1. I don't enjoy the whole "party life" that normal people my age do. Sitting around talking while having a couple of drinks is good enough for me.
2. I can connect easily with those my age, I have an easy time making friends... but I find it harder to maintain those friendships than I do with those of older people (in their late 20s).
3. I have a passion and see things deeper than most. When I find something I like, I stick to it.
4. I feel like I've been around alot longer than what I have. I suffered a life of pain and suffering (almost dying twice in hospital, being reduced to 30% lung capacity). Hell, even when I was a youngster the nurses mentioned "he's just like an old man".
5. My idea of a "good time" is sitting around a camp fire playing guitars, or fishing with friends. Or laughing with friends at a kitchen party.
I dunno exactly what an old soul means, but those are the only examples I could come up with that could possibly relate to the topic. I find it easy to separate my "old life" with my "modern life", but it is a lot easier to maintain the "old life" in comparison to this one. I don't have a lot of friends, about four or five good ones. Like I said, I'm a pretty well-known guy and I can get a long well with them... I just keep the good ones close.
Edited by Mr. DeYoung, 02 April 2010 - 01:15 AM.