Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fury as U.S. boy, 11, is to be tried as adult

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#16    mfrmboy

mfrmboy

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 520 posts

• Beam Moo Up!

Posted 01 April 2010 - 03:00 PM

I do agree that he should be tried as an adult but I do not think he should serve time in an adult prision. He should be in a juvenile facility until he reaches the age appropriate for adult prision then be placed there for the remainder of his sentence. I do feel that life is a little harsh but at least a good 20 to 30 yrs.
On the other hand by the end of his sentence he would probably be institutionalized, incapable of living in the outside world. Get out commit some atrocity possibly hurting someone else and end up with a life sentence anyway.
So in the end a life sentence is possibly the right answer.
                             Anyone got a crystal ball..........

One man's TOOL is another man's TOY ! :tu:

#17    vban

vban

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:44 PM

View Post284dan, on 01 April 2010 - 01:20 AM, said:

I dont care if he wiped out an entire town of people. I dont care if he is the son of Satan himself. NO 12 year old child should be given life in prison. Anyone who thinks he should is sick.
WOW your either heartless, dumb or have no family because the lady was KILLED do you know what that means and with a baby inside her.  That child knew what he was doing he needs to be locked away and punished.  What your saying is go ahead kill all you want that is OK.  * snip *

Edited by Saru, 01 April 2010 - 05:24 PM.
Removed personal attack

#18    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 01 April 2010 - 04:53 PM

Flip the juice switch on the little ****.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#19    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,258 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 05:05 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 31 March 2010 - 07:21 PM, said:

His family life may have contributed but if he's a psychopath, he's not changing and has already murdered. They said they're trying him as an adult because they don't think they can rehab him the nine years they have 'til he turns twenty-one if convicted as a juvenile. That tells me he needs to be caged for life if not put down.

That is quit sad but I will agree and say this kid is in for some serious therapy and if by the time he's 21 there is any doubt he should be kept locked up no doubt.

Sittin back drinkin beer watchin the world take it's course.

The only thing god can't do is prove he exists ?

#20    Stormcrow

Stormcrow

Wizard

• 5,987 posts

• Late is the hour in which this conjurer chooses to appear.

Posted 01 April 2010 - 08:42 PM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 01 April 2010 - 05:05 PM, said:

That is quit sad but I will agree and say this kid is in for some serious therapy and if by the time he's 21 there is any doubt he should be kept locked up no doubt.

Why make tax payers support this guy? Sending him to prison will do nothing, and it's already been shown that there isn't any hope in him being rehabilitated mentally. I don't want to pay for this guys food and recreation, he killed a woman AND her child--two people--in cold blood, well aware of what he was doing. Why must I provide luxuries for a murderer of any age? Locking him up is just... I don't understand it.

Either you lock a little kid up in prison and set him up for a life of misery, or you end his--and everyone else's--misery early. I'm all for punishment but keeping him locked up hurts a lot more people than it helps.

If you're against the death sentence, why do you support allowing the child to live a dreadful life? Wouldn't that be worse than death?

Edited by ebonycrow, 01 April 2010 - 08:46 PM.

#21    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,258 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 09:16 PM

View Postebonycrow, on 01 April 2010 - 08:42 PM, said:

Why make tax payers support this guy? Sending him to prison will do nothing, and it's already been shown that there isn't any hope in him being rehabilitated mentally. I don't want to pay for this guys food and recreation, he killed a woman AND her child--two people--in cold blood, well aware of what he was doing. Why must I provide luxuries for a murderer of any age? Locking him up is just... I don't understand it.

Either you lock a little kid up in prison and set him up for a life of misery, or you end his--and everyone else's--misery early. I'm all for punishment but keeping him locked up hurts a lot more people than it helps.

If you're against the death sentence, why do you support allowing the child to live a dreadful life? Wouldn't that be worse than death?

I'm undecided on the death penalty but I am not for killing children with mental issues. He wouldn't be in prison busting rocks with a hammer everyday he could still experience some joy and if it gets to much for him he can kill himself.

Edited by The Silver Thong, 01 April 2010 - 09:18 PM.

#22    Alienated Being

Alienated Being

Government Agent

• Banned
  • 4,163 posts

• "The best way to predict the future is by inventing it."

"Record

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:02 PM

I think he should definitely be tried as an adult, as murder is inexcusable. Serves the little ***** right. However, I think that there may be an issue regarding moral righteousness in the household. The boy was given a shotgun as a Christmas present. What parent, in their right mind, hands their child a shotgun as a Christmas present? Something just doesn't add up - I think that there may have been some parental neglect in the child's life to a certain extent. Meh. He's not my kid or relative.

Edited by Mr. DeYoung, 01 April 2010 - 10:04 PM.

#23    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,144 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

View PostMr. DeYoung, on 01 April 2010 - 10:02 PM, said:

I think he should definitely be tried as an adult, as murder is inexcusable. Serves the little ***** right. However, I think that there may be an issue regarding moral righteousness in the household. The boy was given a shotgun as a Christmas present. What parent, in their right mind, hands their child a shotgun as a Christmas present? Something just doesn't add up - I think that there may have been some parental neglect in the child's life to a certain extent. Meh. He's not my kid or relative.
it was normal 100 years ago to give a kid a gun at 10 if he lived in the country.  so he could go kill something for dinner, or protect mom from bad people.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#24    Alien Being

Alien Being

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

View PostTheResearcher, on 30 March 2010 - 01:57 PM, said:

And so he should be.  Do they have the death penalty in that state?

As 5 year old I knew this was wrong so why should a 12 year old (then 11) escape justice because of his age.

Give him the electric chair.

#25    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,144 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 10:38 PM

View PostAlien Being, on 01 April 2010 - 10:34 PM, said:

As 5 year old I knew this was wrong so why should a 12 year old (then 11) escape justice because of his age.

Give him the electric chair.

like i said put him in general population of a real prison, then the state wont have to pay for it.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#26    Hadal

Hadal

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 60 posts

• "Don't worry about a thing, 'cos every little thing is gonna be alright. " ~ Bob Marley

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

like i said put him in general population of a real prison, then the state wont have to pay for it.
Exactly, and then the little sod will suffer for what hes done, general population is no place for a child, he would be dead within a year.

#27    The Silver Thong

The Silver Thong

Forum Divinity

• 30,258 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:05 AM

View Postdanielost, on 01 April 2010 - 10:38 PM, said:

So far we have killing him in an electric chair to putting him in an adult prison so he can be raped 20 times a day. The compasion for a kid with mental issues almost makes me tear up. What he did was unforgivable however calling for his rape his murder his torture says a lot about the people who wish such things.

Lets change it up, any dog that bites because of it's owners poor ability to train it should be shot on sight and that includes cats that don't care for it's kitten bad mother now die. I bet people will go it's just because of a bad owner don't blame the dog because the owner was an idiot. Don't blame the kid because the parents were idiots, same freakin thing.

#28    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 04:26 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 02 April 2010 - 01:05 AM, said:

So far we have killing him in an electric chair to putting him in an adult prison so he can be raped 20 times a day. The compasion for a kid with mental issues almost makes me tear up. What he did was unforgivable however calling for his rape his murder his torture says a lot about the people who wish such things.

Lets change it up, any dog that bites because of it's owners poor ability to train it should be shot on sight and that includes cats that don't care for it's kitten bad mother now die. I bet people will go it's just because of a bad owner don't blame the dog because the owner was an idiot. Don't blame the kid because the parents were idiots, same freakin thing.

GOLD.

#29    Black Coyote

Black Coyote

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 224 posts

• We have looked upon the face of our creator, and seen the face of the enemy.

Posted 02 April 2010 - 06:46 AM

View PostThe Silver Thong, on 02 April 2010 - 01:05 AM, said:

Lets change it up, any dog that bites because of it's owners poor ability to train it should be shot on sight and that includes cats that don't care for it's kitten bad mother now die.
Ah, the old "If it was an animal, you'd think differently!" defense... Here, let me blow that reasoning out of the water.

Dogs that can't be rehabilitated out of human aggression should be - and are - put down. They're menaces that could kill people, and if they can't be broken of that dangerous behavior, then it's better to put them to sleep in order to keep them from harming someone else.

And what do non-maternal cats have to do with anything?

I bet people will go it's just because of a bad owner don't blame the dog because the owner was an idiot. Don't blame the kid because the parents were idiots, same freakin thing.
Sometimes it is just a bad owner (or parent,) and the dangerous behaviors that result can be curbed or done away with through rehabilitation.

Sometimes, though, it's something else, and there's nothing that can be done about it, simple as that. Something's seriously fragged-up in their brain, whether it's faulty wiring, disease, etc... and it can't be fixed - which means the individual in question will always be a danger to others, no matter what the rehabbers try to do. In that case, it's probably better for society as a whole if said individual is simply put down. A mad dog can't be cured, or safely kept, after all.

Not fair? Life's not fair. Life certainly wasn't "fair" to the woman in this case, or to her nearly-full-term fetus. Or to the daughters that now have no mother.

One could argue that it was cruelest to the unborn child... The mother likely died rather quickly, if not instantly... but suffocation is sadistic, painful, and terrifying, and it takes a comparatively long time to die from it. Realize that, at 8.5 months of gestation, that fetus was fully equipped to survive and function in the outside world - it breathed, slept, woke, kicked, sucked its thumb, turned over, stretched out, and felt pain and fear as it drowned and suffocated in its own mother's belly. The three to five minutes that it takes to die from suffocation more than likely felt like an eternity of incomprehensible agony before its life was finally snuffed out.

All because this little murderer was jealous. And people are feeling sorry for him? I really have to wonder where some peoples' priorities are.

I'm not saying he should be tortured, or anything like that. But he deserves to be tried as an adult for what he did, and I truthfully would not bat an eye if he was executed for his crimes like the mad dog he is.

#30    supervike

supervike

Alien Abducter

• 5,491 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 02:04 PM

View Postebonycrow, on 01 April 2010 - 01:49 AM, said:

Wow, no kidding! The kid looks scary as hell...

I disagree.  He looks like a scared and confused kid.

I don't know what the right answer is.  Killing him obviously isn't.  But, I don't think he deserves to walk free in society.  

Do we know the kid's motive?  Not that it excuses anything, but maybe to get his mindset?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users