Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

GIRLS FOOTBALL

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic

#1    $xY T!gr

$xY T!gr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• No matter who you are you are always someone

Posted 02 July 2004 - 07:29 PM

Hello! Who agrees that girls should be allowed to play football?  laugh.gif

I think that girls can be just as good as boys but maybe boys are better in games because they enjoy it more and are more suited to it.  blink.gif

Please give me your views on this topic.  rolleyes.gif

Edited by Tommy, 04 July 2004 - 10:43 AM.

#2    Talon

Talon

UM Chess Tournament Champion 2005

• 15,003 posts

• Life, Death, Anime inbetween

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:41 AM

If girls want to play football let them  tongue.gif we'd be a fascist state if we started telling people you can't play this sport or whatever cause your female.

That said, I don't think girls will ever get into a major club or woman's football ever be a mainstream as men in general will always be more physically built for a sport such as football (stamina etc). Disagree with me at your liesure.

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." -Plato

#3    $xY T!gr

$xY T!gr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:23 AM

Thank you for your view Talon S I agree with it totally.

#4    $xY T!gr

$xY T!gr

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 09:58 AM

Would anyone else care to give their view on Girl's Football?  original.gif  

#5    ladylisa

ladylisa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Damn straight!!!!!!

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

I am sorry but I totaly disagree.Where i live down south in Aussie girls play mainstream football with the boys and stop themin thier tracks most of the time.They earn the respect of the fellow team mates if they put in the hard yards the same as any one else on the team. Unfortunatly when a girl hits 13 they cant play alongside the boys and have to play in their own league which means they have to travel further because not as many girls play as boys but the option is still out there. My daughter played football (aussie rules) for two years and knocked many a boy down kicked goals  and did just as much if not more (because she was a girl in a boy dominated sport) than the fellas. As far as soccer goes my oldest daughter has played soccer for many years against males and does just as well in that sport. My personal opinion is that in general we dont teach girls to acheive in sports we give them a barbie doll when the boy gets the footie.What if we gave the  the football to the girl aswell what would she be able to acheive then? clap.gif Anything maybe?

Edited by ladylisa, 03 July 2004 - 10:48 AM.

#6    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

• Everyone likes a smouldering and sexy glare from a diminutive scientist.

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:40 AM

Unfortunatly when a girl hits 13 they cant play alongside the boys and have to play in their own league

Key words in your arguement there wink2.gif Along comes puberty, and the guys leave us far, far behind. I can't say I've played much football, but wrestling training has underlined quite painfully for me the different levels of physical abilities between the average guy and the average woman (there's a great deal I'm not able to do, simply because I'm not big and strong enough).

In the professional ranks, I can't think of a single sport where woman can realistically compete with men, sad as it is to say. There's a huge difference between children playing against each other, and fully grown adults. It's a pity, but it's just the way things are.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#7    Murdison

Murdison

Psychic Spy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,853 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:53 AM

:catANYONE REMEMBER THE FOOTBALL MATCH IN BEDNOBS AND BROOMSTICKS!
C'MON GIRLS,FOOTIE IS A BOY'S GAME! HAVE SOME GIRL STRIKERS WHERE I LIVE!.....GOD THEIR STRIKEINGLY GOOD LOOKING!  devil.gif "STICK 2 WENDY DOLL'S!"  thumbsup.gif  

Posted Image

#8    ladylisa

ladylisa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Damn straight!!!!!!

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:54 AM

Yes Men and Women are Physicaly differant but do we have to compete against them or encourage more women to play and train for various elite levels of sports .

#9    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 03 July 2004 - 10:59 AM

...thank you for that...very articulate and...moving contribution, Mr Dunderhead blink.gif

um....anyway...

Yes Men and Women are Physicaly differant but do we have to compete against them or encourage more women to play and train for various elite levels of sports

There's really a limit to what training can do....true, there are exceptional female athletes in the world, but we're still limited by what our body's capable of doing. I remember hearing about a former Wimbledon woman's tennis champion, who said the hardest matches she had were against her coach.

Her coach was a retired male tennis player, who'd never broken the top 100 in his prime. She'd beaten him twice out of hundreds upon hundreds of games. Even at the absolute top levels, the "elite" you're talking about, there's a massive gulf we're not able to close.

So far as I know, there isn't any law that says women can't play football, or other sports with the men at a world class level...but it's never going to happen I'm afraid. It's just not practical if you intend to have a fair competition.

Posted Image

Apparantly, over on Exchristian.Net, they say that I'm "probably the smartest person" on UM....that is so cool...

#10    Rejection

Rejection

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 28 posts

• An' it harm none , do what thou will

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:13 PM

Ugh, even thru this age of equal rights we r such a sexist world. Girls should be allowed the chance to do anything that boys do, and boys anything that girls do. Jees. We're not 2 completely different species!!!!! And sum of the girls ive seen play football r just as good as the boys!

#11    AliceCoopersGirl

AliceCoopersGirl

Forum Babe

• 4,406 posts

• Janiel's insane asylum is cool...food is bad though.
    The Official Flirting buddy of The Steel Circle

Posted 03 July 2004 - 02:24 PM

I believe women should be able to play football,but not against men.
It would not make for good watching as the men would not play the game to their full capability,due to not wanting to go for a tackle if its a woman on the ball.
The point is that it does come down to the fact that men are physically stronger then women,that will never change.

Posted Image  
Posted Image

#12    ladylisa

ladylisa

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 39 posts

• Damn straight!!!!!!

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:26 AM

I think you all are correct(mostly) but just giving the girls the oportunity and encouragement at a junior level even changes attitudes like dunderheads and even many girls out there.sport teaches girls and boys to stive to achieve and how to compete against yourself and opposition.As lovely as barbie is she teaches girls to strive for the unatainable fantasy world which is why our divorce rate is soring .

Edited by ladylisa, 04 July 2004 - 08:34 AM.

#13    jimma

jimma

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 311 posts

• The Horror, Oh,The Horror

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:35 AM

Girls NO - NOT TILL YOU@VE LEARNT THE OFFSIDE RULE wink2.gif  

#14    Seraphina

Seraphina

Voted Best Member 2005

• 7,133 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 08:50 AM

As lovely as barbie is she teaches girls to strive for the unatainable fantasy world which is why our divorce rate is soring

huh.gif

That's an....interesting theory wacko.gif I would have thought most people stepped out of that particular fantasy world the moment they got a job, started living alone, or had any kind of life experience whatsoever tongue.gif

Anyone over the age of 15 who's still clinging to Barbie's perfect little world must be leading a seriously sheltered life huh.gif I've yet to find a guy who's still running around pretending to shoot at Mr. X well into his adulthood because that's what Action Man did in HIS life tongue.gif  

Posted Image

#15    Janiel

Janiel

Author of Best Signature 2005

• 11,369 posts

Posted 04 July 2004 - 09:25 AM

hmmm girls in football...*pictures a bunch of really merf girls playing in the nfl or something...*

*pictures a bunch of cheerleaders playing football...*

but seriously, if they wanna let 'em i have no objections

Posted Image
гордый фетишйст

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users