Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

volcano creates stunning sunsets over Britain

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 39,262 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:38 AM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

The eruption of fine ash and sulphur dioxide launched into the atmosphere by Iceland's volcano produced some spectacular sunsets across Britain last night. Now we can also look out for a real-life blue moon... and some very dirty cars.

As the volcanic clouds are carried a large distance by high winds, the sulphur dioxide will react with the atmosphere to form 'sulfate aerosols', say scientists.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 04:50 PM

Perfectly clear blue sky at the moment, not a single plane or vapour trail. I don't think I've ever seen it so clean :)

Edited by Finity, 16 April 2010 - 04:55 PM.

#3    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 18 April 2010 - 12:30 AM

How long do they expect this thing to continue affecting the U.K.?

#4    Finity

Finity

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Unknown, but apparently the last time it erupted (in about 1821) it went on for 2 years :/

The only way in or out of the country at the moment is by ship, or if you happen to have access to a small private plane which can fly at low altitude. Or the tunnel if you want to go through France, but they are grounded as well.

Theres a link to the current status here: http://news.bbc.co.u.../uk/8627545.stm

Edited by Finity, 18 April 2010 - 11:40 AM.

#5    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:30 AM

If this goes on for another two weeks then we in Britain will be having to pay more for oranges and certain other fruits than we do for petrol :w00t:

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users