Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Washington State Governor Signs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1    katzemacht

katzemacht

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:52 PM

With this legislation, the State of Washington hopes to send a signal to the Federal government that it is serious about its commitment to protecting its marine resources from continuous industrial pollution.

http://ecolocalizer....bill/#more-7496

Posted Image
Jaguars don't have time to wait~
http://action.biolog...action_KEY=1680

Jaguar

#2    SilverCougar

SilverCougar

All hail the gods of Rum

• 10,877 posts

• The origonal Damneddirtytreehugging-
    paganhippiewerecougarrum pirate.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:16 AM

Horray!

Doctor_Strangelove: If only I lived in a world with no risk of piss tests. Then I could just sit here and
watch videos on angelfish and become one with nature.

#3    MissMelsWell

MissMelsWell

Cosmic Baker

• 13,520 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:29 AM

This isn't such a shabby idea really. I live in Seattle.... and there's no reason for brake pads to have copper in them to begin with, there are a lot of other alternatives (carbon fiber for example)

You can tell that brake pad dust is a problem around here. We have lots and lots of enormously monsterous hills that require a lot of hard braking. In Seattle, after you wash your car and rims, you can pretty much count on the rims being coated with nasty brake dust within just a few days. That's not the case in flatter areas.

This isn't a big deal to me, i've been buying carbon fiber brake pads for years, they're a whole lot more expensive, but worth it (although they do squeal a bit and that's natural).

Christine Gregoire hasn't been my favorite governor by a long shot, but this isn't such a bad move on her part. I'm interested in keeping "Puget Sound"-- now technically called the "Salish Sea" clean.

"It's time for the American people to stand up and shrug off the shackles of our government at TSA at the airport"  Ron Paul

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users