Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Problem with Ancient Civilizations and Floods

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1    Francisco Fidalgo

Francisco Fidalgo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

• If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

Before I get deep into my post, I wanna say hello to everyone. I'm a newbie here. I also apologize in advance for any bad grammar or mispeling because I don't speak english fluently but I'm working on it. I think I can make my points clear though.  :blush:

Megalithic Strutures like Puma Punku or the Pyramids make us question whether or not we were visited by aliens in the past or if it was just some ancient civilizations from many thousands years ago that were as advanced as we are nowadays, and somehow a cyclic cataclysmic event like the ones made famous by Mayan prophecies make them disappear from earth.

While I accept both theories, my only problem with this high tech ancient human civilizations is:

If they were that advanced, to the point that they could rival us in order to have air planes, electricity, highly advanced astronomical knowledge, skills and tools to build megalithic structures and what else seen in those ancient artifacts findings, its fair to suppose that such civilizations should have launched something into space in order to have such advanced astronomical knowledge.

Now a flood, or massive eruption, can vanish a couple billions humans from earth surface, but it cannot vanish stuff orbiting many miles above the surface.

If such civilizations existed and vanished from earth due to a cataclysmic event, were are their satellites?

#2    Ikki

Ikki

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Bibo cerevisiam, ergo sum.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

Since it makes no sense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures, I think the answer to your question would be that such a civilization never existed on Earth prior to ours. ;)

If the pyramid puilders and Tiwanakans and other such people had had the tech and abilities we do -- why don't we construct pyramids and megalithic buildings today?

Edited by Ikki, 28 March 2010 - 06:04 PM.

UM member marduk said:

Listen buddy the only thing the danish are experts on is lager.

"A knife stays sharp by applying friction at a slight angle on both sides of its edge, not by giving it moist kisses 24/7" - Abramelin, drunk

#3    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:28 PM

View PostIkki, on 28 March 2010 - 06:03 PM, said:

Since it makes no sense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures, I think the answer to your question would be that such a civilization never existed on Earth prior to ours. ;)

If the pyramid puilders and Tiwanakans and other such people had had the tech and abilities we do -- why don't we construct pyramids and megalithic buildings today?

... Because  . . it makes no $ense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures  ,if, they aren't important to them?

it could make sense , if, megalithic structures were important to us... as they were to them???

Edited by lightly, 28 March 2010 - 06:33 PM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#4    Ikki

Ikki

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

• Bibo cerevisiam, ergo sum.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:34 PM

View Postlightly, on 28 March 2010 - 06:28 PM, said:

... Because  . . it makes no $ense for technologically advanced civilizations to build megalithic structures
         ,if, they aren't important to them?
   it could make sense , if, megalithic structures were important to us... as they were to them???
But we don't build megalithic stuff today, because we have easier and better ways of building. If this ancient supercivilization was so advanced, we'd find structures of glass, metal, and concrete, NOT of stone. And, to put it bluntly, the stuff would have been better built than what we do find.

UM member marduk said:

Listen buddy the only thing the danish are experts on is lager.

"A knife stays sharp by applying friction at a slight angle on both sides of its edge, not by giving it moist kisses 24/7" - Abramelin, drunk

#5    cladking

cladking

Non-Corporeal Being

• 8,042 posts

• Tempus fugit.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:50 PM

Now days we put everything into very low earth orbits because
of the cost of attaining higher orbits.  The technology in these
satellites will be obsolete in only a few years anyway.  This
means our satellites will all be gone only a few years after we
stop launching them because these orbits decay rapidly in the
extremely thin "atmosphere".  I believe the oldest ione in orbit
is the Vangaurd from the late '50's but even this will come down
in the next couple decades.  One might consider Tranquility Base
a sort of satellite and it ain't going nowhere very soon.

The Bible says that the rainbow was a promise not to have another
flood. Perhaps this was meant as a sort of condemnation of Pagan
beliefs like the ancients Egyptians who believed that their Gods
were adorned with rainbows while the people were dependent on in-
undations for their very survival.

Men fear the pyramid, time fears man.

#6    Francisco Fidalgo

Francisco Fidalgo

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 61 posts

• If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

View PostIkki, on 28 March 2010 - 06:03 PM, said:

Because it wouldn't make sense? Also don't you consider the Twin Towers and Burj Khalifa as being the megalithic structures of today?

#7    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,709 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:12 PM

View PostFrancisco Fidalgo, on 28 March 2010 - 06:58 PM, said:

Because it wouldn't make sense? Also don't you consider the Twin Towers and Burj Khalifa as being the megalithic structures of today?

"Megalithic" doesn't just mean "big".

#8    Astute One

Astute One

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:30 PM

lithic - rock, made of rock, or thereabouts.

Edited by Astute One, 28 March 2010 - 07:31 PM.

#9    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:55 PM

View PostAstute One, on 28 March 2010 - 07:30 PM, said:

lithic - rock, made of rock, or thereabouts.

So, it basically means humongous rocks. Which some argue are too big to have been carried and positioned by conventional means. There are a fair few globally and interestingly they seem to fit on ley lines withing the earth grid. There could definitely be some purpose behind them that we do not fully appreciate because our technology has taken a different course.

However, I've got to disagree with the presumption that if it can't be explained it must be aliens. IMO there is just a good a chance that man or an interdimensional species (??) achieved the feats by using anti gravity levitation using a range of physics that we do not understand because we see oursleves as separate from our surroundings rather than made up of the same quantum substances. Don't ask me to explain in too much detail ecause these are ideas that are just settling into my head. I just like to entertain ALL posibilities and work back from there which are the most likely.

So, two big questions emerge: How were they moved/positioned? What purpose did they serve?

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#10    Abramelin

Abramelin

-

• 18,115 posts
  • Location:"Here the tide is ruled, by the wind, the moon and us."

• God created the world, but the Dutch created the Netherlands

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:59 PM

View PostFrancisco Fidalgo, on 28 March 2010 - 06:58 PM, said:

If they used rocks/stone weighing tons or more to build it, yes.

But they didn't.

That's why the ziggurats of Sumeria weren't called megalithic structures: they used brick.

Megalith = big rock/stone.

-

Edited by Abramelin, 28 March 2010 - 08:01 PM.

#11    Qoais

Qoais

Government Agent

• 3,268 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:29 PM

Then the pyramids cannot correctly and properly be called megalithic because they used mortar.  Let's stop splitting hairs.  Everyone today thinks megalithic just means huge.

A megalith is a large stone which has been used to construct a structure or monument, either alone or together with other stones. Megalithic describes structures made of such large stones, utilizing an interlocking system without the use of mortar or cement.

An open-minded view of the past allows for an unprejudiced glimpse into the future.

Intuitive knowledge is knowledge beyond intellectual reasoning.

"Intellectual brilliance is no guarantee against being dead wrong."

#12    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:41 PM

View PostQoais, on 28 March 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

Then the pyramids cannot correctly and properly be called megalithic because they used mortar.  Let's stop splitting hairs.  Everyone today thinks megalithic just means huge.

A megalith is a large stone which has been used to construct a structure or monument, either alone or together with other stones. Megalithic describes structures made of such large stones, utilizing an interlocking system without the use of mortar or cement.

There are sizable lumps of granite but I agree the thread would benefit froma shift away from the GP as that has been addressed elsewhere. Maybe we should list some suspected megalithic sites to discuss. Is Karnak? Gilgal Refaim? I remember  one around Eridu but am not sure. Some good ones at lake Titicaca I think to.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#13    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 6,075 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

The  3 Largest single Stones  discovered in a construction ,so far, ( conservatively estimated to weigh 800 tons each) are under a Roman temple at Baalbek Lebanon.
   Many people have heard of them..   many have not... so here are a couple pictures (click to enlarge)
Attached File  baalbek_7.jpg   63.01K   12 downloads  Attached File  baalbek1.jpg   37.62K   11 downloads

* the Unused one is estimated to weigh at least 1200 tons.. you can see the temple above it in the background.

Edited by lightly, 29 March 2010 - 12:25 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#14    aquatus1

aquatus1

Forum Divinity

• 19,709 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 12:32 AM

View PostQoais, on 28 March 2010 - 09:29 PM, said:

Then the pyramids cannot correctly and properly be called megalithic because they used mortar.

That is incorrect.  The pyramids were stacked stone, with rubble fill in between the blocks.

Let's stop splitting hairs.  Everyone today thinks megalithic just means huge.

Actually, you're the first I've met with that problem, but that is neither here nor there.  But it isn't about splitting hairs.  It just isn't an important enough topic to consider being an attempt at misleading.  It's nothing more than correcting a mistake.

#15    cerberusxp

cerberusxp

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

• We all look for truth, however when we find it, some times we wish we hadn't. R. Burch

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:09 AM

View PostFrancisco Fidalgo, on 28 March 2010 - 05:57 PM, said:

Before I get deep into my post, I wanna say hello to everyone. I'm a newbie here. I also apologize in advance for any bad grammar or mispeling because I don't speak english fluently but I'm working on it. I think I can make my points clear though. :blush:

Megalithic Strutures like Puma Punku or the Pyramids make us question whether or not we were visited by aliens in the past or if it was just some ancient civilizations from many thousands years ago that were as advanced as we are nowadays, and somehow a cyclic cataclysmic event like the ones made famous by Mayan prophecies make them disappear from earth.

While I accept both theories, my only problem with this high tech ancient human civilizations is:

If they were that advanced, to the point that they could rival us in order to have air planes, electricity, highly advanced astronomical knowledge, skills and tools to build megalithic structures and what else seen in those ancient artifacts findings, its fair to suppose that such civilizations should have launched something into space in order to have such advanced astronomical knowledge.

Now a flood, or massive eruption, can vanish a couple billions humans from earth surface, but it cannot vanish stuff orbiting many miles above the surface.

If such civilizations existed and vanished from earth due to a cataclysmic event, were are their satellites?

As far as satellites go orbits degrade. None of the satellites in orbit today will be there more than 100 years they will fall back to the earth.
I happen to think there is something to Sitchins and Von Danikan's theory. Along with Velikovski's where a celestial body came so close it caused continents to fall and others to rise virtually overnight. Also that the megaliths had some purpose we just don't have the answer for. Albeit some are close to that answer. As for satellites that is only IF they used radio waves for communication. What if they had another type of communication? (Tesla had a way to broadcast through the earth<being used today> also being used for some secret stuff through HAARP) What if the same thing that wiped them out (or caused them to leave) swept the orbit clean? The Teotihuacan site looks to me like an embarkation site. The puma site obviously was destroyed by some type of cataclysm of great force, energy weapons, nukes? The Indian Veda's intimate to a nuclear war between TWO alien races that took place here on earth. One freeing us the humans from slavery. Sitchin states that there was a war between two factions of the same alien race (Annunaki) and that it culminated at the Sinai peninsula.

Edited by cerberusxp, 29 March 2010 - 02:15 AM.

What we say and do unto others while here on earth are the vessels of our glory or undoing EXCUSE ME WHILE I KISS THE SKY
credentials http://www.unexplain...amp;pid=2291684

" I want the people of America to work less for the Government and more for themselves" Calvin Coolidge 1924
If one were to try and pidgin hole me I'd say I was a Jeffersonian liberal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users