Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

Debate Staff Needed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
29 replies to this topic

#1    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:04 AM

For the new debate board season I am looking for 4 volunteers to help out with the debate organising and judging. Please only volunteer if you are serious about trying this, and have an interest in the debates.

I'm looking for 3 Debate Judges ( Taken ) and 1 Debate Organiser ( Taken )

The debate judges will be responsible for rating a debate once it has finished, you can both participate in debates and be a debate judge, however you can not judge a debate that you yourself have participated in.

The debate organiser will be required to help keep the debates board running smoothly, and will have moderator status in the debates board only. The organiser will help to post new debates for people to join, contact debaters who have disappeared in the middle of an existing debate, close completed debates and deal with people posting in debate threads of which they are not a participant. Note that debate organisers will not normally be able to participate in debates, except in special circumstances.

If you are interested in volunteering for either of these positions, please let me know either via private message or by sending me a private message. I cannot guarantee that if you do volunteer you will be accepted for the job, especially since there will likely be quite a few people volunteering.

Once these positions are filled, the new debates season can begin.  thumbsup.gif

#2    The Nameless One

The Nameless One

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

• (\ /)
    (0.0)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Frank The Rabbit: 28 days, 6 hours, 42 minutes, 12 seconds. That is when the world will end.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 10:44 AM

Id like to be a judge. I will take it seriously.  cool.gif

The Nameless One

One night I ventured to my wooden rocking chair right outside my back porch, and I looked to the sky in the break of twilight, staring into the dark mirror of space, filled with sands of star dust, colossal supernovas and red giants, strings of wormholes and distant planets beyond my grasp. A place where tiny enigmatic hidden black holes tear through the fabric of space and time which, who knows; may lead into other dimensions and perhaps alternate realities. And as I look up at this heavens mirror which my hands can only reach so far through this looking glass, I felt an odd sensation of something looking back staring into my own eyes, staring into a whole other universe of which I new nothing about until I saw my reflection within it, and in that moment I then knew that the key which open the portal doors to parallel worlds was myself.    "The Eyes of the Universe, Chris Landrum"

#3    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

• Peter Piper picked a pack of pickled peppers.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:21 PM

I'm already a debate organizer and would like to continue the job if permitted.  If you would like someone else to do this, that's fine.  I think I did a good enough job last time to get re-elected.  Just let me know

Edited by saucy, 27 June 2004 - 01:23 PM.

#4    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

• "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." - Albert Einstein

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:27 PM

I'd be happy for you to continue as a debate organiser Saucy, I'm actually looking to have two debate organisers this time around, which is why i'm advertising for someone else aswell in this thread.

thumbsup.gif  

#5    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:31 PM

Cool.  I suggest last season's champion Universal Absurdity.

You might want to actually change your first post then Saruman that says there will be only one debate organizer

Edited by saucy, 27 June 2004 - 01:33 PM.

#6    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 01:58 PM

UniversalAbdsurdity would be welcome to give it a shot, but he might not want to do it since it would mean he wouldn't be able to participate in any debates himself.

#7    Lottie

Lottie

The Nappy Ninja !!

• 7,516 posts

• "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me." - Noel Coward

Posted 27 June 2004 - 03:48 PM

If you like I will be a debate organiser. I am good at organising!!! original.gif  

#8    cma

cma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Posted 27 June 2004 - 04:56 PM

I like debating, but how do I get into a group??

#9    saucy

saucy

Psychic Spy

• 1,534 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:29 PM

you're already in just by saying you would like to be.  Lottie, I would let you be organizer, but it's Saruman's say.  Since you were the second volunteer, you've probably made it!  Yay!  grin2.gif  

#10    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 05:31 PM

Cma, check out this thread for details on how to join a debate.

#11    cma

cma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 84 posts

• THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:17 PM

how do we find a partner?
where can we post it?

#12    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:23 PM

Have a look through some of the debates in the archive to see who on the forum has been involved in debates, then message someone you'd like to debate with.

Alternatively, once the debate organisers and judges have been sorted out we will be posting up a number of debates that you can participate in as well.

#13    Scar

Scar

Forum Bum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

• No man is an island, but some of us are pretty long peninsulas.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:42 PM

I'd Happily Become An Orginiser of debates , I have some Idea's on how to keep it competitive.

Anyway let me know  thumbsup.gif  

****!!1one1one

#14    Saru

Saru

Site Webmaster

• 20,062 posts

Posted 27 June 2004 - 06:57 PM

Thanks to everyone who has expressed an interest in being a debate organiser, the position has now been filled.

The debate organisers will be Scar and Saucy

Scar has been involved in some of the debates in the last season, and i've also discussed it all with him beforehand.

Lottie i'm sorry you didn't get to try your hand at the job  sad.gif

Would you like to have a go at judging the debates ?

#15    Universal Absurdity

Universal Absurdity

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,592 posts

• You wont win.

Posted 27 June 2004 - 07:15 PM

Could I be a judge and still participate?

on second thought maybe that might not be such a good idea. if i get slammed in a debate i might make judging personal. which would be bad.

I think this time around i'll just participate. Next time however sign me up first to be a judge.

Too bad scar is an organizer, i was looking forward to another hubble scale debate  laugh.gif

I eagerly look forward to the start of the new debates

Ű∩ίvệѓα|ΛЬşűяđĬŧỵ

Founder Of The Animated Avatar Workshop
43 things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users