Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Is this Christ? Computer recreates 3D face

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,536 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 28 March 2010 - 07:05 PM

www.nypost.com said:

Jesus was not movie-star handsome, nor even handsome at all. And he certainly didn't have blue eyes.

Behold the "real" face of Jesus.

This startling image was painstakingly "lifted" from the Shroud of Turin and reconstructed by computer for the History Channel special, "The Real Face of Jesus," which airs next week.

How did they do it?

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    the1truebat

the1truebat

The Be All End All of the Universe

• 3,861 posts

• Yeah, I am that good.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:50 PM

Have scientists even come to an agreement on how old the shroud really is?

I am the guy with the stick.

#3    SpiritWalker7

SpiritWalker7

Seeker

• 2,949 posts

• "When I tell the truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do." -William Blake

Posted 29 March 2010 - 03:04 AM

Jesus is creepy :unsure2:

#4    IamsSon

IamsSon

Unobservable Matter

• 11,870 posts

• ďIf you canít explain it simply, you donít understand it well enough.Ē ~ Albert Einstein

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:06 AM

I guess we would have to accept that the Shroud of Turin really was wrapped around Jesus' body to accept this is what He looked like and I think the jury is still out on that one.

"But then with me that horrid doubt always arises whether the convictions of man's mind which has been developed from the mind of the lower animals, are of any value or at all trustworthy. Would any one trust in the convictions of a monkey's mind, if there are any convictions in such a mind?" - Charles Darwin, in a letter to William Graham on July 3, 1881

#5    jbondo

jbondo

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:07 PM

I can't wait to watch this Tuesday night. I've seen scientific depictions before and he was never shown as a very handsome man. As for blue eyes, he was Jewish, figure it out.

#6    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 29 March 2010 - 01:50 PM

CSI: NAZARETH: A 3D image of Jesus' face was created using encoded information and the blood on the Shroud of Turin.
So whos blood is it? And why the natural assumption it's Jesus?
Still to much science fiction than science fact for me ;)

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#7    667-Neighbor of the Beast

667-Neighbor of the Beast

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

• "I get to be the bearer of good news...."

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:47 PM

View PostBelial, on 29 March 2010 - 01:50 PM, said:

So whos blood is it? And why the natural assumption it's Jesus?
Still to much science fiction than science fact for me ;)
It is not a natural assumption.  It is the story that has been handed down with the shroud for centuries.  Whether the story is accurate or not is another issue.

There is justice in the world.

#8    voiceofreason

voiceofreason

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

• The proof is out there.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:26 PM

To all those who think that the shroud is authentic, try this little experiment. Take a white cloth, and wrap it round your face. Get a family member to take a pen and draw around you eyes,mouth,nose and ears. Then open it out. You will find that the drawning of your face is elongated, with the ears sitting way out to the sides. When we look at the shroud we don't see this effect we see a 2 dimensional representation of a face, similar to a painting. This proves that the shroud wasn't wrapped around a body.What we are actually seeing an excellent example of medieval Camera Obscura. It is essentially a photograph using an ancient cloth soaked in silver sulphates. Leonardo Da Vinci was well versed in these techniques. All you need is a sunny day and a body of a criminal that you can hang outside. The process is repeated for the back of the body, and there you have it. Add some blood in strategic places and you have your very own shroud of Turin.

#9    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:42 PM

Behold the "real" face of Jesus. and that's NOT a natural assumtion in anything i suppose ;)

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#10    Mandrake

Mandrake

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 216 posts

• Do not disturb my circles!

Posted 31 March 2010 - 03:11 AM

Errrmmmm.....dare I suggest this is more History Channel bollox?   :sleepy:

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill
"My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me." - Winston Churchill
"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop to look once in awhile, you could miss it" - Ferris Beuler

#11    Jaygatz

Jaygatz

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 100 posts

• I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Posted 31 March 2010 - 08:58 AM

I was under the impression that they proved that the Shroud was a fake about 4 years ago.  Hmmmm guess not.

#12    667-Neighbor of the Beast

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:46 PM

View PostJaygatz, on 31 March 2010 - 08:58 AM, said:

I was under the impression that they proved that the Shroud was a fake about 4 years ago.  Hmmmm guess not.
They ran some tests on it to determine how old it actually is.  The test came back saying it was only a few hundred years old.  But, then some other proof was brought forward saying that these tests were innaccurate, because the shroud has been patched here and there throughout history, so there are old fibers and newer ones in the shroud.  And someone recently claimed it was fake, because they were actually able to reproduce it in detail, using the same materials available centuries ago.  However, just because this guy could reproduce it, does not mean the original was done the same way.
So, no, there is still no actual proof either ways as to it's age, or authenticity.

#13    BiffSplitkins

BiffSplitkins

Vertically Challenged

• 7,136 posts

• We all have a song inside us, it tells us who we are.

'John Doeber' fellow musician

Posted 31 March 2010 - 01:58 PM

I watched this show on the *History* (edit) Channel last night. It was very interesting how they derived the 3-d image from the shroud. I've always been a bit skeptic about the shroud and even I found this show pretty interesting. There are still too many open gaps about the shroud that keeps me a skeptic about it, but overall I really like this show.

Edited by BiffSplitkins, 31 March 2010 - 02:26 PM.

"The problem with internet quotes is that you cant always depend on their accuracy" -Abraham Lincoln, 1864

Posted Image

#14    667-Neighbor of the Beast

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 02:42 PM

View PostBiffSplitkins, on 31 March 2010 - 01:58 PM, said:

I watched this show on the *History* (edit) Channel last night. It was very interesting how they derived the 3-d image from the shroud. I've always been a bit skeptic about the shroud and even I found this show pretty interesting. There are still too many open gaps about the shroud that keeps me a skeptic about it, but overall I really like this show.
Yeah, I want to see it, mostly out of curiosity.  I too am skeptical about the shroud, so would not say it is the face of Christ.  However, if the shroud at some point was actually used as a burial shroud for someone, it is interesting to see this persons face, whether it is Christ or not.

#15    lahacake

lahacake

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:45 AM

who ever thinks jesus was white needs to go back in the bible and look at the description they give of him and where he exactly was... have u ever seen white people in the middle east uhhhhh nooo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users