Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

* * * * - 18 votes

The Strange Tale of "Dr. 58"

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
741 replies to this topic

#46    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Another very interesting read IG. Thanks for sharing.

#47    Guyver

Guyver

Poltergeist

• 3,242 posts

• Then I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
    Ecclesiastes

Posted 14 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

View PostSleepless Dreams, on 14 May 2010 - 06:04 PM, said:

I have experienced something that no one else would possibly believe, so there is no way that I can claim that he is full of @#%$! so to speak.

Try us.  We're into this sort of thing.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

#48    Corp

Corp

Telekinetic

• 6,951 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:09 PM

Ok if these people are scared witless of the Mississippi River how was Iowa settled? Or the rest of central and western US? Man score one for Mexico :P

War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things: the decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth a war, is much worse...A man who has nothing which he is willing to fight for, nothing which he cares more about than he does about his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free, unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

#49    Drifting Orchid

Drifting Orchid

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:34 PM

Interesting way it ended.
Saying that you were communicating with with someone else, perhaps the US in that government was using scare tactics to control it's people some how from avoiding sensitive areas.

View PostGuyver, on 14 May 2010 - 07:20 PM, said:

Try us.  We're into this sort of thing.

It is a bit off topic for this thread and forum.

Furthermore, I unfortunately do not feel like defending myself and listen to people attack me over claiming it to be true.

Thanks for the interesting read IG!

Feel Free to drop me a line at my AIM name: DriftingOrchid

#50    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,431 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:11 PM

View PostSleepless Dreams, on 14 May 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

Furthermore, I unfortunately do not feel like defending myself and listen to people attack me over claiming it to be true.

Lol. Boy can I relate!

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#51    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,080 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

I still don't know what to think of all of this. I have no doubt you are a very gifted writer IG. In the question part of your experience, I see you refer to "we" as in there are more people than yourself present during these sessions. Just curious. What do they think about this?

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#52    IronGhost

IronGhost

Government Agent

• 3,431 posts

• "DON'T TAZE ME, BRO!"

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:10 PM

View Postsusieice, on 14 May 2010 - 10:38 PM, said:

I still don't know what to think of all of this. I have no doubt you are a very gifted writer IG. In the question part of your experience, I see you refer to "we" as in there are more people than yourself present during these sessions. Just curious. What do they think about this?

Ha, ha! What do other people think who attend my session in person? Let's just say I get extremely little respect, generally in a good natured sort of way. Occasionally some people get very spooked and leave; other times, some people are profoundly affected in an emotional way, bt that's not too often.

The vast majority of the time, however, I prefer to conduct session with just three people, myself, an Ouija partner and a recorder, and most of the time these are the same two people -- although over the years there have been many different situations.

In general, I avoid "an audience" because it very quickly snowballs, dozens of people want to attend, and it becomes a zoo. There have been times when a person or persons will try to sneak in a tape recorder or video camera, or take pictures with their phones, but I strictly forbid all of this this.

The Dr. 58 sessions are being handled by just Brian and I, and an old battered tape recorder, and are only done after we do some kind of hard labor, such as chopping or hauling wood, or working in the forest.

www.ironghost.wordpress.com

#53    Kriegermonch

Kriegermonch

Government Agent

• 3,285 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:22 PM

Jeeze, so many martyrs here, who would have guessed?

#54    susieice

susieice

December's Child

• 11,080 posts

• "Some say the world will end in fire, some say in ice."
    .....Robert Frost

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

OK. I got ya. You and a person named Brian are usually the only people present when these sessions take place. I understand why you wouldn't want a lot of people around. I would probably be one of the spooked ones. I asked because it seems these sessions would be long. I can't recall hearing about anyone receiving such frequent time of contact with one specific entity over such a long period of time using a Ouiji board. I'm not saying I doubt you, I was just wondering.

Anyway, I am looking forward to reading more about these communications with the Dr. 58 entity. You say you only conduct these sessions after hard labor or being in the woods. Does that have some sort of significance to the two of you? Again, just curious.

"The universe is full of magical things, patiently waiting for our wits to sharpen."  Eden Phillpotts

Opponere draconem est prehendere vitam

"I'm sure the universe is full of intelligent life. It's just been too intelligent to come here." Arthur C. Clarke

#55    Ashleen

Ashleen

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

Wow. that's really intriguing. You're deff. tapping into a creative resource. I want to try this. I was wondering if there's a trick or technique to make it work. I have a ouija board that I made, but I've yet to get anything out of it.

Ashleen

#56    Guyver

Guyver

Poltergeist

• 3,242 posts

• Then I saw that wisdom excels folly as light excels darkness.
    Ecclesiastes

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

View PostSleepless Dreams, on 14 May 2010 - 09:34 PM, said:

It is a bit off topic for this thread and forum.

Thanks for the interesting read IG!

PM me, you won't receive skeptical criticism and I'll give you some of mine as well.

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
- Aristotle

#57    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:27 AM

Wow.
I have always thought that Ouija boards open up or "permit" the subconscious to express itself, hence so many garbled messages.  I am amazed you've been doing this for 40+years.  I can't help but wonder if you haven't developed a skill in letting the SubC out?  

But why not permit cameras and other recordings?  Perhaps a CCTV infrared cam?  I dunno, you're the expert and I have NEVER fooled with a Ouija board.

I wanna read more of your accounts!!

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#58    Murrangurk

Murrangurk

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 02:50 AM

Verdantic - that means green....

Green mysteries....what have you been smoking?

Sorry couldn't resist.  Please, more!!

Timey Wimey, Wibbly Wobbly.  Amen.
I play banjo - www.ccthornley.com

#59    OldTimeRadio

OldTimeRadio

Government Agent

• 3,527 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 04:33 AM

Any idea of how 58 (might that stand for EH?) became a Doctor (of what?) by age 17, in 1951 OR 2010?

Edited by OldTimeRadio, 15 May 2010 - 04:34 AM.

#60    _Only

_Only

• 6,593 posts

• Did you ever grow anything in the garden of your mind? You can grow ideas, in the garden of your mind. - Mr. Rogers

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:32 AM

View PostOldTimeRadio, on 15 May 2010 - 04:33 AM, said:

Any idea of how 58 (might that stand for EH?) became a Doctor (of what?) by age 17, in 1951 OR 2010?
Posted Image

I love to make mashups! Click here to hear!
I also love taking pictures! Click here to see!
I love to play drums, too! Whatever you do, don't click here!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users