Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Uniting Humanity

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16    digitalartist

digitalartist

Psychic Spy

• Validating
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

• I'm Done

Posted 13 May 2010 - 04:22 PM

View PostCpl599, on 12 May 2010 - 11:57 AM, said:

Look up Project Bluebeam.

Why should we look up a conspiracy theory and how does a myth enable the uniting of humanity?

For those unfamiliar with Project Bluebeam, it was first appeared on the internet some 15 years ago if I remember rightly.  Supposed a project that will result in a one world government, a one world army, and a one world religion.  [sarcasm]As you can see we are nearly there[/sarcasm].  It's your basic NWO conspiracy theory.

#17    Torchwood

Torchwood

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 05:09 PM

@rosewin: of course I meant a real one, that way only half of UM will attempt to denounce it as a hoax!

@zoombie: I agree with hawking there: any other race we meet out there will , like ourselves, be the top of their own worlds food chain, we're going to be running into the best evolution could come up with, and they won't have gotten there by being nice. They may have worked out that later but we can't rely on it. I know it's incorrect to say we are the pinnacle of evolution, because playing the game changes the rules, but humans are brilliant predators and very versatile  , which is what has given us the opportunity and technology to start reaching out into space, and we can't expect aliens to be anything less. Evolution gets to play a whole new game when the competition for finite resources goes interstellar.
The best of each planet get to go head to head and the winner will be the last one served!

@emma acid; true, though we had a colliecross that tried tofollow her instinct and herd cats(we don't own sheep!).  Not a game they were interested in!

"There is no beating these British. They were completely beaten and the day was mine, but they did not know it, and would not run."  Marshall Soult to Napoleon.

#18    SolarPlexus

SolarPlexus

Warrior of Light

• 3,432 posts

• .....This moment contains all moments.....

...You dont have a Soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.....

Posted 14 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

View PostRosewin, on 12 May 2010 - 06:46 AM, said:

What are some ways you believe could unite humanity?

Only beauty :)

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual."
Galileo Galilei
Posted Image
"Who never walks save where he sees men's tracks makes no discoveries."J.G. Holland

#19    startreksteve

startreksteve

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:26 AM

What are some ways you believe could unite humanity? I think for starters we should try and just be human,

you could start by the US (& UK) stopping invading other countries, so Iran may have WOMD, who gave the west the right to say who has nukes? who gave US permission? Im not saying its right for somewhere like Iran to have nukes, but they have as much global right as anyone else on the planet (stupid as the idea is). If Islamic countries want to marry 12 year old girls... hey Its THEIR country!! NOT a part of the US. Let people live their own lives, I dont agree with them but I also dont rule their country!!!

#20    Astute One

Astute One

Conspiracy Theorist

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:11 PM

It doesnt' have to be war but a crisis, and the crisis must have very dire consequences such as an upcoming asteriod collision or other potential extinction event.  When survival is at risk, then people unite weather it be war with ET. or asteriod, or large lunatic cult, or large solar flare (which is a big possibility in the upcoming three years).

http://www.theepocht...ent/view/37183/

#21    danydandan

danydandan

Conspiracy Theorist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

• Deus iudex est meus

super omnes familia

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

What are some ways you believe could unite humanity? I think for starters we should try and just be human, not by reading a book which tells us the best way to be a human, not by trying to find the best system for all humans to go by, no, by simply communing, which basically means to not just communicate but understand as well, which leads to acceptance of others. That was rather general so anything more specific would be welcomed and reading books (regardless of genre) and trying to live by your own system which works for you is always recommended as well.
Don't mean to be depressing, but nothing can or ever will unite humanity. Maybe for the exception of the end of humanity. We will all be united then eh

"And Shepherds we shall be For thee, my Lord, for thee.
Power hath descended forth from Thy hand Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
And teeming with souls shall it ever be.
In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti."

#22    Fernand0

Fernand0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

View PostTorchwood, on 12 May 2010 - 07:26 AM, said:

Bring on the interstellar war.
Aliens that don't come in peace is at the top of the list.

View Postdanydandan, on 11 June 2010 - 09:10 PM, said:

Don't mean to be depressing, but nothing can or ever will unite humanity. Maybe for the exception of the end of humanity. We will all be united then eh
Actually, when it's us against another species we'd be too busy fighting that species to kill one another. If we win against the aliens we might start killing each other again, but we would be doing so after having united together.

#23    A Shadow

A Shadow

Astral Projection

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

View PostEmma_Acid, on 13 May 2010 - 03:05 PM, said:

What makes you think it can be united??? Just because we're sentient and intelligent, we're still animals.

There will always be some who have no desire to united. Some want to live like animals. Its a part of the world. Light and Dark

If something happens that wipes out most of humanity the left overs will maybe have a chance for such a thing. But I still think there will be some who rather be "dark" so to speak.

#24    lightly

lightly

metaphysical therapist

• 5,809 posts

• "The future ain't what it used to be"
    Yogi Berra

Posted 13 June 2010 - 01:29 AM

yup,  we're animals.. with one powerful and divisive difference... BIG egos! ...  so,  we feel a need to be better, more important, prettier, stronger/more powerful!!!!!!  richer, whateverer...   As long as we perceive ourselves ,and all other life for that matter,  as being SEPARATE  .. we will be in conflict. . .?

* edit to add, after further reflection :lol: ,  We seem to be able to except the idea that all energy/matter emerged from one singularity  ....  well,  is life energy?    see? it's 'still' all parts of a whole?...  that's how i think anyway .

Edited by lightly, 13 June 2010 - 01:46 AM.

Important:  The above may contain errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and other limitations.

#25    Diamond Sheet

Diamond Sheet

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 June 2010 - 06:58 AM

View PostTorchwood, on 12 May 2010 - 07:26 AM, said:

Nothing unites people like a common enemy. Thats how we started with tiddly little tribes of a dozen people and after several million years ended up with gigantic warring nations.

Bring on the interstellar war.

This was also the plot of the "Watchmen" movie (havent read the original graphic novel), Dr Manhattan became the common enemy that united the USA and USSR, ending the cold war. I can't really imagining it any other way, say someone had something another person wanted and the world was united and peaceful with no weapons, I'm sure that other person would be greedy and create weapons if necessary to take it from the other person. There will never be total harmony

#26    Sir Wearer of Hats

Sir Wearer of Hats

SCIENCE!

• 10,303 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:15 PM

Besides, with the Interstellar war, there'd still be a fair set of Quislings and people siding with the aliens against whichever faction from Earth they don't like. I can't see the Israelis and Palestinians being on the same side in anything, can you?

I must not fear. Fear is the Mind-Killer. It is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and to move through me. And when it is gone I will turn the inner eye to see it's path.
When the fear is gone, there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

#27    Fernand0

Fernand0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:43 AM

View PostWearer of Hats, on 17 June 2010 - 10:15 PM, said:

Besides, with the Interstellar war, there'd still be a fair set of Quislings and people siding with the aliens against whichever faction from Earth they don't like. I can't see the Israelis and Palestinians being on the same side in anything, can you?
If you were a Type 3 civilization intent on conquering a Type 0 civilization, you would not use diplomacy. Do we send people to negotiate with cockroaches before we exterminate them?

#28    Zooty

Zooty

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:08 AM

View Poststartreksteve, on 11 June 2010 - 10:26 AM, said:

If Islamic countries want to marry 12 year old girls... hey Its THEIR country!! NOT a part of the US. Let people live their own lives, I dont agree with them but I also dont rule their country!!!

But what about the 12 year old girls? Is it fair to just leave it be when they are a human as you and I? I dunno, I tend to look at things in a 'I'm on the Human team' sort of way before race or religion or politics plays a role, when making decisions like that.

And letting just anyone have crazy weapons isn't a good idea either. Better to be precautionary in one big Alliance than just let everyone do whatever, and risk a petty feud turning into one country not existing anymore.

Edited by Zooty, 18 June 2010 - 06:11 AM.

#29    nognome

nognome

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 410 posts

• there are no storybook romances No... fairy tale endings So before you run out to change the world,Ask yourself:
    What do you really want?

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:22 AM

burn all flags no nations no states no patriots

[i]We see the iceberg from 15 miles away
The captain orders the ship to "stay the course""Full speed ahead" shouts the accurst The next thing we heard was, "rich women and children first"The ship is listing, the captain's placing blame on the iceberg "That berg attacked us, I am declaring war on the Arctic"

#30    Fernand0

Fernand0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

View Postnognome, on 18 June 2010 - 07:22 AM, said:

burn all flags no nations no states no patriots
John Lennon had the right idea, but we need to evolve as a civilization before that can happen. If we are still here as a civilization 100 years from now we will be a Type 1 civilization, which will unite the world and all of it's people. Nothing short of interstellar war can unite humanity during our lifetime.

It isn't going to happen while we are a Type 0 civilization. However, a one world government is inevitable as a Type 1 civilization.

Edited by Fernand0, 18 June 2010 - 08:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users