Welcome to Unexplained Mysteries! Please sign in or create an account to start posting and to access a host of extra features.

- - - - -

Ball lightning is all in the mind, say

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16    Ignus Fatuus

Ignus Fatuus

Poltergeist

• 2,678 posts

• Republicans and Democrats and Satan oh my!!!

Posted 20 May 2010 - 11:40 PM

Those comments by so called scientists just show you how ignorant humanity is when it comes to certain things.  "All in the mind"???  How about opening your minds!!!

Closed minds and unexperience go hand in hand with science nowadays.  "All in the mind"???  This must have come from some blissful people ... all great scientific discoveries come from those who think outside the box.  Well I do apologize!!!  Some of us are lucky enough to have the experience neccesary to call these so called scientists idiots.  Which is exactly what they are!!!

I have the know and I would send my soul to hell to the uttermost low ... give me a break.  These peeons need to go back to school and discover that humankind has yet to understand squat.  As shown with these comments!!!  Disagree with me???  Hopefully you will understand how wrong you are on this subject in your lifetime ... all in the mind "my friends mind", my neighbors mind ... my donk!!!

For those who are preaching hallucinations ... get a clue.  If one person saw it fine.  Two, three or in one case of mine five people???  Just not logical these conclusions are and end of story!!!!! ...  :sleepy:

#17    Brakzar Break

Brakzar Break

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• Fear we shall, the coming forth nuclear winter.

Open fire!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:18 AM

View Postnycblman, on 20 May 2010 - 02:13 PM, said:

Google ball lightning and you will find many photos and videos of it. One lab even posted a video of having reproduced ball lightning in a lab, although with that one I have to say, if they don't understand what causes it, how can they know they specifically recreated what people have been seeing/recording?

Anyways, given the recorded evidence, I don't believe this study. I don't even see where they reproduced this phenomenon in a lab. Can environmental factors cause hallucinations? Yes! Does it explain this away? Not in my opinion given what I've seen recorded on still- and video-cameras.

Got that right.  :geek:

Posted Image
Banner credits to Kesoglu, Sketchboook, Hitokiri-Hime, and Ulundo.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." - Colonel David M. Shoup

#18    Brakzar Break

Brakzar Break

Extraterrestrial Entity

• PipPipPip
  • 403 posts

• Fear we shall, the coming forth nuclear winter.

Open fire!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 12:19 AM

View PostIgnus Fatuus, on 20 May 2010 - 11:40 PM, said:

Those comments by so called scientists just show you how ignorant humanity is when it comes to certain things.  "All in the mind"???  How about opening your minds!!!

Closed minds and unexperience go hand in hand with science nowadays.  "All in the mind"???  This must have come from some blissful people ... all great scientific discoveries come from those who think outside the box.  Well I do apologize!!!  Some of us are lucky enough to have the experience neccesary to call these so called scientists idiots.  Which is exactly what they are!!!

I have the know and I would send my soul to hell to the uttermost low ... give me a break.  These peeons need to go back to school and discover that humankind has yet to understand squat.  As shown with these comments!!!  Disagree with me???  Hopefully you will understand how wrong you are on this subject in your lifetime ... all in the mind "my friends mind", my neighbors mind ... my donk!!!

For those who are preaching hallucinations ... get a clue.  If one person saw it fine.  Two, three or in one case of mine five people???  Just not logical these conclusions are and end of story!!!!! ...  :sleepy:

Problem is that scientists don't want to be wrong. They always want to be right.  :unsure:

Whoops! Sorry for double posting!  :(

Edited by Brakzar Break, 21 May 2010 - 12:20 AM.

Posted Image
Banner credits to Kesoglu, Sketchboook, Hitokiri-Hime, and Ulundo.

"Casualties many; Percentage of dead not known; Combat efficiency; we are winning." - Colonel David M. Shoup

#19    theQ

theQ

Apparition

• PipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 03:46 AM

IMAGINE THAT.....i know for a fact that ball lightning exist because i have seen very rare photographs showing ball lightining in 3 dimensions..yes...nature does have the ability to form isolated cohesive circular magnetic fields...and it also go's to show you to state as a fact that no such thing exist for as wonderous as nature is is the talk of a idiot more less a scientist. :P

#20    psyche101

psyche101

Conspiracy Realist

• 30,014 posts

• If you stop to think, Remember to start again

Posted 21 May 2010 - 04:12 AM

View PostMbyte, on 20 May 2010 - 04:43 PM, said:

Thats what skeptics athiests and egotistic scientists say when they can't explain something. Your imagining it.

I am a pretty hard core skeptic, I doubt many here would argue that.

I too have a great deal of trouble accepting this as an absolute answer. We have photo's, are the camera's hallucinating?

Tesla did experiments with ball lightning-like phenomena for audiences. He is depicted to have held a similar phenomena in his hand, I believe measured at 1,000 volts.

Maybe it explains some instances, from what information has been released I feel it awful premature to claim "all" I would like to see more on how these conclusions were achieved.

Posted Image

Edited by psyche101, 21 May 2010 - 04:13 AM.

Things are what they are. - Me Reality can't be debunked. That's the beauty of it. - Capeo 'If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants.' - Sir Isaac Newton. "Let me repeat the lesson learned from the Sturrock scientific review panel: Pack up your old data and forget it. Ufology needs new data, new cases, new rigorous and scientific methodologies if it hopes ever to get out of its pit." Ed Stewart. Youtube is the last refuge of the ignorant and is more often used for disinformation than genuine research.  There is a REASON for PEER REVIEW... - Chrlzs. Nothing is inexplicable, just unexplained. - Sir Wearer of Hats.

#21    Paracelse

Paracelse

Government Agent

• 4,074 posts

Posted 21 May 2010 - 05:14 AM

View Postcharacter, on 20 May 2010 - 07:58 PM, said:

As opposed to what religious and uneducated people say - "its magic" ? (yes magic includes god).

Wow, i can only assume your some 50+ year old person that has a complex about young people being smarter than you. Since for one, a person in his/her 30s or even 20s isnt a kid by most definitions, secondly a 22 year old that finished university will 99% of the time be a bigger authority on any scientific subject then any "non-kid" that isnt an expert on the subject(a real expert, not some self proclaimed know-it-all). And lastly, a person living an active life and/or reading the right things will always be a bigger authority on "life" (not that this blank statement describes anything in particular) that some redneck yokel, regardless of age.

As for the topic, i find it hard to believe the magnetic fields would be so strong as to affect the mind, and in such a specific and consistent way, especially when nothing else (i.e. electronics) arent affected. And then theres all the visual evidence...
Lavoisier who was one of the greatest scientist in France at the time once said:  Meteorites can't exist since there are not stones in the sky.  Yet despite his ignorance on meteorites, he still managed to recognize the first law of conservation of masses:  rien ne se perd rien ne se cree tout se transforme.  ;)

Yes you can be brilliant and dumb in the same life.

Those who would sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither Benjamin Franklin
République No.6
It's time for a sixth republic.

#22    amodedoma

amodedoma

Alien Embryo

• Pip
  • 14 posts

• Make your life meaningful...
    defend your values!

Posted 21 May 2010 - 06:08 AM

I saw ball lightning myself, and it sure as hell wasn't an electromagnetically induced hallucination.  Bally PA, summer of 1968, it was a partly cloudy day and I was walking along a rural road alone.  Ahead of me I noticed a flash, and saw a light descending towards the power lines in front of me.  It was making a hissing and sputtering sound that got louder as it approached.  It went right past me at the height of the power lines and stopped a few poles down where it poised itself right on top of the pole.  I walked back towards it an when I was about to reach it it made a popping noise and dissappeared.  Started a lifelong interest in unexplained aerial phenomenon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users