Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Uniting Humanity

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:21 AM

Technological singularity holds that one day soon artificial intelligence created by computer grids working as one will surpass human intelligence.

Maybe this alien life form that is supposed to come down and be greater than us is actually being built by us now?

Altogether different is that one theory that the whole of the earth or its surface will be turned into one giant computer processor.

What would we be able to do then?

Still different it would be interesting to turn Earth into a giant rocket ship and move it away from the sun before it dies and travel to another system.

Is that a type 1 civilization?

Edited by Rosewin, 18 June 2010 - 08:22 AM.

#32    Fernand0

Fernand0

Paranormal Investigator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:28 AM

View PostRosewin, on 18 June 2010 - 08:21 AM, said:

Still different it would be interesting to turn Earth into a giant rocket ship and move it away from the sun before it dies and travel to another system.

Is that a type 1 civilization?
A Type 3 civilization has exhausted the power of it's mother star, that is Type 3.

It has gone galactic and has spread over several star systems.

edit

A Type 2 civilization can stop their mother star from going supernova or move their planet out of the way. They need to move their home planet only when it's mother star's energy is exhausted as a Type 3 civilization and they have no choice. Of course, they can opt to let nature run it's course and live on another planet. By the time a civilization is Type 3, they have several star systems colonized and the planet they originated from would only be something they would want to conserve as a matter of nostalgia and for archeological reasons. If humans reach Type 3 civilization status, the Earth would most likely be a museum.

Edited by Fernand0, 18 June 2010 - 08:57 AM.

#33    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 18 June 2010 - 09:55 AM

View PostCradle of Fish, on 12 May 2010 - 08:39 AM, said:

LSD in the water and Cannabis in the bread would do the trick. :P

:lol:......that works wonders.......but seriously.......my old b/f's mum use to make and drop over the best hash cookies.........she warned only to nibble while i vacumed the house...............but seriously.......as i posted in a another thread........a book my mum gave me(The seven spiritual laws of success!...by DEEPAC CHOPRA).......... :)

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

#34    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

View Postcluey, on 18 June 2010 - 09:55 AM, said:

(The seven spiritual laws of success!...by DEEPAC CHOPRA)[/b]

My father gave me that book. It changed me forever for being so small.

#35    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:08 PM

I was inspired to respond to this thread after watching an epic kung fu film last night. It was your typical good V evil contest but with a great deal of metaphysical fantasy but done parallel to a purely physical political struggle. Anyway they way that good overcame evil was first to sacrifice the elder generation in order to empower the younger one to reach it's potential.

The next part involved retrieving twin magickal swords. They were purple and green which I thought were quite odd colours for magick swords at first. Then it was explained that green was for earth and purple for heaven and in order to vanquish evil they much unite as one. Well the union of heaven and earth is an interesting one and brings to mind the idea of Atlas and Imhotep amongst many others holding back the primal waters of destruction and chaos.

In Sun Tzu's Art of War, heaven is used to refer to the elements and time while earth is distance and the dimensions of space. If one incorporates knowledge of both into strategy better than the opponent then one can overcome the enemy.

If humanity is ever to unite I think there is a need to unite opposites at the heart of it against a common foe. The foe can be a philosophy itself such as nihlism, fascism or scientology (no offense anybody) rather than a nation or something but perhaps they will come together at the appointed time. Anway my points is that if the opposites of north and south, rich and poor, old and young and even good and evil can unite for a common purpose then it will be achieved. Whether it can be sustained is another matter.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#36    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:25 PM

When two civilizations meet and one overcomes the other, conflict does occur but there is also cooperation occurring at the same time on different levels between the two civilizations. History books might always focus on how we destroy each other but rarely how we help each other. Take heart it happens more often than not. History is not just two world leaders signing a document but a thousand friends who only met because two civilizations have met.

Edited by Rosewin, 18 June 2010 - 04:25 PM.

#37    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

• "As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light in the darkness of mere being." Carl Jung

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:55 PM

View PostRosewin, on 18 June 2010 - 04:25 PM, said:

When two civilizations meet and one overcomes the other, conflict does occur but there is also cooperation occurring at the same time on different levels between the two civilizations. History books might always focus on how we destroy each other but rarely how we help each other. Take heart it happens more often than not. History is not just two world leaders signing a document but a thousand friends who only met because two civilizations have met.

Heart is taken. I agree there is invariably a synthesis whereby the best parts of the old are retained and added to the conquering elements that have superceding the failing parts.

It's a shady area when trying to generalize it into one or more sections. For me currently the best ways in which to define the spirit and the material are Enochian and Mosaic law. I equally like the cyclic and linear definitions but I think the differences between the books of Enoch and Moses exemplify the issue well. However, a problem exists in our translations and modern interpretations of Enoch I & II.

History is a wave and concepts of good and evil are too subjective to be useful I feel.

"I belive no thing, I follow the Law of One. I am a Man-O'-Sion under construction."

#38    Agent. Mulder

Agent. Mulder

Only man to have fought Sasquatch. And lived...

• 15,163 posts

• ...highly unlikely, but not outside the realm of Extreme possibility.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:36 PM

Posted Image
works like a charm

the truth is out there....

#39    THE MATRIX

THE MATRIX

Poltergeist

• Closed
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:40 PM

A case of Coronas

#40    TheLoneWhiteWolf

TheLoneWhiteWolf

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 7 posts

• All we know is still infinitely less than all that remains unknown.

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:42 PM

To unite means to join together or to make two or more things one under the same group. Humanity is already united. We are all interconnected, made of the same stuff when it comes down to it. People find comfort in their differences so that they can feel good about themselves being better than this person or that person and look up to this person or that person. This is the message we're always taught, everyone is different, we're all special, so on and so forth. What we're not reminded of nearly as often is all of the things we share in common, the most important thing being that at the most basic of levels, we aren't different at all. An expression I've heard is that we're droplets of water which all add up to the same ocean. Are we individual? Yes, of course we are. However, we are all a part of the same thing.

The problems we have now are not brought on my differences or diversities because those are just illusions of our minds, the problem is that people look at others and see aliens instead of seeing themselves. You and I, we know that we'd look funny at an alien, think oddly of an alien, talk badly about an alien because their so much different and that scares us. But, if we look at one another's face and see our face or feel one another's heart beat and feel our heart beat, we won't find it so easy to discriminate or to see vast differences, for we would see that beyond illusion we are united as one and the same. All our problems lie in mis-communication, selective compassion and condemnation. If we work to communicate and use diplomacy without ridiculous threats, if we feel compassion for every person no matter what they've done or who they are, and if we learn to sympathize and lend a hand instead of outwardly condemn, we will know peace and we will know unity.

The worst thing that should be done is to unite under one government or one religion or one belief system. To those who say that it is inevitable for that to happen in order for a type 1 civilization to exist in 100 years, I say that civilization will fall in less than half the time it took for it to rise. You should think a whole lot more on the repercussions of having one of any of those.

When you walk down the street and see a stranger, look at them as if they are yourself. Surely, you should be careful, but you should realize that everyone is you and you are them. You can be different, that's fine and great, but don't look down on people for you are looking down on yourself. If you can accept the fact that you are not individually special, but special because of what your a part of, you will be working towards a greater world. War solves no problems in reality, there are chain reactions that lead to "good" things, though war leads to more war. It's only the act of saying no to war that decreases it's future likeliness. So now you suggest faking the war or faking wonderful things to unite humanity? Good luck with that, but as soon as they find you out, their coming for ya.  :P

The Lone White Wolf
Shadow of the West
The Protector

“He that makes himself a sheep shall be eaten by a wolf”

#41    danielost

danielost

Forum Divinity

• 31,828 posts

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

View Postover9millionyearsold, on 12 May 2010 - 07:41 AM, said:

Yup... interstellar war is the quickest way to unite humanity. First we have to invent interstellar travel, find a hostile alien race and wage war on them. This is not sarcasm, but the sad, sad truth.
or colonize mars. which then breaks away and an interplanetary wars starts.

I am a Mormon.  If I don't use Mormons believe, those my beliefs only.
I do not go to church haven't for thirty years.
There are other Mormons on this site. So if I have misspoken about the beliefs. I welcome their input.
I am not perfect and never will be. I do strive to be true to myself. I do my best to stay true to the Mormon faith. Thanks for caring and if you don't peace be with you.

#42    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:10 AM

SlimJim, Enochian and Mosaic? Sorry please explain to me how that fit in with two civlizations coming together? I know it does but got lost somehow. I know in Enoch the angels meet men, spirit meets material, is this what you meant? If so tell me how it connects, what happened after they met. If that is not what you meant then start me over, I am interested.

Ok you also mentioned in the post before about Sun Tzu's Art of War you said heaven represent elements and time. I just wanted to add that in Latin and even modern Italian the word for weather is the same word for time. Thought you would appreciate that.

Wolf I agree with much of what you said, except for your belief that one world government will not work, but the rest I can see clearly.

It is like getting on the highway, by getting on it we choose to become one with the rest of the drivers on the road, to be mad at one who is in your way for a few seconds is the same as being mad at yourself. You are them, they are you.

Surely some do get on the highway thinking it is all theirs, only they count, others better get out of their way or else, horn blast or worse, and out of anger.

That attitude is like your hand being mad at your foot. Once we enter the highway, or are born, we become one with the road, or this world.

You are right, we are already united, but just because we are does not mean others notice or act accordingly.

I think a one world government is inevitabe. Just as we could no longer remain tribes becaue clans then kingdoms took over, we cannot remain nations forever either but must keep growing.

#43    SlimJim22

SlimJim22

Alien Abducter

• 4,682 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:56 AM

View PostRosewin, on 19 June 2010 - 05:10 AM, said:

SlimJim, Enochian and Mosaic? Sorry please explain to me how that fit in with two civlizations coming together? I know it does but got lost somehow. I know in Enoch the angels meet men, spirit meets material, is this what you meant? If so tell me how it connects, what happened after they met. If that is not what you meant then start me over, I am interested.

Ok you also mentioned in the post before about Sun Tzu's Art of War you said heaven represent elements and time. I just wanted to add that in Latin and even modern Italian the word for weather is the same word for time. Thought you would appreciate that.

Wolf I agree with much of what you said, except for your belief that one world government will not work, but the rest I can see clearly.

It is like getting on the highway, by getting on it we choose to become one with the rest of the drivers on the road, to be mad at one who is in your way for a few seconds is the same as being mad at yourself. You are them, they are you.

Surely some do get on the highway thinking it is all theirs, only they count, others better get out of their way or else, horn blast or worse, and out of anger.

That attitude is like your hand being mad at your foot. Once we enter the highway, or are born, we become one with the road, or this world.

You are right, we are already united, but just because we are does not mean others notice or act accordingly.

I think a one world government is inevitabe. Just as we could no longer remain tribes becaue clans then kingdoms took over, we cannot remain nations forever either but must keep growing.

Yeah you are right, I was meaning the difference between spiritual and material laws. To many who don't know about Enoch, you'd think Moasaic law is the basis of what you should or shouldn't do. However, history tells us that this view is not static and at varying points throughout history an interest in the mystical over the mundane has led to a leap in consciousness, technology and understanding. Hermiticism had a revival with the neoplatonists in the early christian period then it all went very quiet for a few centuries. The Grail romances may have touched on it but it was not until the Rennaisance and Age of Enlightenment that they started to have a major contribution once more. Still in coming years with advances in quantum research and the growth of New Age subjects, one coulkd describe this as a move towards the Enochian or Hermetic philosophy.

I shall try and find some good referenced sources on the subject later but am a little short of time.

I agree with Wolf, that creating a One world system is negative if there is one belief system employed. This is because choosing one religion regardless of cultural differences is flawed and can only lead to repression without a single unifying event. However, politics is not really the place for religion and if we could unite through a mutual understanding and acceptance of diversity then we might be on the way. Complete non-prejudicial freedom of belief would be a good start and then many could become as one gradually, whereby competition is replaced with cooperation regardless of the religion held by individuals. Due to the current scenario I think we are a fair way away because of conditions of greed and revenge and the apparent need to have superiority over others and dominion over land. When we realize we are protectors and not owners of land we will be well on the way. Not in my lifetime.

#44    cluey

cluey

complete paradox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,080 posts
  • Location:~in your head,lol.....seriously though............."the driest continate on earth".......which is also comparable to a land mass on another planet!!!...........

• BLACK ADDER!!!.."let's get them when and where they are most vulnerable"...*WHACK*....."just my luck to get the one that was hard".... :D

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:50 PM

ok!....my problem with this question about uniting humanity is.......(human nature is a psychological characteristic that all human have in common)........considering not all humans are normal.......how is this possible?????

Believes all people have to admit to some level of neurosis!!!
will never let my mother cut my hair again!!!!
The feet you step on today!....might be attached to the legs of the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!!!!
it is hard to sore high with the eagles when you are surrounded by turkeys!!!!

#45    Rosewin

Rosewin

Omnipotent Entity

• Banned
  • 8,967 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:22 PM

View PostSlimJim22, on 19 June 2010 - 10:56 AM, said:

However, history tells us that this view is not static and at varying points throughout history an interest in the mystical over the mundane has led to a leap in consciousness, technology and understanding.

I would especially like to hear examples of this. From my understanding we are forging new ground, again, for as far as increasing technology to such a high output. Again because we had to have advanced technology to construct megaliths, including the pyramids, which many of we would not be able to reconstruct today using all of our technology.

It is somewhat doubtful in my mind that mystical or spirituality was behind that technology. Further I would add that if our modern situation could be an example for the ancient technological advance that just like today there would have been no technology based on mystical or spiritual.

In fact they seem to be opposites of sorts, one can rely on technology, or one can rely on esoteric knowledge. One can also attempt a happy medium between the two.

A society though, if large enough, can indeed have both technological and spiritual advances at the same time but always technology will be knowledge that all can use, in other words knowledge that is applied outwardly, and mysticism is knowledge applied inwardly. And while those in this pluralistic society can indeed delve deep into the mystical arts, and if enough pursue such that it could have some benefit on society, the benefit would be manifested in perhaps how we apply the high technology in more moral and ethical manners, but always in the end those deep in mystical arts can only enjoy technology because others have chosen not to delve into esoterica and instead focus on technology.

A society though that pursues only one or the other will only go so far.

In sum I just do not believe that hidden or secret knowledge from the past will lead to any great technological advances of any sort. It is great to learn from the past but we have to make do with the present forms of technology and spirituality and build on that if we are to improve either or achieve anything either as individuals or a society.

Hermiticism had a revival with the neoplatonists in the early christian period then it all went very quiet for a few centuries. The Grail romances may have touched on it but it was not until the Rennaisance and Age of Enlightenment that they started to have a major contribution once more.

What sort of contribution exactly?

Still in coming years with advances in quantum research and the growth of New Age subjects, one coulkd describe this as a move towards the Enochian or Hermetic philosophy.

I agree with you that advances are coming, even some that will parallel those of the ancient past, perhaps we will be able to build pyramids again, though I doubt we need huge glorified tombs in any case, perhaps there was other uses for them and we could replicate them.

Regardless though I would not view it as a move towards past philosophies. Instead it would be a move forwards, using and building on the knowledge and technology we have to share now freely and openly in modern society.

Hidden knowledge has limited or no benefit at all to improving society. If someone had something that could be used as a tool, a new technological tool, and only they had it, it would not be long before others learned how and everyone had it. That is if it is of any use to society, even if the use is not a good one in the end.

I agree with Wolf, that creating a One world system is negative if there is one belief system employed.

Well a one world system would in no way have one religion. A one world system can only be developed when we move more towards learning how to respect each others religions and not using it as an excuse to either try and control other societies or even to try and control your own as some misguided Christians in America try to make everyone choose as they did. It is the right to choose that is more important than what is chosen.

A one world system will incorporate all religions and not try and eradicate, dominate, or merge them.

This is because choosing one religion regardless of cultural differences is flawed and can only lead to repression without a single unifying event.

Agreed.

However, politics is not really the place for religion and if we could unite through a mutual understanding and acceptance of diversity then we might be on the way.

Agreed.

Complete non-prejudicial freedom of belief would be a good start and then many could become as one gradually, whereby competition is replaced with cooperation regardless of the religion held by individuals.

I think competition and cooperation will always occur simultaneously and neither can ever be eliminated. We can find new ways to do both though where there are no losers.

Competition without losers....that is the future.

Due to the current scenario I think we are a fair way away because of conditions of greed and revenge and the apparent need to have superiority over others and dominion over land. When we realize we are protectors and not owners of land we will be well on the way. Not in my lifetime.

Agreed.

View Postcluey, on 19 June 2010 - 12:50 PM, said:

ok!....my problem with this question about uniting humanity is.......(human nature is a psychological characteristic that all human have in common)........considering not all humans are normal.......how is this possible?????

I do not quite understand.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users