Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The Minot AFB B-52 UFO Incident.

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#31    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:55 PM

View Post1963, on 19 April 2010 - 09:16 PM, said:

1963 -not too sure about that one mate, there's discussion here which could indicate Hoover was enquiring about known hoaxes.

Cheers.

#32    1963

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,073 posts

• When the day is through,and the nightsky shades the blue,and the swallows cease to sing as they fly!.......

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

View Postkarl 12, on 29 April 2010 - 06:55 PM, said:

1963 -not too sure about that one mate, there's discussion here which could indicate Hoover was enquiring about known hoaxes.

Cheers.
O.K! Thanks'Karl!'....Thought it was too good to be true! :no:

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.”

#33    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 30 April 2010 - 01:28 AM

Questions:

Why would NORAD refuse the order to send up the jets? Did they see anything on their RADAR?

Why did the military hold fire on every single occasion?

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#34    Yes_Man

Yes_Man

hi

• 7,605 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 09:06 AM

Maybe Not everyone in the miltary must now about UFO'S

#35    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 11:40 AM

Thanks for the replies, here's some more potential info about the Minot AFB incident(s):

During the past five years that we have been investigating the events at Minot AFB, we have located and interviewed over fifteen principal witnesses and amassed hundreds of pages of supporting documentation.  This has allowed us to fairly accurately reconstruct the events and provided insights into the official investigations.  Only recently have we completed our research, and currently are in the process of writing a comprehensive historical report which will be available here in the coming weeks.

link

#36    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 16 December 2010 - 05:12 PM

Richard Dolan discusses government UFO documentation and the Minot Air Force base intrusions of 1966:

See 7:45

LIVE at the 6th Annual X-Conference, held in 2010, Historian Richard Dolan presents an analysis of the patterns of UFO secrecy since the 1940s. Focusing on the national security aspects of the UFO phenomenon, Dolan explains how it was a key factor in the creation of the U.S. "black budget," and hence a subversion of the traditional American political system. He also discusses the paradox of how an end to UFO secrecy is both impossible and inevitable.

#37    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 30 April 2010 - 01:28 AM, said:

Questions:

Why would NORAD refuse the order to send up the jets? Did they see anything on their RADAR?

W

Psyche, I've no idea, what's your opinion?

Do you think the Minot incidents are interesting and if so why?

#38    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:50 AM

View Postkarl 12, on 10 February 2011 - 12:09 AM, said:

Psyche, I've no idea, what's your opinion?

Do you think the Minot incidents are interesting and if so why?

Hi Karl

Just seems to me that if the thing was in sight for three quarters of an hour, one would expect a reaction, if the thing was indeed unknown?
I do think all cases like this are interesting, obviously something was in the sky, but what that was is what I find interesting. I am wondering if this was not some sort of experimental blimp. The Hindenberg was a recent event at the time, and the rigid airship was such a success I feel some may have tried to yet again improve on design, as had happened many times in the 20 previous years. I feel an early "black ops" possibility is worth investigating. Just an initial thought.

I feel Patrick Huyghe shows that the connection you and Sky mentioned earlier between UFO's and military bases is inferred, not a statistic in his publication Swamp Gas Times.

Cheers.

Edited by psyche101, 10 February 2011 - 03:51 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#39    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,195 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:51 PM

SGT ? Where would one get a Copy ofthat Paper ? :alien:

This is a Work in Progress!

#40    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 28,295 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:25 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 10 February 2011 - 06:51 PM, said:

SGT ? Where would one get a Copy ofthat Paper ? :alien:

LINK

Cheers

#41    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 16,195 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 11 February 2011 - 12:25 AM, said:

LINK

Cheers

Thanks my E.T Friend !!

Attached Files

This is a Work in Progress!

#42    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 27 July 2011 - 08:37 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 10 February 2011 - 03:50 AM, said:

..I am wondering if this was not some sort of experimental blimp. The Hindenberg was a recent event at the time, and the rigid airship was such a success I feel some may have tried to yet again improve on design, as had happened many times in the 20 previous years. I feel an early "black ops" possibility is worth investigating. Just an initial thought.

Hey Psyche, the 'blimp explanation' is certainly a start at a prosaic evaluation and, although the reported flight characteristics and electromagnetic interference effects described by the pilot crew, ground/air radar screens and Bluebook scientist Dr Hynek doesn't seem to tally with this opinion I salute you for attempting to offer a down to earth solution - anything has got to better than the completely contrived and intellectualy dishonest 'official' debunk (twinkling stars).

Here's another interesting article about the case from Thomas Tullen and it does contain this witness sketch of the object from Captain Brad Runyon:

Cheers.

#43    skyeagle409

skyeagle409

Forum Divinity

• 29,013 posts

• Keep Your Mach Up and Check Six

Posted 28 July 2011 - 04:59 AM

View Postkarl 12, on 27 July 2011 - 08:37 AM, said:

Hey Psyche, the 'blimp explanation' is certainly a start at a prosaic evaluation and, although the reported flight characteristics and electromagnetic interference effects described by the pilot crew, ground/air radar screens and Bluebook scientist Dr Hynek doesn't seem to tally with this opinion I salute you for attempting to offer a down to earth solution - anything has got to better than the completely contrived and intellectualy dishonest 'official' debunk (twinkling stars).

Here's another interesting article about the case from Thomas Tullen and it does contain this witness sketch of the object from Captain Brad Runyon:
Cheers.

Hi Karl,

I can remember when I was discussing the Minot AFB UFO incident, it was during the time we had our air show, and guess where the Air Force placed my exhibition booth? Right next to a B-52 from Minot AFB. So, I decided to have a little chat with the air crew. I took a photo of my booth situated behind that B-52.

I can safely say that the Minot AFB incident occurred as reported. Sometimes, it helps to be in the right place at the right time and during all of my years in the Air Force, I have been in the right place many times.

I have been very busy lately preparing for my participation for an air show this weekend.

Attached Files

Edited by skyeagle409, 28 July 2011 - 05:05 AM.

KEEP YOUR MACH UP AND CHECK SIX

#44    karl 12

karl 12

Government Agent

• 3,759 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 10:55 AM

Hey Sky, hope the Air show went well and thanks for posting the photograph of the B-52 involved in the Minot incident (which is certainly a nice piece of ufological history   B)   )

There's a good Herald Tribune article below about the case posted by a friend on another board and I did find myself nodding in agreement at this snippet.   :yes:

...Blue Book’s faulty reconstruction of this event would be scandalous had it been instigated by anything other than UFOs

link

Cheers.

#45    TheMcGuffin

TheMcGuffin

Government Agent

• 3,965 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 11:24 PM

I've referred to this case many times in my posts, along with quite a few others that are very similar, but once again the "skeptics" are almost always in default of any comments, even to explain what it could be or could not be besides a genuine UFO.

"The stuff that dreams are made of"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users