Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Grounding planes across Europe 'could lead to

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1    Still Waters

Still Waters

Deeply Mysterious

• 38,358 posts

• "Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better." - Albert Einstein

Posted 19 April 2010 - 12:41 PM

www.dailymail.co.uk said:

Temperatures in Europe could rise as a result of planes being grounded across the continent, according to research.

A study conducted after commercial flights were grounded for three days following the September 11 terror attacks found the average daily temperature range in the U.S. rose markedly - exceeding the three-day periods before and after by 1.8c.

Scientists claimed this showed that clouds formed by the water vapour in the exhaust from jet planes have a small but significant effect on daily temperatures.

Posted Image Read more...

Posted Image

#2    J.B.

J.B.

Alien Abducter

• 5,427 posts

• Deadpan snarker in your midst: Jokers beware. I eat jokes for fun and spit out seriousness just because that's how I roll. :P

Posted 19 April 2010 - 06:40 PM

I'll let Mattshark handle this one. He and I had a short conversation on the possibility of artificially inducing clouds as an anti-GCC measure. I'm not quite sure we came to any conclusions, but he'd know a bit more of the science than I would. I will say, if this study they mentioned is accurate, it does look up for the notion of generating clouds as global coolants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users