it would not be surprising due to the massive injuries she had suffered in that area.

Here is the full autopsy report, Russian only, and without the photos.
https://sites.google...trupa-dubininoj

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 19 June 2013 - 08:19 AM.

#204    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

View PostBavarian Raven, on 19 June 2013 - 02:15 AM, said:

Just a random thought that occurred to me: if they had heard a countdown to a weapons test (unauthorized or covered-up), could that have gotten them to flee from the tent in a panic?

~

That being said, having read and watched about this case, I cannot believe an avalanche did this...
To hear any countdown they would have to be almost on top of a command post. However, they were under the flight path of rockets fired from Baikonur to the range at Novaya Zemlya island, but Baikonur is a very long way south of Dyatlov Pass, and anyway, there were no countdowns in those days. Countdowns were invented in 60s for American TV audiences. The orange lights seen in the sky at the time of the incident were later confirmed to be from R7 rocket fired from Baikonur. There are no records of any rocket failure, and at this distance in time there would be no reason to continue to cover up any failure. For instance, the R-16 "Nedelin" disaster, with about 126 deaths, was eventually revealed to the world. This disaster was far more terrible and embarrassing than anything that may have happened to Dyatlov expedition, so I cannot see any reason to continue hiding truth about that incident , if of course it was an R-7 crashing near them, but it wasn't, because we know it hit the target at Novaya Zemlya on that night.

#205    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

A word of caution, probably not needed, about anybody using google to translate the autopsy report. I did this to see how bad it may be and found errors of course, but one startling error that could cause real confusion, and another conspiracy.....  However, at the end of the first paragraph of section A is this word "обожены" This is a spelling error and should say "обожжены". обожены means "adoring" and google has translated it as "deified". The word that should have been used, обожжены is "burned" and refers to her pants/trousers that had also been ripped. If her pants had been deified it raises soooo many more questions.......

Edited by Tutankhaten-pasheri, 19 June 2013 - 03:57 PM.

#206    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 03:53 PM

What was burned, TP ?

#207    Tutankhaten-pasheri

Tutankhaten-pasheri

Buratinologist

• Banned
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostMacroramphosis, on 19 June 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

What was burned, TP ?
You probably read my post before I edited it. It was her trousers, ripped and burned in places. No mention of any burning to her body though.

#208    Macroramphosis

Macroramphosis

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 04:08 PM

Okay, no worries. Intriguing, though.....

#209    HMS Dreadnought

HMS Dreadnought

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

Ball lightning as an explanation seems quite plausible to myself, would explain a lot of the odd happenings.

Dear you guys. Words cannot express how much I hate you guys. As we fight our way northward into the great unknown, only that one thing remains certain: that I hate you guys with every tired muscle in my confederate body. We have taken Topeka and I must rally the men onward to Missouri. Because I will not stop until we have won it all, and you guys are my slaves. Because I hate you guys. I hate you guys so very very much. Yours, General Cartman Lee.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users