Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Britainís first crop circle of 2010 spotted

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#31    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:47 AM

The three photos of crop circles featured in the linked article of the OP seem rather sinister to me so I do hope, and almost feel certain that indeed these are a product of human manufacturing, and not any actual natural or supernatural phenomena.

#32    Soupy

Soupy

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 06:16 PM

ahhh cern abbas giant, took a pic of my wife standing on his knob!

#33    Br Cornelius

Br Cornelius

Forum Divinity

• 10,142 posts

• Stupid Monkeys.

Life Sucks.
    Get over it.

Posted 12 May 2010 - 07:21 PM

View PostSoupy, on 12 May 2010 - 06:16 PM, said:

ahhh cern abbas giant, took a pic of my wife standing on his knob!

I used to have a stash of them which I took to all corners of Europe and posted surreal messages back to my place of work - just to confuse them.
Lovely village in the best corner of England.

Those where the days.

Br Cornelius

I believe nothing, but I have my suspicions.

Robert Anton Wilson

#34    theQ

theQ

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 03:56 PM

For all the crop circles i have seen...i have seen 1000's...it's inconcievable to me that humans did every one of them and somehows after hundreds of years since crop circles have been around no more than a handfull of people have come forward or been exposed to creating just some of them...something else is going on....think about it.

#35    Jeanine

Jeanine

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• Be the Change you wish to see.

Ghandi

Posted 13 May 2010 - 06:53 PM

Crop circles you really need to see.

Be The Change

Peace,
Jeanine

#36    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,432 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

what a beuatifull new form of art... :)

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#37    timewaver

timewaver

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:42 AM

View Postolympic1, on 08 May 2010 - 08:18 AM, said:

just a couple of questions/points
1. why would aliens leave these kind of things
2.why only in the u.k
3.i thought aliens are elusive  and dont want man to find out about them (if there actually real wich i dont beleive they are) why leave these symbols behind them
4.man made for publicity bringing in money by tourists investegators or even a local tradition in the uk
Number 2. It's not only the UK. Visit the Dutch crop circle archive, hundreds of them. There's more than 10,000 worldwide, seen in Germany, Slovakia, Ohio, France, etc. Try youtube and type 'crop circles balls of light' and see what you get. As for the genuine, don't get fooled by hoaxers.

timewaver

#38    Blacksabbath

Blacksabbath

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:07 PM

Wonder if people still believe these things are made by space aliens.

#39    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,432 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:24 PM

maybe nazca was inspiration for crop circles.....

Posted Image

those can only be understood when looking down from the sky, so maybe they did it for the UFOs ("Gods")

Edited by SolarPlexus, 14 May 2010 - 08:41 PM.

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#40    Blackwhite

Blackwhite

Psychic Spy

• 1,081 posts

• I am minuspeptic, frasmotic, even compunctuous to have caused you such pericabobulations.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 03:05 PM

Some people say that crop circles are probably created by Wiltshire County Council to bring in tourists to the county which is the home of Stonehenge and the historic city of Salisbury.

That may be the case, but it's interesting to know that the first recorded crop circle appeared way back in 1678 in Hertfordshire in the days when England was still recovering from its devastating civil war.

Posted Image

A pamphlet of that year titled "The Mowing-Devil: or, Strange News out of Hartford-Shire" reports that a farmer, who refused to pay the price demanded by a labourer to mow his field, swore that he would rather that the Devil mowed it instead.

According to the pamphlet, that night his field appeared to be in flame. The next morning, the field was found to be perfectly mowed in a way that is very similar to today's crop circles.

There are also rumours that the British military is responsible for the creation of some, but bot all, crop circles.  Supporters of this theory say that the British military is conducting clandestine experiments of a psychological nature.  Phenomena of an electromagnetic origin have been observed within crop circles, including radiation measured at 50KHz frequency days after formation and people suffering the effects of radiation sicknes within crop circles.

Several crop circles have also appeared near military bases.  And an English physicist and glider pilot allegedly witnessed a cylindrical and reflective object hovering above areas where crop circles were frequent.

Edited by Blackwhite, 15 May 2010 - 03:06 PM.

#41    gustavo medrano

gustavo medrano

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

View Postolympic1, on 08 May 2010 - 08:18 AM, said:

just a couple of questions/points
1. why would aliens leave these kind of things
2.why only in the u.k
3.i thought aliens are elusive  and dont want man to find out about them (if there actually real wich i dont beleive they are) why leave these symbols behind them
4.man made for publicity bringing in money by tourists investegators or even a local tradition in the uk
hello my friend ,before I had my encounter with a extraterrestrial spaship (7 years before this) I met a friend that had 3 very closed encounters I did not know as much as I know now and it was dificult to belive but I think I did something inteligent I ask him again about his experiance in diferent times to see if I could catch him with something that would make this history all made up ,and you know after about 3 times that I ask him to share his history again I was convince that his history was real in that time I didnt know what to do with it, well at this time I had a closed encounter with a spaship and 2 shithings and I have come accross with a lot of people that have had this experiances < at this point I relized that  not only is true but ,very normal , and I belive strongly that soon we all are going to know this reality ,instead of denie it ,why dont you do your homework and do some surch , with all my respect ., look inside you. we are coming closer to a new era that its alredy manifesting ,please feel free to ask me anything there is so much information that I can share with you  God bless             Gustavo

#42    Belial

Belial

Devilish chappy.

• 4,417 posts

• dogs bark cats meow i fart go figure?

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:36 PM

Just HUMANS being humans, some for the crack and the rest probably to do with some god or other ;)

Edited by Belial, 15 May 2010 - 04:37 PM.

Where it states "For official use only" - gently rub a white wax candle over the area indicated.

Kick a habit - i never did like Tolkien...

#43    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,470 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

View Postilovejules25, on 08 May 2010 - 03:51 PM, said:

I don't even understand how these stories are still posted as "modern mysteries."  Haven't crop circles already been proven to be man-made?  I just watched a show called The Truth Behind Crop Circles last week... it was either on History Channel or National Geographic, I can't remember.

All this really takes is careful planning, time, and a good knowledge of math and geometry.  To say that humans couldn't possibly have the capacity to create a design in a field of grass... well, that's just seriously underestimating ourselves no?  They do admit there are crop circles out there that no one has stepped forward to claim responsibilty for.  But after all this, I find it extremely hard to believe that aliens create them and that humans happened to copycat the idea (or vice versa).
Yes, exactly, what it takes is time, and a great deal of planning. But yet they always seem to be able to do it overnight, (and now the nights are pretty short as well), without anyone ever noticing them do it (i.e. they would seem to do it without lights and without a lot of people coming & going), and getting it perfectly right first time each and every time (you never see any abandoned attempts that they dropped and went off and tried again).  The rational explanation leaves so many questions unanswered that it's decidedly unscientific, and rather unrational.

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#44    Valdemar the Great

Valdemar the Great

Commander in the Secret Space Fleet

• 24,470 posts

• Vampires are people too.

Posted 15 May 2010 - 08:11 PM

View PostBlackwhite, on 15 May 2010 - 03:05 PM, said:

Some people say that crop circles are probably created by Wiltshire County Council to bring in tourists to the county which is the home of Stonehenge and the historic city of Salisbury. .
LOL. They must employ some pretty darn efficient contractors. (See comments above.)

Life is a hideous business, and from the background behind what we know of it peer daemoniacal hints of truth which make it sometimes a thousandfold more hideous.

H. P. Lovecraft.

Posted Image

#45    johnk81

johnk81

Psychic Spy

• 1,054 posts

• Reporting live

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:55 PM

Anyone remember this? ...
Posted Image

Im not an expert but I live in Wiltshire and love to hear outside opinion on such "phenomena". This above example is in a very busy spot near a shooting school, an actual iron age fort (Barbury itself), small cafe, popular cycle track that I cycle myself many weekends.

These fields are big business for local farmers. I hear many "tourism" shouts whenever I see a crop circle argument crop (no pun intended) up. These really do appear overnight and if Wiltshire county council are carrying them out for tourism needs they do no such promotion ..... believe me I know I regularly visit this spot and know how busy this area is and what you need to understand is 4 things .... just for this particular crop circle;

1: 'If' these are perpetuated by local council for tourism its a waste - they rarely promote it and Wiltshire has so much more to offer.

2: 'If' locals are doing it they are in essence promoting a small cafe ....... Seems extreme for Angus Beef, they really do serve that and its really good burgers there.

3: 'If' like above the locals are doing it they are in essence shooting themselves in the foot, It would be like flushing money (in the form of crops) away.

and last thing ... 4: How and indeed why would a group of highly trained visual mathematicians get into a field long enough to imprint an intricate pattern representing Pi with local press and tourism showing no interest and farmers angry at the loss of income and the promotion of but a small cafe at stake?

Hmmm ....

Let me tell you this ... all the stories of fast unknown formations are real and to add and this is important ...

Although the above just states an argument .... I have absolutely no idea what they are ... and Im sure the locals in the pubs of Wiltshire dont know either, because if they are out claiming they did this ... believe me, this is Wiltshire, the local farmers will be out to give them a kicking ....

P.S I enjoy how people who have never been here to see them are experts ...

Thanks then!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users