Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

2012 is it the end of the world?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1    Hayram

Hayram

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:41 AM

Are all these predictions about 2012, including the Ancient Mayan Calender one accurate?

Should we take this seriously and start preparing for it, so that we can survive through it.

#2    Amberlight

Amberlight

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 780 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:43 AM

Nope, just another date  :)

Today on my walk I passed by this old lady who was sweetly calling to her cat. She said, “Here Sylvester, here kitty kitty, come here.” But while she said it she was holding this large broom. This made me wonder what she knew about Sylvester that the rest of us didn’t. - Amberlight

#3    fenris1011

fenris1011

Hermit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,316 posts

• Write drunk; edit sober

Posted 11 April 2010 - 01:51 AM

Sure isn't.

Posted Image
No shade in the shadow of the cross.

#4    Sakari

Sakari

Rob Lester

• 14,442 posts
  • Location:Safford, Arizona...My heart and soul are still on the Oregon Coast.

• Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Posted 11 April 2010 - 02:14 AM

Hayram , strange you make this topic , considering your signature is a link about it  :no:

Our Wolf's Memorial Page

http://petsupports.com/a04/sakari.htm

#5    grendals_bane

grendals_bane

Master Procrastinator

• 1,066 posts

• I have a great mind to believe in Christianity for the mere pleasure of fancying I may be damned. - Byron

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:48 AM

If the world ends in 2012 I'll be amazed.
I've never understood the big fuss about it really as our calendars end on the 31st December of every year yet we don't go into a panic, just because we have reached the last day of the calendar.

"There is no such thing as good and evil, just various shades of grey."

#6    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:22 AM

View Postgrendals_bane, on 13 April 2010 - 01:48 AM, said:

If the world ends in 2012 I'll be amazed.
I've never understood the big fuss about it really as our calendars end on the 31st December of every year yet we don't go into a panic, just because we have reached the last day of the calendar.

We haven't been tracing the future into thousands of years like the Mayans did. Still, one of my friends said it best:
"The Mayans will go down as the biggest trolls in history."

#7    Ginger

Ginger

Remote Viewer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts

• Speak not, what you know nothing of.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 04:27 AM

View PostJ.B., on 15 April 2010 - 04:22 AM, said:

We haven't been tracing the future into thousands of years like the Mayans did. Still, one of my friends said it best:
"The Mayans will go down as the biggest trolls in history."
:lol:

#8    WoIverine

WoIverine

Telekinetic

• 6,827 posts

• With great power, comes great irresponsibility.

Posted 15 April 2010 - 03:29 PM

View PostHayram, on 11 April 2010 - 01:41 AM, said:

Are all these predictions about 2012, including the Ancient Mayan Calender one accurate?

Should we take this seriously and start preparing for it, so that we can survive through it.

It's not the end, more than likely just the beginning of the end. If you are around come 2020, you'll be good to go.

#9    Alien Being

Alien Being

Psychic Spy

• Closed
  • 1,456 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostHayram, on 11 April 2010 - 01:41 AM, said:

I think this one should be taken seriously.

Not because I believe the apocolypse will happen by divine action but because I believe there are religious fundamentalists and nut jobs inside every faith about to stage apocolyptical events to fit in with their belief systems.

#10    Esoteric Toad

Esoteric Toad

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

• Where does one get certified as an "Ancient Astronaut Theorist" or "Cryptozoologist"?

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

2012 will be the end of the world for silly end of the world ideas that take place in 2012 :tu:

www.abhota.info

#11    Salami Swami

Salami Swami

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 217 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 05:04 PM

im not a believer in 2012, i dont think it will be the end. But, ive been seeing tv shows in discovery and the history channel were they explain something about the earth being aligned with the sun and the black hole of the galaxy and the solar system being particular close to it. How true is this?

Posted Image

#12    Siara

Siara

Alien Abducter

• 4,427 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 12:48 AM

Maybe 2012 will be the end of the current world and the beginning of a new one.  It seems to me that there are a number of ways in which the current world really sucks.  So maybe 2012 will be a good thing.

If you think about the Mayan tradition, it doesn't say 2012 will be the end of the world.  It says 2012 is the end of a cycle.  So it's also the beginning of a new cycle.

#13    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 17 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

View PostSiara, on 17 April 2010 - 12:48 AM, said:

Maybe 2012 will be the end of the current world and the beginning of a new one.  It seems to me that there are a number of ways in which the current world really sucks.  So maybe 2012 will be a good thing.

If you think about the Mayan tradition, it doesn't say 2012 will be the end of the world.  It says 2012 is the end of a cycle.  So it's also the beginning of a new cycle.

The misunderstanding stems from the fact that the Mayans gave us so much before it, say that 2012 will be the end of the cycle, and then neglect to record the next one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users