Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

The Strategy Of Remembering

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    News-Bot

News-Bot

Ectoplasmic Residue

• Pip
  • 151 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 04:52 PM

There is nothing special about the brains of people with the amazing ability to remember long sequences of letters or numbers, say scientists.
Instead, they conclude, their unusual talent is all down to a simple technique called "mnemonics".

Scientist Dr Eleanor Maguire of University College London looked at the brains of eight people who were leading contenders in the "World Memory Championships".

This event involves the memorising of random sequences of thousands of numbers, epic poems and hundreds of unrelated words.

[ Click Here To View The Complete Article ]                                                

#2    Loonboy

Loonboy

Poltergeist

• 2,852 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 09:15 PM

I often wondered with such a superior intellect like mine   blink.gif   why it was that my short-term memory was pants.

All I have to do now is find some familiar routes along which to park all my information titbits...
  ph34r.gif                                                

Do what you want and be what you feel. Because after all, those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't 'mind.

Work hard, keep the ceremonies, live peacably, and unite your hearts. Hopi

Listen to the voice of nature, for it holds treasures for you. Huron

The soul would have no rainbow if the eyes had no tears. Minquass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users