Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * * 2 votes

The Minot AFB B-52 UFO Incident.

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 12:41 AM

View Postskyeagle409, on 16 January 2012 - 04:22 AM, said:

The B-52 will be around 90 years old when it is finally retired from service. BTW, "Red Tails" is due for opening this Friday, January 20, and  I hope to bring Colonel Warren with me. He is doing just fine.

This B-52 is one that at least will not be cut up ! ,Cant wait to See the Red Tail movie this week ! WHen are you coming back to Texas Sky ?

Attached Thumbnails

• 379845_10150527827962836_707692835_8838511_392967479_n.jpg

This is a Work in Progress!

#77    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,132 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 09:14 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 January 2012 - 11:48 PM, said:

If we did have some sort of celestial event, surely there would be a record of it? [...]
I meant celestial body(ies) and B52 maneuvers seen from ground.

[...] I would think if it was EAS or similar, that some group should be aware of this, and be able to put 2 and 2 together, but in his case, it seems nobody has an alibi.[...]
EAS research was in its infancy, so to speak, back in those days (link).

[...]
Also the pilot description of metallic cylinder attached to another section that was shaped like a crescent moon is hard to resolve with a natural event, and also that we simply did not respond to a radar return. The entire event seems well,, uneventful. A genuine confirmed massive UFO should not be.
And here is the problem: in 1968 it was "Orange ball of light/A very dim ring of soft white light" (by pilot Maj. Partin), while in 2000 it became "Dull reddish-orange color like molten lava/metallic tube-like structure/greenish-yellow glow/section that was shaped like a crescent moon" (by copilot Capt. Runyon) (link).
Its like comparing Ferrari 599 GTB with Airbus A360, and saying its the same vehicle: both are elongated, both have lights, both have wheels, doors, windows... Ferrari don't have wings, but hey, thats very unimportant detail - its the same vehicle! :rolleyes:

Edited by bmk1245, 17 January 2012 - 09:15 AM.

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

I'm dead drunk and heave' hanging upside down... (good ol' AC/DC).

#78    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,590 posts

• A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be.
    Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:05 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 January 2012 - 11:42 PM, said:

Hi Quillius

Indeed, Quintanilla does not have a good record of convincing explanations, but he seemed to go the extra mile on this one. Plasma was still quite an unknown, so he must have sought the answer to fit. I find that out of character for him, as such I find the end result somewhat puzzling. Usually he seemed to find an answer he was happy with and that would suffice, this time he seems to have done much more than that. Why this case I wonder?

Personally I think we have an interesting anomaly, but again, the thing is reported as huge, how could it enter our airspace, and our solar system completely undetected? And what sort of system would keep such a massive body of the ground, and maneuver it like that? Regardless of technology, any alien still has to deal with inertia here. As such, I am struggling with the idea of a very large structured craft that is highly maneuverable, picks up speed at an amazing pace, and appears and disappears at will. And even though we have a genuine report, we decided it was not worth investigating. I think jumping to ET is premature considering all this. It is strange, but our actions are every bit as strange as the report itself. I am still thinking black ops. Maybe some attempt at an airborne refueling station or something.

Cheers.

Hey Psyche,

Like I said I know very little about this case, although I will look into it now.

You say he 'went the extra mile' which I need to look into and understand why you think this is the case, at first glance if his actions are as you say then yes I too am very puzzled by such actions, due to the fact that I agree he grabbed the first answer he could find and moved on. Why this one? is indeed a good question, but unless I look into the case I have no chance of answering.

:tu:

#79    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 17 January 2012 - 01:08 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 16 January 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

You did well, I got

404 | Page Not Found!
Sorry, but the page you were looking for is not here.

Although I was only expecting more codswallop from Hastings and Salas.

I tried it again now and I also got 'page not found'....

at least you may see why I get paranoid with this subject...one minute there ...the next gone..  :ph34r:

#80    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 03:09 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 17 January 2012 - 09:14 AM, said:

And here is the problem: in 1968 it was "Orange ball of light/A very dim ring of soft white light" (by pilot Maj. Partin), while in 2000 it became "Dull reddish-orange color like molten lava/metallic tube-like structure/greenish-yellow glow/section that was shaped like a crescent moon" (by copilot Capt. Runyon) (link).
Its like comparing Ferrari 599 GTB with Airbus A360, and saying its the same vehicle: both are elongated, both have lights, both have wheels, doors, windows... Ferrari don't have wings, but hey, thats very unimportant detail - its the same vehicle! :rolleyes:

Well its not really an issue If it looks like a Duck,and flys like a duck it then must be a Ferrari, or Airbus ! Its all in the way its looked upon and at by the witnesses ! From there its all a Duck shoot ! :tu:

#81    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,132 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:42 PM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 17 January 2012 - 03:09 PM, said:

Well its not really an issue If it looks like a Duck,and flys like a duck it then must be a Ferrari, or Airbus ! [...]
That would be a Moose that quacks like a Duck :rolleyes:

Arguing with fool is like playing chess with pigeon: he will scatter pieces, peck King's crown, crap on bishop, and fly away bragging how he won the game... (heard once, author unknown).
Zhoom! What was that? That was your life, Mate! Oh, that was quick. Do I get another? Sorry, Mate. That's your lot... Basil Fawlty (John Cleese).
If yesterday you would have stood up proud. Then why tonight have you thrown in with the stoning crowd? (Cradle of Filth)

#82    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:38 PM

Gotcha :tu:

Hrrmmzz, that first description reminds me of:

Posted Image
Photograph of "an unusual atmospheric occurrence observed over Sri Lanka," forwarded to the UK Ministry of Defence by RAF Fylingdales, 2004.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#83    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 11:49 PM

View Postquillius, on 17 January 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Hey Psyche,

Like I said I know very little about this case, although I will look into it now.

You say he 'went the extra mile' which I need to look into and understand why you think this is the case, at first glance if his actions are as you say then yes I too am very puzzled by such actions, due to the fact that I agree he grabbed the first answer he could find and moved on. Why this one? is indeed a good question, but unless I look into the case I have no chance of answering.

:tu:

Hi Mate

By this time Klass had abandoned his Plasma theories due to pressure from McDonalds cronies. To pick something that was derided by the majority of what were deemed "the experts" at the time seems quite bold to me.

Cheers.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants. - Sir Isaac Newton Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit. - Ed Stewart Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Dr Who

#84    DONTEATUS

DONTEATUS

Forum Divinity

• 19,031 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:08 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

Gotcha :tu:

Posted Image
Photograph of "an unusual atmospheric occurrence observed over Sri Lanka," forwarded to the UK Ministry of Defence by RAF Fylingdales, 2004.

Now that you mention it That photo does look like a quarterpounder -wit-cheese ! :wacko:

#85    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:33 AM

View PostDONTEATUS, on 18 January 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:

Now that you mention it That photo does look like a quarterpounder -wit-cheese ! :wacko:

Posted Image
Hamburgers! The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
Mmm-mmmm. That is a tasty burger. Big D, ever have a Big Kahuna Burger?

#86    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 04:35 AM

View Postquillius, on 17 January 2012 - 01:08 PM, said:

I tried it again now and I also got 'page not found'....

at least you may see why I get paranoid with this subject...one minute there ...the next gone..  :ph34r:

It is rubbing off!  :w00t:

#87    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:52 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2012 - 11:49 PM, said:

Hi Mate

By this time Klass had abandoned his Plasma theories due to pressure from McDonalds cronies. To pick something that was derided by the majority of what were deemed "the experts" at the time seems quite bold to me.

Cheers.

yes, its definitely an interesting point you have picked up on Psyche.

cheers  :tu:

#88    quillius

quillius

52.0839 N, 1.4328 E

• 5,590 posts

Albert Einstein

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:54 AM

View Postpsyche101, on 18 January 2012 - 04:35 AM, said:

It is rubbing off!  :w00t:

:w00t:  :lol:

#89    bmk1245

bmk1245

puny village idiot

• 5,132 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 05:28 PM

View Postpsyche101, on 17 January 2012 - 11:38 PM, said:

[...]

Posted Image
Spectacular view. But you must be cautious - ETHers will jump to conclusion that skeptics think cloud was responsible for Minot/B52 event :D

#90    psyche101

psyche101

The Customer.

• 38,300 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 10:33 PM

View Postbmk1245, on 18 January 2012 - 05:28 PM, said:

Spectacular view. But you must be cautious - ETHers will jump to conclusion that skeptics think cloud was responsible for Minot/B52 event :D

Lets call it an alien cloud for now, and see if that reaches middle ground? :lol:

It sure fits the initial description though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users