Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Fury as U.S. boy, 11, is to be tried as adult

• Please log in to reply
220 replies to this topic

#76    TheBloom

TheBloom

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,370 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

View PostKazahel, on 28 April 2010 - 02:30 AM, said:

I feel like that too which is why I dont come into this section very often.  :blink:

And to judge him based on those few pics is unwise I think and to say that a 12yr should be murdered by the state because you can see the coldness in his eyes(from a mug shot..), or from assuming he cant be helped(he is only 12..), is just bizarre.

It's ridiculous. Coldness in his eyes? It's a mug shot of a traumatised 11 year old boy...  :huh:

View PostSweetpumper, on 28 April 2010 - 03:53 PM, said:

I know a lot of you can't accept the fact that some people are just born evil, but it's a truth we have to deal with, like it or not.

And what if you don't beleive in Evil? I do not believe in Evil and don't believe people are just born it either.

View Postsusieice, on 29 April 2010 - 01:34 AM, said:

What's born evil? Jealousy and anger are also truths we have to deal with, like it or not. For an 11 yr. old that's not evil, that's immaturity, a problem some adults have never outgrown. I think this boy was spoiled and accustomed to having his dad's attention. All of a sudden he has to share his world with a whole new family and he can't control it. Whether or not this woman hurt him in some way or taunted him remains to be seen at trial. You can't just say this kid is evil, because you don't yet know the facts. How can you say he's unrehabilitatable? I'm not worried. If he is he's never getting out.

RIGHT ON TARGET!

#77    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 02:46 PM

View PostDukeofNoodleness, on 29 April 2010 - 12:25 PM, said:

And what if you don't beleive in Evil? I do not believe in Evil and don't believe people are just born it either.

Well, it exists and if you fail to recognize it, you become an easy target and perhaps an unwilling victim.

You can believe whatever you want to believe but it doesn't make it true.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#78    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,073 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:14 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 29 April 2010 - 02:46 PM, said:

Well, it exists and if you fail to recognize it, you become an easy target and perhaps an unwilling victim.

You can believe whatever you want to believe but it doesn't make it true.
You become an easier target when you leave weapons accessible to a child who is too young to control their emotions.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#79    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

He just would've used another method.

"At it's most basic level, science is supposed to represent the investigation of the unexplained, not the explanation of the uninvestigated." - Hunt for the Skinwalker

"The ultimate irony of the Disclosure movement is that it deeply distrusts officialdom, while simultaneously looking to officialdom for the truth." - Robbie Graham Silver Screen Saucers

#80    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,073 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 29 April 2010 - 03:17 PM, said:

He just would've used another method.
I've not heard of many young children stabbing their parents to death or beating them with a baseball bat while they sleep. They find guns and act on impulse. A lot of times they shoot themselves or someone in the room because they find them and start playing with them. That is not responsible parenting or responsible gun ownership.

This kid is facing a lot of traumatic times as he matures and realizes just what he did.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#81    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:05 PM

View Postsusieice, on 29 April 2010 - 03:48 PM, said:

This kid is facing a lot of traumatic times as he matures and realizes just what he did.

If he's a true psychopath (which I'm assuming is the reason he's being tried as an adult), he will not face any traumatic times and he knows exactly what he did.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 29 April 2010 - 04:07 PM.

#82    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,073 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 29 April 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

If he's a true psychopath, he will not face any traumatic times and he knows exactly what he did.
If.

#83    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:11 PM

If they don't think they can rehab him in the next nine years, I'm gonna say it's probably the case.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 29 April 2010 - 04:11 PM.

#84    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,073 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:40 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 29 April 2010 - 04:11 PM, said:

If they don't think they can rehab him in the next nine years, I'm gonna say it's probably the case.
And I'm going to say that if dad had taken some responsibility for the weapon he gave his son for Christmas, none of this would have happened.

#85    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, it would have. Gun or not. The woman and fetus were in his way. Now they're not and that was his goal.

Edited by Sweetpumper, 29 April 2010 - 04:47 PM.

#86    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,073 posts

.....Robert Frost

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:57 PM

View PostSweetpumper, on 29 April 2010 - 04:45 PM, said:

Yeah, it would have. Gun or not. The woman and fetus were in his way. Now they're not and that was his goal.
They're more in his way now than they ever were. And without the gun, it wouldn't have been so easy.

#87    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:14 PM

He doesn't care about the consequences.

A knife would've worked too. Or a screwdriver.

#88    shrewgoddess

shrewgoddess

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 118 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:15 PM

A child cannot be diagnosed as a psychopath.  I can't remember the reason why and I'm not at home where I can ask my brother who is in school for Forensic Psychology.  I just remember him telling me that while he was studying.  It can, however, be noted that he has psychopathic tendencies.  Typically, psychologists seem to want to err on the side of rehabilitation.  I, too, am going to agree that if a team of doctors don't think he can be rehabilitated, they've noted these tendencies and he will be diagnosed when he becomes an adult.

Legally speaking, the judge is taking a chance by having him tried as an adult.  If the prosecutor asked the judge to try him as an adult, he must be fairly certain that he will get a conviction.  There is certainly evidence which we know nothing about.  And, just because we don't know motives and details of the case, those involved certainly know all there is to know at this moment.  There's no doubt in my mind that it will be difficult to find a jury who will be completely willing to convict a 12 year old boy to murder if it will mean he has to spend the next 70 years in prison.  It could very well happen.  The judge then still has to sentence him to life without parole.  He could be tried as an adult and not get the maximum sentence.  That seems to me to be the most likely outcome.  He won't be given directly into adult population.  He'd go to a juvenile detention center until he is 18 or 21, then transferred to an adult facility.  

That seems, to me, to be the appropriate measures to take in this case as he will.  If he is sentence to life with the possibility of parole, he can be evaluated at differing times for his suitability for the outside world.  If he is not found suitable, then he can stay in.

#89    Sweetpumper

Sweetpumper

Heatseeker

• 10,629 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:22 PM

A child cannot be diagnosed as a psychopath.

These children have a character disturbance. They devalue others and lack a sense of morality. Such incidents as those described above have made it increasingly clear that psychopathy is not exclusively an adult manifestation. In fact, some child development experts believe that childhood psychopathy is increasing at an alarming rate. In the research, these children are regarded as "fledgling psychopaths" who will become increasingly more dangerous as they get older. They might not become killers but they will learn how to manipulate, deceive and exploit others for their own gain. It is generally believed that they have failed to develop affectional bonds that allow them to empathize with another's pain. What they have developed are traits of arrogance, dishonesty, narcissism, shamelessness, and callousness.

http://www.trutv.com...ychopath/1.html

Edited by Sweetpumper, 29 April 2010 - 05:22 PM.

#90    zenfahr

zenfahr

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts
  • Location:Center of my universe.... which is located in a bunker in New Mexico.

• "The Eagle never lost so much time as when he submitted to learn from the Crow"
    -Nobody

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:27 PM

I agree with sweetpumper... the kid is a psychopath.  Normal young children do NOT execute their parents or their parents friends, or even their pets.  Remove this kid from our society, I donít want him around my children.

.....Im NOT here.....

My Art Gallery

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users